Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 10, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #27,661 of 62,151
New RHA ANC arrived earlier in the week. Sadly they are now broken, the left bud has packed up completely and has no sound. The app is garbage too. Its a disappointing product from RHA. When they did work, i had a lot of stuttering and had to disconnect and reconnect to resolve it, this evening I go to use them and although they pair, the left bud has no music but oddly still has the inbuilt prompts audible. Anyway, I'd avoid. Seems like a rushed out product, I'm majorly disappointed it was an early Christmas present to myself @RHA Team

Only positive i can say is they're comfortable to wear

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #27,662 of 62,151
Updated my AH70 review removing details about firmware upgrade as it appears to not make a change to the signature. The good news is I am really liking their sound so must have grown used to the signature to the point I don't feel like I am missing anything anymore :).

Have to say its been a while since I had a headphone where I didn't wish for changes to the signature! Hope everyone else finds something that works for them. I am going to just sit back and enjoy for a while... Maybe go find that thread where people list their latest favorite music and see what's new out there in the actual music world!

Have fun everyone, and happy listening :xf_cool: .

Dec 10, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #27,663 of 62,151
Updated my AH70 review removing details about firmware upgrade as it appears to not make a change to the signature. The good news is I am really liking their sound so must have grown used to the signature to the point I don't feel like I am missing anything anymore :).

Have to say its been a while since I had a headphone where I didn't wish for changes to the signature! Hope everyone else finds something that works for them. I am going to just sit back and enjoy for a while... Maybe go find that thread where people list their latest favorite music and see what's new out there in the actual music world!

Have fun everyone, and happy listening :xf_cool: .
Thanks for your detailed impressions of the AZ70! I have the RZ-500w, which are tuned similarly though not the same internals. I've had them for several months and I like them very much. I updated the firmware and have no complaints- very difficult to notice any differences without being able to A/B before and after firmware update. As long as I don't listen to them shortly after listening to my main setup (Focal Elear, SMSL SP200 Amp, TEAC UD-301 DAC) all is good! They hold their own against my B&W P7 wireless headphones.

Dec 10, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #27,664 of 62,151
I got the Galaxy Buds Plus the other day on sale for $99. I'm liking then a lot. For low to lowish volume listening (24 to 32% on my Pixel) I think they sound great and don't require any EQ to fit my IEM preference. The overall frequency response is really good. Perfect level of bass for my tastes, mids aren't recessed, treble has really good sparkle. This is using the Spinfit CP360 tips though. I prefer the fit, comfort, and sound of the Spinfits on these. The ambient sound is also pretty good as long as it isn't too breezy outside. Comfort is really good, even for long(ish) listening sessions, and with the "wingtips" and they way they twist in when you put them in they aren't going anywhere. Battery life is of course really good with these. The case is pretty small and pocketable. These are my new "daily" and the WF-1000XM3 will be for when I want ANC.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #27,665 of 62,151
Hey everyone, I just wanted to share some first impressions of the Fiil T1 Pro I got today. Note these are my first TWS and I was used to the VSonic GR07 Classic for use "on the road" and Audio Technicas ATH-M50x for use at home. As those are my daily drivers, these were what I compared the T1 Pros to. I also want to emphasise that the T1 Pros are my first pair of TWS, so I wanted to offer a point of view of someone coming from regular headphones/IEMs, mainly wrt sound quality.

Honestly, when I ordered these on 11/11 for $58 with all the coupons and sales, I didn't know what to expect, and although my expectations were kind of hyped from Scarbir's review, I didn't expect these to match my VSonics SQ-wise. Well, turned out I was right :D Having said that, though, I also have to say that I'm writing this text with the T1 Pros in my ears for over 2 hours straight with a smile on my face, so let me elaborate on that a bit.

*First impressions*
When I first turned these on and played the first track that just happened to be currently on my Spotify playlist, I was unimpressed. There was too much bass for my taste, the mids were way too forward causing that unpleasant "blanket" effect. Admittedly, "Behold The Crown by After The Burial" didn't really shine on these.

*Testing and tuning*
I decided to move genre-wise to a couple of pop-rock(ish) tracks, which improved things a bit, but still didn't reach the expected SQ level, so I started EQ-ing. Decreasing the low frequency spectrum just a little bit and then the mids by a bit more got me to a level where these started to sound pleasant to me. Now that I'm writing this it leads me to think whether I "tuned" them to a V-shaped sound or just corrected overemphasized mids, but I'll note that I used a completely flat equalizer (sometimes increasing the low frequencies by a very little bit) on the very neutral VSonics.
Anyway, even after doing this they still do sound very different, but after a few A/B/C comparisons between the Fiils, Vsonics and ATHs, I started to realise I'm actually getting to like the sound signature and found myself enjoying the music. Yes, on certain tracks the bass is still over-emphasized, but the mids problem could be pretty well eliminated by EQing, and I found the highs pretty good as-is. In terms of soundstage (and I gotta admit I am no expert on assessing this), I find the soundstage pretty mediocre compared to both the VSonics or Audio Technicas, but not to the point that it would annoy me. Unless I'm doing a direct A/B comparison with something clearly better, I don't really notice any shortcomings in this area, mainly after getting accustomed to the sound.

