Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 20, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #28,517 of 62,474
Dynamic actually does sound like Crin's measurements, tilts slightly warmer, but keeps the sibilant area at the same level. Kinda worse than normal IMO. I think normal is the best as thy failed to tame the treble at a good level and kept a good warmth balance with any of their presets. Perhaps the shallow insertion causes somewhat of a peak in the treble for some of us.

Not sure if the bass was intended like I hear out of Kanas Pro eartips, in which normal level bass sound good to me. This could just be tip dependent, but none of the early Samsung I liked the bass even with tips swapping. Pretty underwhelmed with bass with those.
Have you tried them on Windows 10 yet to see how's the SBC quality?

Jan 20, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #28,518 of 62,474
Was getting a strange muffled sound in the left ear on my Bomaker SiFi II even after cleaning the small membranes protecting the drivers from little earwax debris. So I removed the membranes and...fixed. Now of course the drivers are no longer protected so that's not ideal. Maybe I'll try to let them soak to see if it fixes the problem. Come to think of it I'd had to do the same thing with the SiFi I that I later gave away due to poor fit in my ears (kept popping out) but apparently they still work fine.

Jan 20, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #28,519 of 62,474
Melomania touch users:
AAC or APTX?
Sound wise and connectivity wise.
I am with a galaxy s10 phone and automatically got APTX all the time. Now changed to AAC, and to me it sound even better, also feel connectivity is faster. Opinions?

Jan 20, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #28,520 of 62,474
I got the Galaxy Buds Pro and Samsung really pisses me off. I think this iem has good potential, and it seem sound good, but I can't get a good fit due to them trying to copy Apple and going proprietary tips. Stupid, stupid idea. I don't know why Samsung tries to copy the most annoying things from Apple. Like getting rid of headphone jack and leaving out power adapters and now they gimp the fit of the iem and also the after market tips usability. Jesus Christ! Do they know how to stay original?

I know I should be getting more bass out of these, and I feel like I would actually like these the best if I can get bigger size tips (L is smaller than L APP tips!) and the nozzle was extended longer. This is so disappointing. The tips are not large enough and it effects noise isolation and ANC for highs as well.

It seems to sound better (sound stage and imaging seems to be better than previous models I've tried, and sounding more refined and cleaner), but I can't the best out of them. So annoying. Samsung does the dumbest things sometimes.

If you go large tips, I suggest waiting until larger after market tips comes out. So annoying.
Samsung is the worst. I get anoyed with severl other OEM's, my favorite LG for coppying the stupid airpod like stem design for their Tone earbuds among other things. But Samsung deciding not to include APTX, okay fine i get not wanting to pay for licensing when you have a proprietary codec, but then causing bitpool on SBC, and AAC being what it is on android, not consistent that is,...I don't know. I just hate on principal when companies purposely hamstring a product. I don't care who makes it. Whatever it is.

Jan 20, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #28,521 of 62,474
So I just discovered someone did a preset aiming at the Harman curve specifically for the Jaybird Vista (it's in the Jaybird app). No joke, I am pretty damn impressed with the sound of these now. Before they were just my "big bass hip hop gym headphones" but now they actually sound pretty solid for general enjoyment.

Jan 20, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #28,522 of 62,474
Update on Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro:

I'm getting fatigued after listening to them due to the slight treble emphasis. Not as bad a M&D or MTW series, but I can't listen to these long thinking I maybe causing hearing damage with such response. This doesn't motivate me to listen to them anymore. I really do like the crispness and cleaniness of the response with it's tight responsive bass with good quantity. I hope to get the right target response one day with good bass and just the right amount of highs, but with high clarity as well.

Jan 20, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #28,523 of 62,474

I'm getting fatigued after listening to them due to the slight treble emphasis. Not as bad a M&D or MTW series, but I can't listen to these long thinking I maybe causing hearing damage with such response. This doesn't motivate me to listen to them anymore. I really do like the crispness and cleaniness of the response with it's tight responsive bass with good quantity. I hope to get the right target response one day with good bass and just the right amount of highs, but with high clarity as well.
So what you are saying is that they sound better to you then 2 of the top regarded earbud for sound and they are still not good enough.
Maybe wavelet can help time down the treble or try comply tips.

Crinacle and others have regarded the sound as very good and the Trevor as being crisp but not fatiguing.

