Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 18, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #27,751 of 62,572
Just got in the Ultimate Ears UE Fits!!!!!
First impressions, wow whole new unboxing experience, and setup. Nothing exactly like it
Getting the ear tips to mold to your ears is odd but fun. The isolation is fantastic. Told someone to yell at me and I could hear nothing. No noise cancelling needed.
The app is easy, fast and helpful. Connection was instant with Samsung S20 FE.
So far the sound is great. Lots of EQ features and your can customize the tap features on the buds.

If these were more affordable I would instantly recommend them to all. I am really enjoying them. Will post more impressions after I spend more time with the buds.
Will also need to study more listening to make sure I got a proper fit the first go around.

Exciting first listen!!!!!

Dec 18, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #27,752 of 62,572
the fiil t1 pro arrived a few days ago and i'm loving them. great fit and great neutral sound. the problem is they like to slowly slide out of my ears, and lose the seal... memory foam tips helped a bit, but are a bit difficult to get into the ears, and stick out slightly when in the charger.
being used to and loving the flange tips on my se846, i tried some (aliexpress) and they are perfect now but don't fit in the charging case anymore. so i decided to mod the case. the cups for the earbuds is clipped into the outer case and can be carefully taken out. i saw that there is no pcb where i wanted to cut the hole, so i got the dremel and did it. will maybe 3d print and glue some covers to the outside later to keep the dust out.
very happy now!!! much better then the sennheiser mtw1 (i had for a few weeks) in every respect imo
IMG_5506e.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #27,753 of 62,572
85t analytical review available on Rtings https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/jabra/elite-85t-truly-wireless#page-test-results
They were extremely impressed and found that isolation wasn't great, although surprisingly they do better in the highs than the bass, which is not what you'd expect from the semi-open + ANC combo as they generally have poor isolation for the highs whicl the ANC able to take care of the low droning sounds.

The 85ts are my favorite TWS to date

Dec 18, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #27,754 of 62,572
The 85ts are my favorite TWS to date
What have you tried?
I have the APP (great comfort though can’t keep them in, not great sound for me). Bose QC earbuds (great anc, good sound, hurt my ears no matter what I do).
I’m looking for anc, good comfort and good sound. My non-tws are CA andromeda. I’m looking for a lot of clarity. Do not need very powerful bass.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #27,755 of 62,572
I keep running across the Nuarl 6 pros and M&D MW07 Go, but what pushes me away is a lack of app for both. I would be very curious to compare them to the Sennheiser cx400bt/MTW2 and Technics AZ70, which I liked both a lot. I don't understand why they didn't invest anything into an app.. Bit disappointing.

Well, I have 1 and half week to keep or return the Senns. I'm still driving myself crazy searching for other earbuds to try for under $200. Anything else with super sound quality worth trying/comparing?

Dec 18, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #27,756 of 62,572
I keep running across the Nuarl 6 pros and M&D MW07 Go, but what pushes me away is a lack of app for both. I would be very curious to compare them to the Sennheiser cx400bt/MTW2 and Technics AZ70, which I liked both a lot. I don't understand why they didn't invest anything into an app.. Bit disappointing.

Well, I have 1 and half week to keep or return the Senns. I'm still driving myself crazy searching for other earbuds to try for under $200. Anything else with super sound quality worth trying/comparing?

Is there anything with "super" sound quality yet. Getting quite good but nothing that qualifies as super exists. :upside_down:

Dec 18, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #27,757 of 62,572
Is there anything with "super" sound quality yet. Getting quite good but nothing that qualifies as super exists. :upside_down:

That's true lol. I just mean something with excellent sound

Dec 18, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #27,758 of 62,572

Lack of available app is a bummer.
Technics AZ70 gets very good reviews here and comes with a solid app and ANC. Panasonic pulled it off quite well. They also have the cheaper version under the the Panasonic brand, also with app and ANC but smaller driver. My colleague bought a pair and is very happy.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #27,759 of 62,572
What have you tried?
I have the APP (great comfort though can’t keep them in, not great sound for me). Bose QC earbuds (great anc, good sound, hurt my ears no matter what I do).
I’m looking for anc, good comfort and good sound. My non-tws are CA andromeda. I’m looking for a lot of clarity. Do not need very powerful bass.

Tried most of the stuff out there :). Haven’t tried the Bose QC. APPs are a very solid product, but 85ts have better sound, better battery, better anc. APPs better call quality. 85ts are excellent imo.

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #27,760 of 62,572
The only comment I read about the new Gemini might out them as potential candidate for this title.

Dec 19, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #27,761 of 62,572
Tried most of the stuff out there :). Haven’t tried the Bose QC. APPs are a very solid product, but 85ts have better sound, better battery, better anc. APPs better call quality. 85ts are excellent imo.
Thanks.
I'm worried about the buds staying in - I could not get the APP to do that even with several types of tips. The Bose stay out but really hurt after about an hour.
If you tried both the 85t and the mtw2 what do you think about fit and comfort?

Dec 19, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #27,762 of 62,572
Would love to hear more opinions on the 1more ANC TWS.
Those who bought and returned what didn't you like and was it the newer THX updated model? If you kept them tell me what you like dislike. Had mine 1 day haven't had time to play with all the time yet but am warning to the soundc which is definitely warmer than my GBUDS +

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #27,763 of 62,572
That,or you could of bought azla sednaearfit xelastec tips. They fit in the case and the PRO sits
the fiil t1 pro arrived a few days ago and i'm loving them. great fit and great neutral sound. the problem is they like to slowly slide out of my ears, and lose the seal... memory foam tips helped a bit, but are a bit difficult to get into the ears, and stick out slightly when in the charger.
being used to and loving the flange tips on my se846, i tried some (aliexpress) and they are perfect now but don't fit in the charging case anymore. so i decided to mod the case. the cups for the earbuds is clipped into the outer case and can be carefully taken out. i saw that there is no pcb where i wanted to cut the hole, so i got the dremel and did it. will maybe 3d print and glue some covers to the outside later to keep the dust out.
very happy now!!! much better then the sennheiser mtw1 (i had for a few weeks) in every respect imo
IMG_5506e.jpg
like glued in the ears. the xelastec is a bit pricey tho.

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #27,764 of 62,572
Has anyone heard both the Sony WF-1000XM3 and Sennheiser Momentum True wireless? I have Sennheiser cx400bt that use same drivers as the Momentum True wireless. I would be very curious to see how the Momentums sound compared to the Sony, which just dropped in price.

I had them both in a/b comparison
I'm a classical musician and I definitely prefer the Sony, bigger soundstage, better details and more realistic instruments timbre
In terms of sound quality If you listen to classical and acoustic jazz you can't go wrong with the Sony

Dec 19, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #27,765 of 62,572
I had them both in a/b comparison
I'm a classical musician and I definitely prefer the Sony, bigger soundstage, better details and more realistic instruments timbre
In terms of sound quality If you listen to classical and acoustic jazz you can't go wrong with the Sony

Interesting that you say that. I do listen to classical along with rock, pop (vocals). I considered trying the Sony, still thinking about it. Only thing pushing me away is the size of the earbuds as they jut out, but I feel it might be worth trying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back