Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 7, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #27,631 of 62,452
I sent them an email, hopefully they will answer back soon. That sure would be cool to get a new pair!
I didn't even bother calling or emailing them...I just created a ticket through the service portal, mailed them in following the instructions and hoped for the best.

https://service.sennheiserusa.com/

I uploaded.a copy of my receipt to their portal but I just read the invoice and it said their portal was down so they couldn't confirm warranty but honored it anyway (I bought mine 15 months ago so it was still under warranty). I guess I got lucky. In retrospect, I probably should have included the receipt in the box to be safe. When you go to submit a request in that portal, there is an option for the True Wireless Case. I sent them the case and the earbuds just in case (figured they would need both to confirm I actually owned the earbuds and not just a broken case). Good luck.

Btw I charged them up and realized I missed the MTWs and still think they are great.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #27,632 of 62,452
Have you sent the AZ70 back yet? If not they just released a new update for the IEM and it changes the sound quite a bit I think. Can you apply the update and give your new impressions before you send them back?

I went through each of the songs after firmware update on Technics AZ70. The tough part is that I have no way to A/B test with & without update. I can only go by my recollection of pre-update to the best of my abilities without knowing what was changed & what wasn’t.

Carmina Burina (o fortuna) - Bass is still not as powerful as cx400bt. Soundstage is still lacking.

Next up "Concerning Hobbits" - Mids are probably about the same. Highs are still awesome - I can't really tell with this song if they were toned down. I do prefer the Senns for highs because they are bit more detailed & rich.
For vocals going high - I listened to Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing'. Very clear highs without distortion. There is no way you would not enjoy this AZ70's sound signature - it's fun and clear. Senns are just a tiny bit better.

Heart of Courage - AZ70 still missing that 'oomph' that Senns have in the bass region. Highs are nice. Soundstage still not quite like the Senns. Great detail - you can hear all of the instruments and differentiate them individually in Heart of Courage & O fortuna. Sennheiser has a minor advantage in details though - it's definitely noticeable if you do A/B testing.

'Clarity' by Zedd - Soundstage is still bit lacking relative to Senns. It is most observable when the music opens up in stretches. Vocals are clear. Highs might be bit tweaked here - I think you might be right, they may have toned it down a bit. I didn't think they needed to tbh. If they did, they probably did it to make bass stand out a bit, which might be a smart calculated change (I'm guessing without knowing for certain).

Beethoven’s Fur Elise - All piano. I would say it’s lots of mids, maybe with some highs. I felt it sounded just as good as before. I don’t know if frequency changed between updates. If update softened up treble frequencies a bit, it’s difficult to tell with 100% certainty without doing A/B testing.

Ran through 'Chariots of Fire' theme song and 'Conquest of Paradise' both by Vangelis. I don't have enough knowledge about music, but I can tell you the two songs have very different tones and pitches. Chariots of Fire is a musical with open style tone, which is good for soundstage test. I find it sounding good, certainly good enough for anyone, but Senns just have better stage depth tbh (sounds more open like being in an auditorium & more "spacey"). Conquest of Paradise is very different - it's bass deep vocals but with some background violins/other instruments that go high in notes & piano mids. Bass, well you know my thoughts on AZ70s bass strength by now :stuck_out_tongue:

Sennheiser cx400bt just has better overall sound. Technics AZ70 is close behind and good enough for anyone, but Senns have a slight advantage (significant advantage in lows & soundstage imo but the rest is close enough that it doesn’t matter all that much unless if you are stubbornly audiophilic). This is my first experience with earbuds so unfortunately I can’t compare it to anything else. I mean I have the HD600 and DT880 to compare to, but that’s not a very fair comparison to make, is it? :dt880smile:

Dec 8, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #27,633 of 62,452
Thanks for taking the time to check. Like you I can't really AB test so don't know if what I hear is really different or just my imagination. To me the bass a bit bigger and the signature was warmer in nature.

