Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 24, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #28,651 of 62,685
I just got the JBL Club Pro + and the sound quality is amazing, the bass is on point. ANC I need to try it out when I'm at the gym or go for my run. Anyone recommend any tips for them?
I am in my testing phase and I do get more snug fit with the spinfit cp360 bit they stick out more. Wondering if a different Spinfit or comply model would be better.

Also can you test yours on a wireless charger? I am having some issues on mine and not sure if it's defective or if it just doesn't play nice with my charger while my other devices do.

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #28,653 of 62,685
Walmart Canada has the 75t in black or silver certified refurbished for $115 Cad which is about $85. Really good value and it qualifies for their standard return policy.
What is the warranty? Are these new? I'm worried about my Jabras 75t and will likely return because they were Amazon warehouse deal so no real warranty. And sound like alot of people have issues with them crapping out in one bud

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #28,654 of 62,685
I had the N6 Pro and Liberty Pro 2 but returned them. It was awhile go. Unless something goes drastically wrong, I’ll be keeping the MT. Best I can say. The fit and SQ hit the sweet spot, and the FW update appears to have done the job.

Do you have any other eartips you could try with the MT? I tried the Symbio F, but no good. They are way too big.

I know, I know, don't fix if it's not broken. Still, I would be curious to see how they sound with other tips.

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #28,655 of 62,685
What is the warranty? Are these new? I'm worried about my Jabras 75t and will likely return because they were Amazon warehouse deal so no real warranty. And sound like alot of people have issues with them crapping out in one bud

Nothing on the Walmart site but according to Jabra’s website certified refurbished are covered for 180 days.

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #28,657 of 62,685
I read somewhere if you can have directly and ask if any promotion people are getting them for like 145cdn. If pay 30 for new with 2 year warranty over that.

Having warranty is definitely nice. Have had my Jabra Elite Sport for 3 years now as a daily driver with zero issues. Just this week I noticed that the battery doesn’t last as long but that’s to be expected I suppose.

Jan 25, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #28,658 of 62,685
My Buds Plus just arrived. I've been nervous because I'm spending so much on a TWS (which can't even do AptX, at that!) Previously I only bought cheap TWS (Haylous, QCY, et al) after getting burned by the E12 Ultra.

Play by play:
- It arrived dead. Huh. I tried charging it wirelessly. Took a reaaallly long time to get to ~30%, don't know if this is normal. Probably should've charged it wired but I didn't want to go through the hassle of unplugging-replugging the cable from my quick charger.
- The manual says I have to use an app to pair. Like whaaaa. But okay. Downloaded app. Paired. Updated the firmware.
- The regular sized tips fits me well (I usually use M-sized tips for everything as well except for Acoustune AET08 which I need an L for).
- I don't know what these wingy things do. They don't grip, they don't even touch anything in my ear, they don't seem to achieve anything. I replaced the medium ones with the large ones and now I can't be bothered to switch back. Oh well. The manual says I shouldn't ever wear the buds without the wings on, because then they can go too deep (?). Cool cool cool.
- Fit is perfect. Or rather, no complaints. I don't really like the tips, they're a bit small and needs jamming in to really get a seal. (I tried the larger one, didn't really help, so I switched back to regs). The body of the buds (?) is huge, fat, round, but doesn't pose a problem.
- Sound was bassy. Midbassy. The upper frequencies are tame, making for a dark sound. The reviews say the Buds Plus are brighter than the OG Buds. Man, these are dark, I can't imagine what the OG Buds sound like.
- Played with the app and found the EQ. The "Dynamic" one is fun and lively (V-shaped, it sounds like the default EQ with the upper frequencies boosted?). The "Clear" one is pretty neutral (like the default with reduced bass). The "Treble boost" one is basically the Clear one with the upper frequencies boosted. I can imagine using these three and switching between them according to mood. If I have to choose my favorite I'd choose the "Clear," but then again it's only been ~45 minutes. We'll see. We shall see. The rest (including the default EQ) are useless to me.
To be honest I didn't expect to find the EQ this good. Previously preset EQs have always been rubbish. Good on you, Samsung!
- The hearthrough mode is.. rubbish. Or maybe my expectations were too high. It does let you hear what happens around you but in this tinny, old-radio sound. After a while it just started hissing, and I couldn't find any real sound which it can reproduce as a hiss. Turned it off and I don't think I'll ever turn it on again.
- It took me a long time to write this, and by the time I get to this part the rear part of my ear is starting to ache. I'm switching back to regular-sized wings.
- Alright, I'm switching to Youtube now. The delay is virtually zero. Netflix, likewise.

All in all, I'm really satisfied with the Buds Plus. I bought it blind, only relying on reviews, and with skepticism that a household name (Samsung) can create something good.. and color me pleasantly surprised. I should've considered this an AKG product, not a Samsung product I guess.

The sound reminds me of the moondrop trio (KPE, Starfield, KXXS), though the "Clear" EQ reminds me more of the KPE. It's definitely a popular tuning. The EQs are also a hoot.
I'm itching to replace the tips because I believe I can get a tighter sound with better tips.. but we'll see.

Is it worth the asking price? Not if you're only looking for sound quality. Yes if you're looking for the convenience of a TWS. I haven't tried the Tevi but I reckon I'll still vote for the Buds Plus due to the EQ.