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #28,525 of 62,474
Hi guys. Can any of you kindly recommend me buds around £40 to £50? My mate has been telling me how good the Boltune BT-BH024 is. Are they the best sound quality for their price or is there better? I'd like some that stay secure in the ears while jogging, preferably with warmth close to my wired ibasso ITO1 sound rather than bright and fatiguing (like my TFZ Exclusive 3), volume control and track skip, and either touch, or if they're buttons, a nice easy press without making the ear feel uncomfortable. Thanks. :)

Mpow M30 Plus are a really good buy. I have headphones and earbuds costing hundreds and the M30s are just as good. 100 hours of battery life is also very useful.

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #28,526 of 62,474
Doing some quick listening comparison between L2P and L2, using my Shanling M3s as source, they sound very similar except for treble. Treble on L2P is more pronounced to the point where it sounds overdone and shrill and ear piercing on some recordings such as Dido - Take You Home or Indila - Derniere Danse, and even using Treble Reducer EQ setting does not help with this. Granted, it is possible these are just overproduced recordings where L2P uncovers their flaws, but I personally prefer how these tracks sound on L2 instead.

Need to spend more time with both L2 and L2P before I make up my mind.

If anyone wants to suggest any particular test tracks with 'challenging' treble that some earphones struggle with, I am all ears (heh).

I just got the L2P and I had this exact problem - the treble was so pronounced that it was not even sibilance anymore, it was a shrill that was very uncomfortable to my ear. I had to turn down the volume to protect my ears. I read somewhere that the headphones need to be burned in so I let it sit overnight on low volumes and that has settled the treble down significantly. It's still there under certain EQ settings at high volumes (like Riley Mackin professional EQ), but it's much better now. I don't think this is a problem for a lot of ballads, but a representative example is "Need Your Love" by Gryffin - the vocals distorted significantly before the burn in especially in the chorus.

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #28,527 of 62,474
Mpow M30 Plus are a really good buy. I have headphones and earbuds costing hundreds and the M30s are just as good. 100 hours of battery life is also very useful.

Thanks man. Slightly cheaper than the Boltunes and I noticed on Amazon there's also an updated M30 for the same price.

Reviewers seem to like the M30. Apparently a range of 30 feet which is good. Do you actually get 5 hours playtime from yours? Is the bass punchy, and would you say they're warm sounding buds or bright? Any idea how they compare to the Boltune BH024?

Edit: oops, I just noticed you mentioned the plus version. I'll go check more reviews of that.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #28,528 of 62,474
I just got the L2P and I had this exact problem - the treble was so pronounced that it was not even sibilance anymore, it was a shrill that was very uncomfortable to my ear. I had to turn down the volume to protect my ears. I read somewhere that the headphones need to be burned in so I let it sit overnight on low volumes and that has settled the treble down significantly. It's still there under certain EQ settings at high volumes (like Riley Mackin professional EQ), but it's much better now. I don't think this is a problem for a lot of ballads, but a representative example is "Need Your Love" by Gryffin - the vocals distorted significantly before the burn in especially in the chorus.
I also own and enjoy the L2P but I find the treble every so slightly metallic in nature even though I find the over default signature a bit on the bass oriented side. It did get better over time but still persists. In comparison my AZ70 is much brighter sounding and as some members have noted not as bass enhanced for everyones taste, yet even with the brightness I never find myself wishing that shrill sound would go away...

The L2P kind of remind me of some of the early Sony XBA series earphones in regards to the treble.

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #28,529 of 62,474

This is my experience too. After a few days of owning them I got to the point I now dread having to listen to any song with female vocals on it, the sibilance is just so grating. A shame cause everything else is almost perfect, they fit great, they don't sound congested as other TWS I've tried, bass, details and overall sound is top notch except for that spike that creates sibilance. I have many other sets that are sibilant and I enjoy, something like DT990 doesn't bother me, but there is something about these, maybe cause it is the one issue holding them back from being the perfect TWS set and it pisses me off. Anyway, I will return these.

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #28,530 of 62,474
This is my experience too. After a few days of owning them I got to the point I now dread having to listen to any song with female vocals on it, the sibilance is just so grating. A shame cause everything else is almost perfect, they fit great, they don't sound congested as other TWS I've tried, bass, details and overall sound is top notch except for that spike that creates sibilance. I have many other sets that are sibilant and I enjoy, something like DT990 doesn't bother me, but there is something about these, maybe cause it is the one issue holding them back from being the perfect TWS set and it pisses me off. Anyway, I will return these.
Exactamundo as quoted by the ninja turtles. I too like everything about the sound besides the sibilance. I hate the tips and ANC is underwhelming. It's not as practical as APP.

How ironic that they try to be like Apple, and that backfires.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back