Glad you found the one like though :)

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #27,634 of 62,452
Are the Mpow X5, the Tozo NC9, and the Taotronics SoundLiberty 94 (and probably a few other brands) basically the exact same earphones, rebranded with minor cosmetic (and button function) differences? In other words, should the sound, the battery life, the connectivity, and the ANC be identical? Or have people noticed actual differences between them?
Not sure about the MPOW but various reviewers have stated the the NC9 and SoundLiberty 94 sound different - the NC9 is brighter with clearer mids, while the SoundLiberty are darker. CEONTHEMAKING said the NC9s sound and fit his ears better than the X5/TaoTronics, probably because it has slightly longer nozzles. He also stated the ANC is the same between them but El Jefe said the Tozos have better ANC than the TaoTronics. I think this might be down to their fit and tuning. I have the TaoTronics and find the ANC a tad underwhelming. It blocks out low frequencies well but it doesn't do much to higher frequencies which stand out more as a result (such as the screeching of a train or announcements). TaoTronics claims to have Bluetooth 5.1 but I'm not sure how much this makes a difference (I only have BT5.0 devices). I'm a bit disappointed by the connectivity as I get more dropouts than my Galaxy Buds+ when my hand is near the phone's Bluetooth antenna. I'm curious about the case battery life of the other ones, if I'm using ANC, I find my SL94 case drains too quickly (~10 hours) and have to charge by 1.5 days. The earbuds won't power off once the case is depleted.

Dec 8, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #27,635 of 62,452
Holy crap! Has hell frozen over?? Soul makes a model and doesn't leave out rewind and volume control??
1607453192116.png

Some might be interested in this one. S-Nano is quite the little thing which some certainly want and it does have ambient...
1607453311863.png
1607453459382.png

https://soulnation.com/products/s-nano

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #27,636 of 62,452
Holy crap! Has hell frozen over?? Soul makes a model and doesn't leave out rewind and volume control??
1607453192116.png
Some might be interested in this one. S-Nano is quite the little thing which some certainly want and it does have ambient...
1607453311863.png1607453459382.png
https://soulnation.com/products/s-nano

Those look nice. Wish it had QI wireless charging.

Dec 8, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #27,637 of 62,452
I have enough budget for
soundpeats H1;
Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
or Sony WF-1000XM3 (good price in HK, much cheaper than bose)
(these 3 with review of good sound, open to other choice)

My main concern is connection and sound quality/signature; which one will be close to what i like ibasso IT03, Sony N3Ap or RHA T20?

ANC maybe not really a main concern, just a bonus.
review of Soundpeats sound is so good and with BT5.2;
but sony and bose sound seems also very good (even not considering ANC), big brand...
Sorry, confused.................
I'd totally go with the Bose. I have the Sony's and other than the ANC, I hate them. I love the Nuarl N6P's however no ANC. Still haven't found anywhere to buy the N10's

Dec 8, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #27,638 of 62,452
Hey guys, I really need you help. I need good sound with very best ANC. I use AirPods daily use and calls but for flights ( ok, there are not much nowadays but let’s hope for near future) I need a good one. Bose’s earbuds seems interesting but I have no idea at all.
The Bose buds have great noise canceling and superb sound! I love mine and don't listen much to my beloved Nuarl N6P's or even my JH Lola's just because of that great noise canceling

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #27,642 of 62,452
The falcoln 2 look good on paper, also like to know some sound impressions. Tried the Bose recently and didn't like them, much prefer the XM3 to them sound wise. This is a hard game to play, everyone has different needs and different ears lol. The only real way of knowing whether something is right for you is unfortunately, trying them for yourself.

Dec 8, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #27,643 of 62,452
Anyone here tried the noble falcon 2 and hifiman tws 800? Are they worth their asking price?

Hifiman not worth the asking price and the first one was $249 and now goes for $69 so why buy at $299. Falcon 2 impressions are good but there is a Falcon Pro coming so it will be the lower model soon. If you are curious about the TWS800 at $299 the Falcon Pro is gonna be around $250 but adds dual Knowles armatures, new tips and a new three layer diaphragm with titanium coating. Plus a crossover since it is a hybrid now and Wizard continuing to work on the tuning. Just not out yet though.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #27,644 of 62,452
Does the Bose app have equalizer?
I don't think there is an equalizer capability in the app. This will probably sound idiotic but I'm glad that it doesn't. I spent hours fiddling around with EQ settings for my Sony XM3 and I love that the Bose sound perfect to my ears without having to monkey around with settings.

To qualify this, I don't listen to a lot of heavy bass stuff. Mostly classical and opera, female vocals, instrumental guitar, pink floyd, electronic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back