Edit: if you're using Android, the app Galaxy Wearables have a couple of widgets. One to monitor the battery life, the other houses quick toggles for hearthrough and "block touches." My qualify of life has increased 70% by blocking touches.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #28,659 of 62,685
Anyone try the Audiofly AFT2? The shape seems similar to the MT. No app but the price seems fairly reasonable but not many reviews out there. The one review I did see I think the guy liked them as much as the cheaper Sennheiser TWS can't remember model name...
To my ears the upper mids and treble were a bit harsh, especially the upper mids. other than that i liked what i heard from the default sound.

Jan 25, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #28,660 of 62,685
I received the Soundcore Life Dot 2 NC yesterday from Walmart. I think these are the same earphones as the Soundcore Life A2 NC, which are now available on Amazon, with only cosmetic differences (e.g., the color of the control button is black on mine, but grey on the A2s). Specs are otherwise identical, and both cost $79.

For the price, these are a really easy choice. They are, hands down, the most comfortable earphones I've ever worn -- it's seriously easy to forget you're wearing them. They are extremely light and rest largely outside the ear (like the Liberty 2 Pros) and are held in place with a small fin (three size choices included) -- but they're small enough so they don't protrude much. They have 11mm dynamic drivers that really pump out the bass and, overall, have a smooth consumer-oriented sound. The sound quality is not quite on par with the higher end Soundcores or the Jabra 75t (or, certainly, the 85t) -- and while these might not be the earphones I'd pick to sit in an easy chair and listen (that would be my MTWs), they have a great "walking around" sound that's also perfect for watching video.

The ANC is surprisingly good at this price point. Since I can't get on the subway or a plane at the moment, I tested via YouTube videos and compared against my APPs, Jabras and the Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pros, and the ANC was broadly comparable. ANC is to a significant extent dependent on the quality of the fit and seal of the earphones, and the good thing about the Life Dot 2 NC's is that (in addition to the five sizes of tips that are supplied) many, many third party tips fit on the earphones and in the case, so most people should be able to find a good fit and seal. I can't overstate how much I appreciate that, because my ears are hard to fit and nothing is more frustrating than earphones that are otherwise terrific but just don't quite fit with the supplied tips -- and don't easily allow third party tips (and yes, I'm looking at you Jabra 85t).

Battery life is billed at 7 hours (not yet tested by me), build quality is good for the price, and the range seems terrific (I went down for coffee this morning and lost the connection only briefly on the way down the stairs at the other side of the house). Another thing that sets these apart of many other earphones in their price range is the wonderful Soundcore app, which allows changes to the control scheme, ANC and transparency settings, and firmware updates -- and also has about the best equalizer options I've seen. There's even an iOS widget that allows on the fly changes to ANC options.

Finally, the call quality seems to be superb. There are six microphones total and my guess is that the four external mics are used for noise reduction and "beamforming" (whatever that is) during calls. I haven't tested from the subway platform yet (for obvious reasons), but I'm told the connection from indoors and out was terrific and suitable for work calls.

Overall, if you're looking for an extremely comfortable, nice sounding earphones for daily use at a price that won't knock your socks off, these are a great option.
This could just be an issue with the pair i got, but yes calls sound great, but so did everything in the background. TV, kids playing etc. These are sneaky good over all though. Glad someone else has enjoyed using them.

Jan 25, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #28,661 of 62,685
I am in my testing phase and I do get more snug fit with the spinfit cp360 bit they stick out more. Wondering if a different Spinfit or comply model would be better.

Also can you test yours on a wireless charger? I am having some issues on mine and not sure if it's defective or if it just doesn't play nice with my charger while my other devices do.

When I had mine, I did find that one of the tips (Xelastics MS) wouldn't fit in the case, but I had a good fit with 1 M and 1 L Spinfit CP360 IIRC.

Mine did work on my "Yootech" qi chargers (3) but it does have to placed dead center for the coil to engage, I found, and wouldn't engage as well if off on the side. Also, you probably know this, but the case lays on it's back (not the USB port), so I'd always be careful setting it so I could see the charge light engage on the bottom of case and make sure it was in the right position. But, I guess this is all to say, I don't think yours is bad, but it may be touchy re-qi charging. If it won't stay charging - make sure it's not full already (it charged v quick for me) and otherwise if you still have probs I'd return 'em. (or send to me!) lol

Jan 25, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #28,662 of 62,685
Do you have any other eartips you could try with the MT? I tried the Symbio F, but no good. They are way too big.

I know, I know, don't fix if it's not broken. Still, I would be curious to see how they sound with other tips.
I am using the Jabra's 75t tips on MT and it's give me better seal and isolation and they fit in the case just fine.
IMG_0062.jpeg

Jan 25, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #28,663 of 62,685

Are you able to close the case without any issues?

Thanks. I didn't even check out the wireless charging, will do tonight after work.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #28,664 of 62,685
Anyone jumping in on the Earin? Available today. Not much in the way of reviews. A couple folks on Reddit said they don’t fit well. I like the diminutive size but seems like they don’t really offer anything unique or groundbreaking.

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #28,665 of 62,685
Anyone jumping in on the Earin? Available today. Not much in the way of reviews. A couple folks on Reddit said they don’t fit well. I like the diminutive size but seems like they don’t really offer anything unique or groundbreaking.
I like the idea of the big driver, but otherwise I'd really need to see some stellar reviews to pick up. I'm much more a fan of the sealing design of IEMs than the openness of the airpods, Buds Live, or even the Jabra 85t.

Thus far, though I really want the best for Earin, this doesn't look like a buy for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back