Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 20, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #27,796 of 62,422
How is the added ANC?
Here in Canada they didn't drop the price and I can get 85t for same price as the 75t active.....
So far if I factor price and sound quality am leaning Jabra Sony or Mwo7+ or Technics.

Think Bose are to bulky and expensive. MTW2 are quite expensive given something newer and better comes out a year later.....

Alo found the AKG ones for 240 CDN$ but hear they don't have goodANC so not big upgrade over my Samsung's.

I haven’t had the opportunity to listen to those but you may want to consider the Panasonic RZ-S500WK as well. Different driver than the Technics, comes with ANC and app similar to the Technics. Currently on sale in Canada $148 CAD. Reviews on the web are pretty good.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #27,797 of 62,422
I haven’t had the opportunity to listen to those but you may want to consider the Panasonic RZ-S500WK as well. Different driver than the Technics, comes with ANC and app similar to the Technics. Currently on sale in Canada $148 CAD. Reviews on the web are pretty good.
If I don't mind the white silver Technics model it is at 186. For 40$ more would go for that one. Just hearing it lacks bass,no auto stop, very bulky sticks out a lot. So a bit reluctant to try.

Dec 20, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #27,798 of 62,422
If I don't mind the white silver Technics model it is at 186. For 40$ more would go for that one. Just hearing it lacks bass,no auto stop, very bulky sticks out a lot. So a bit reluctant to try.

Same here. I have been on search and hunt for a few weeks now. Still unsung a pair of Jabra which is good enough when out and about and been super reliable to me for almost 3 years but looking for something with better sq. Unfortunately I don’t think there is a clear winner as they all have some drawbacks.

Dec 20, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #27,799 of 62,422
wondering if Sony users with Samsung phones can comment on latency and sound quality and overall fit and comfort As i am leaning on buying while at this price.
Also how loud are they and how do they compare to the 1more if you have tried both?

If latency matters, don't get the Sonys. Dialogue is definitely out of sync with my Samsung S10. Everything looks like a badly dubbed foreign-language movie.

I like the sound quality, especially with ANC on, but fit is tricky because there's the large oblong shape, where it says Sony, that has to sit just right in your ear. I also had to get aftermarket memory foams to get a seal--something from Ali, but I've forgotten which. The Sony are very good for music, and if I ever take a plane again they are coming with me for the ANC. But if you're planning to watch videos, get something like Galaxy Buds that are made to sync with the phone.

Dec 20, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #27,800 of 62,422
If latency matters, don't get the Sonys. Dialogue is definitely out of sync with my Samsung S10. Everything looks like a badly dubbed foreign-language movie.

I like the sound quality, especially with ANC on, but fit is tricky because there's the large oblong shape, where it says Sony, that has to sit just right in your ear. I also had to get aftermarket memory foams to get a seal--something from Ali, but I've forgotten which. The Sony are very good for music, and if I ever take a plane again they are coming with me for the ANC. But if you're planning to watch videos, get something like Galaxy Buds that are made to sync with the phone.
Thanks. Have the galaxy buds and do enjoy them though the highs get a bit tiring after a while. Also want something withANC for workouts.....

Dec 20, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #27,802 of 62,422
For fun ordered the Sony and 75t active in Amazon. There was a warehouse deal albeit in mint green on the Jabra for 105 Canadian or about 80$. New price is 260.

Will give them a go though the 1mores I've changed the tips in 1 ear and the hooks and seal is a bit better. I really do like the sound and great price. Might just end up keeping these as the fit is very secure for working out and has every other feature I like with ANC. Think the better fit bit louder too. Will re test against my Samsung buds +

Dec 21, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #27,807 of 62,422
I had stopped using my N400 in favor the MTW2. I dusted them off yesterday. Predictably, getting them to charge was a PIA. Unless they are perfectly seated in the case, they won't charge. Man the hardware and software stinks aside from the nice build quality on the buds and case themselves but they sound so good I almost forgive Samsung. To my ears, they sound better then the MTW2. If you like a warm rich sound, the MTW2 is probably more suited but the N400 are more neutral and pleasing to my ears with a nice bass bump. While I haven't yet heard the Air Pods Max, from the descriptions, they may be tune similarly. I think the N400 is the best sounding TWS out there. Funnily enough, they randomly connected to my phone at midnight despite being put away in the case 4 hours earlier. If the N400 is blueprint for the new Galaxy Buds Pro, they are going to be excellent.

As an aside, any MTW2 owners notice that the ANC is a joke? Mine literally does nothing to cut noise. I can tell when it switches on and off but otherwise, it's completely useless. I actually think ANC increases external sound. It's strange because many reviews compared the ANC to the Sony and Bose. So either I have a faulty set or the reviews are off. A quick search on reddit suggests that many people have the same issue so I am chalking it up to bad implementation rather than a defect in my set. Are those reviewers paid to say the ANC is great?

Lastly, my Gemini arrive tomorrow. I went back and forth on purchasing them before pulling the trigger. Reports are flakey software and connection issues but excellent sound. We shall see.

Dec 21, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #27,808 of 62,422
I was pretty happy with the Bomaker SiFi II thanks to their stellar passive isolation that's great for riding on my home trainer but I'm noticing some annoying driver flex in the left ear now, anyone else have that ?

Problem fixed, it was my left ear (drum) that had some "driver flex" !

Dec 21, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #27,809 of 62,422
Right, whoever recommended me the JBL CLUB PRO+ TWS thank you very much. I can finally say I found a pair of TWS that don't destroy my ear and I can wear them pain free. The sound is pretty great and the app lets you control the signature so easy. I will say that I don't think I even need foam for these to stay in my ears but issues is if you use the foam tips you cannot close the charging case so they don't charge. Also the ANC is kinda sucky and if I'm running I get a bit of 'cable noise' like I hear the bump of my feet if that makes sense but it will do for now.

If anyone know of any other earphones with the same fit profile as the JBL then let me know!

Dec 21, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #27,810 of 62,422
Lastly, my Gemini arrive tomorrow. I went back and forth on purchasing them before pulling the trigger. Reports are flakey software and connection issues but excellent sound. We shall see.

I have been tracking that thread as well. Mine arrive Wednesday. Here is what I plan to wear for the firmware updating process.
images.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back