*Summary*
I have to say, that for less than $60, I'm impressed. I can totally see these being my daily driver for situations where I'd normally use IEMs, i.e. work commute on foot, getting somewhere by public transport, or just moving around the house while cleaning the apartment. These won't replace my full sized headphones for sure, but for the aforementioned use cases, or just some casual listening in general, these definitely won't end up forgotten in the bottom drawer.

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #27,666 of 62,151
I find the Sennheiser cx400bt bit uncomfortable.. I'm using default ear tips, but my ear canals feel sore after ~3 hours.

I think they can use same ear-tips as Sennheiser MTW1 and MTW2. Has anyone tried different ear tips with their MTW1/2?? I ran across the Complyfoam Pro. I would be curious to know if that's the only option. I opened a ticket with Sennheiser 2 days ago but not heard back

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #27,667 of 62,151
Or maybe it was just wishful thinking, trying to justify to myself buying both [Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro & Sennheiser MTW1]! :)

OK, I did it! :)

Had already bought the L2p for $107AUD ($80USD), and an even cheaper deal came up on the MTW1 for $100AUD ($75USD), so bought them too! :)

Was tempted to buy the XB700 ($120AUD/90USD) and Jabra 65t ($100AUD/75USD) as well, lol. I almost ended up with 4 new pairs of TWS that I don't even need! :)

Dec 11, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #27,668 of 62,151
New RHA ANC arrived earlier in the week. Sadly they are now broken, the left bud has packed up completely and has no sound. The app is garbage too. Its a disappointing product from RHA. When they did work, i had a lot of stuttering and had to disconnect and reconnect to resolve it, this evening I go to use them and although they pair, the left bud has no music but oddly still has the inbuilt prompts audible. Anyway, I'd avoid. Seems like a rushed out product, I'm majorly disappointed it was an early Christmas present to myself @RHA Team

Only positive i can say is they're comfortable to wear

Sorry to hear that, glad I didn't bite on their pre-order offer, I knew something was up with 0 reviews out there. To be fair their wired stuff is very decent, they just haven't made the right transition to wireless yet with the right product. I was right there from the start with the wireless 750 but they were no good and had to return, same thing with the true connect.

Dec 11, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #27,669 of 62,151
OK, I did it! :)

Had already bought the L2p for $107AUD ($80USD), and an even cheaper deal came up on the MTW1 for $100AUD ($75USD), so bought them too! :)

Was tempted to buy the XB700 ($120AUD/90USD) and Jabra 65t ($100AUD/75USD) as well, lol. I almost ended up with 4 new pairs of TWS that I don't even need! :)
LOL if you had bought the XB700 we would have a similar collection :). Having bought it I can say the other 2 will outperform it for voice calls, over all performance except for battery life which will go L2P, XB700, MTW (distant distant third). Signature wise the L2P are the bassist, MTW warm and expansive, XB700 surprisingly most balanced of the three for the most part.

My MTW had all the classic battery, case/hinge issues and no longer hold a charge (think its a case issue) so I can't even do quick AB testing anymore.

The Anker has the best case out of all my IEMs it plasticky and basic but well designed in my opinion with great battery technology and design.

I love my new AZ70 for its sound and over functionality but wish it could have learned from the Anker case design...

Dec 11, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #27,672 of 62,151
That's the site i purchased my N10P from on release date. they are fantastic with their shipping speed and support. Even sent me those memory foam eartips for free also updated me regarding upcoming firmware updates etc... They are based in Australia and only ship to Australia and Newzealand. Their price is in AUD and when i made the purchase the conversion rate isn't that much expensive then Nuarl Japanese release price of 25,000YEN. i bought my Bose QC for $399AUD so $330AUD is much cheaper than the Bose QC and definitely worth it for me as i don't use ANC that much those days.

Awesome, thanks! I didn't spot the AUS $ haha. Reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer had the Japanese businessmen visiting and they had like 100,000 yen with them and didn't realize that it was only a few dollars or something american and they had to sleep in his dresser drawers

Dec 11, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #27,673 of 62,151
Awesome, thanks! I didn't spot the AUS $ haha.

It's odd for an Australian business to have a .com domain (instead of .com.au) and to list in AUD without specifying that clearly. Especially when they aren't really targeting an international market (if they only ship to AU and NZ - which again makes it odd not to specify it's AUD).

Would never have known it was an Aussie site, aside from the address almost hidden in the corner!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #27,674 of 62,151
Has anyone else had trouble with the left earbud of the 1More ANC not connecting? It has a red or blue light that doesn't change.

Also find it annoying I can't tweak ANC settings when using a single bud. I'd at least want to use ambient hear-through in these situations without having to go into their cumbersome app. Not only does the app take long to connect to the earbuds (and sometimes fails when music is playing), but my phone also keeps telling me it's draining battery. Finally, it seems you cannot disable auto-pause, only enable auto-pause and resume. I've had some situations where auto-pause is triggered accidentally.

Dec 12, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #27,675 of 62,151

Users who are viewing this thread

Back