Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 13, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #27,691 of 62,426
Yes but the battery life is trash etc, sucks having to go for crap headphones because my ears are deformed haha.
Why are they crap? The Bose are pretty nice and I'd put them up against your list even without the fit issue. The Bose are super comfy and the ANC addresses the semi open nature of them. 6hrs is generally enough for me for battery. Pretty solid everyday option IMHO.

Dec 13, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #27,693 of 62,426
Other than the Sennheiser Momentum 2, Technics AZ70 and possibly Cambridge Audio Melomania 2 when they are available, anything else that is really high quality in terms of sound? Really wanted to get something superb but I may just go with high quality IEMs and a Bluetooth adapter.

Dec 13, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #27,694 of 62,426
Other than the Sennheiser Momentum 2, Technics AZ70 and possibly Cambridge Audio Melomania 2 when they are available, anything else that is really high quality in terms of sound? Really wanted to get something superb but I may just go with high quality IEMs and a Bluetooth adapter.
MW07 Go and Plus. Nuarl N6 Pro. If you go the adapter route you have to make sure you match the IEM properly. If the IEM requires a lot of power, the adapter may fall flat. If the IEM is too efficient you may get some hiss. There is a sweet spot. Also fit can be an issue.

Dec 13, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #27,695 of 62,426
MW07 Go and Plus. Nuarl N6 Pro. If you go the adapter route you have to make sure you match the IEM properly. If the IEM requires a lot of power, the adapter may fall flat. If the IEM is too efficient you may get some hiss. There is a sweet spot. Also fit can be an issue.
Haven’t thought about the Nuarl N6 Pro but the M&D GO had a slight hiss out of iPhone X which is noticeable in low volume and podcasts

Dec 13, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #27,696 of 62,426
Haven’t thought about the Nuarl N6 Pro but the M&D GO had a slight hiss out of iPhone X which is noticeable in low volume and podcasts
Agree. All of my MW07s had some hiss. I complained about it to them and they offered a return but said they deemed it normal. I got used it.

Dec 13, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #27,697 of 62,426
Agree. All of my MW07s had some hiss. I complained about it to them and they offered a return but said they deemed it normal. I got used it.
And the plus and go no longer support AAC so if you are on ios definitely look elsewhere. The Devialet looks interesting. Ships 12/28.

Dec 13, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #27,698 of 62,426
hmm, I'm not noticing much difference with ANC turned on. Maybe it's just my perception but I'm only hearing a slight bass boost, far less drastic than some other ANC devices I've used.

My left bud seems to still charge, the issue is that sometimes when taking them out of the case, they don't seem to realize it and have either a blue or red light on. Sometimes pressing the button fixes this.

Are yours defaulting to ANC off each time you power them on?

oh no, it's not just perception :frowning2: switch ANC on and the volume drops a click or two and the mid and highs take over, even if you increase the volume again.

No, ANC doesn't stay on with mine either. Pop em in the case, and they go back to normal.

Dec 13, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #27,699 of 62,426
Not in the canal, yeah its the outside part of my ear. I guess I have them always jammed in too much?? but then I don't get any seal and they aren't secure in my ear if I leave it loose.

Try something on the smaller end of the housing sizes.

Tronsmart Spunky Beats or Onyx
Bomaker Sifi (1st gen)
Maybe the Fiil T1 pro

I found the Galaxy Buds+ fit very well, their unique shape fit my smaller concha fairly well. I used them with no wings, just the smooth band and de-cored APP foam tips.

If you don't mind open or non-isolating, you could try the Sabbat X12 Ultra.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #27,702 of 62,426
I am very grateful for everyone who has replied to me about my search for comfy IEMs, thank you. I bought a Bose pair now and will give them a go. I am still determined to hang onto my Jabra 85t due to sound and general good stuff about them but I notice that they have a really weird oval ear tip, no idea where I can get foams for this in the UK?!!

Furthermore if an ear phone hurts after 1 hour of usage, it's always going to be like huh.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #27,703 of 62,426
I am very grateful for everyone who has replied to me about my search for comfy IEMs, thank you. I bought a Bose pair now and will give them a go. I am still determined to hang onto my Jabra 85t due to sound and general good stuff about them but I notice that they have a really weird oval ear tip, no idea where I can get foams for this in the UK?!!

Furthermore if an ear phone hurts after 1 hour of usage, it's always going to be like huh.

ikko i-planet on amazon seemed to fit my oval driver housing buds

Dec 14, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #27,704 of 62,426
ikko i-planet on amazon seemed to fit my oval driver housing buds

Hmm not sure how that stays on.

1607954587588.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back