Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 26, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #27,406 of 62,423
Ek Jeffe did a review

not gonna watch .. can't buy anything anyways ... sucks ...

Well, instead of chasing new stuff I am re-learning to appreciate all the audio gizmos I already own ... just realizing that my first more serious DAP, the Fiio X3ii is not already 5 years old and still going strong!

That's what I'm trying to do is just enjoy what I have at this moment. I have a FiiO X5iii that I should charge up and pull out the CIEMs this long weekend. Im just always using the TWs (mainly Jabra 75/85) for convenience.

Nov 26, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #27,407 of 62,423
So which one do you think is better in terms of sound quality and latency (apart from comfort)?

Creative Aurvana Trio Wireless (neckband) [SPECS] - up to 20 hours playtime. but I feel it won't be comfortable for the bed
Bower & Wilkins PI4 (neckband) [SPECS]- according to the manual, supports SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD and Adaptive, but not LL (so I'm not sure if it's suitable for TV)
Soundpeats H1
Soundpeats Sonic

On the other hand, what are the differences between the H1 and Sonic?

Thank you very much for your help, indeed.

I do not have the Sonics or H1 yet.

I have not got the Creatives but have eyed them up but ideally I like Wings and do not like controls on my neck as hard to use esp with a hood up in rain or even a winter jacket collar.

I did have the P14's but they hurt my ear to get good seal which was a very good seal (I have large canals), as they are flange type buds like Bose use), the actual quality is good as a single Full Range 14mm speaker.

They are plagued with issues even after FW updates (read on Amazon and reviews) so I returned them.

You can plug them in via USB and they act like a 24/96 DAC (many brands cannot seem to get past Window limit of 16/44 doing so).

Nov 26, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #27,408 of 62,423
That's what I'm trying to do is just enjoy what I have at this moment. I have a FiiO X5iii that I should charge up and pull out the CIEMs this long weekend. Im just always using the TWs (mainly Jabra 75/85) for convenience.
paired my fiio with the fiio Q1ii amp and use the balanced out for my Hifiman HE400 ... only caveat is that in my surroundings there's always some kind of noise I can hear when I listen to music on open backs ... this is why I like ANC so much and my Bose QC35 are my daily main drivers

Nov 26, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #27,409 of 62,423
Thanks for the heads-up! I wonder how these sound compared to the Technics or the Sennheiser Momentum. I am looking for a new pair (coming from the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro) and don't care about ANC and feel like I am paying for that with some of the more expensive ones. At $100 on sale,, these could fit the bill.

Any thoughts?
I cant speak on the Klipsh but I can talk to the technics AZ70, the sound pro 2, and the original MTW.

First off I agree with not needing ANC but since the AZ70 has it I have to admit while I don't need it I really do appreciate having it. I like having ambient mode as well and almost find that one a more compelling feature at times.

Sonically speaking the AZ70 is super detailed and clean sounding and in my opinion heads and shoulders above the L2P and MTW. The L2P has a much bigger bass presence though so if you like that then the AZ70 might not be your cup of tea whereas the Klipsch might be, if they are anything like past Klipsch products I have owned. The MTW on the hand is a warmer signature but is less detailed.

Comfort wise I find the AZ70 very similar to the MTW but I have read the MTW2 is slightly smaller so might have a slight advantage in that regard. The L2P for is also very comfortable but in an obviously different form factor.

I prefer the physical buttons of the L2P over both AZ70 and MTW but can manage the touch panels so can live with the difference.

I have read people find the AZ70 a bit loose and I have to admit I notice they are bit loose feeling. BUT I did a head shake test with them in and they never came out of my ears so I am comfortable using them for the level of excercising I do.

for phone calls, I really like the L2P and had good experience with the MTW from memory. The AZ70 also seem OK but I have only done 1 call in only a lightly noising environment so the verdict is still out on that model. In comparison the WF-XB700 are horrible in noisy environments as people on the receiving end always complain about the background noise.

Take a hard look at those Klipsch if they are sale for a good price though, and read reviews and hopefully find one where the reviewer is also familiar with the L2P or likes the kind of music as you do and see if you can guage how they would be in comparison.

If your in Canada, the AZ70 is on sale for 199CAD which is about $150US so at that price the added ANC might just be some added gravy and their audiophile like sound quality make them a compelling TW in my opinion.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #27,410 of 62,423
I have enough budget for
soundpeats H1;
Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
or Sony WF-1000XM3 (good price in HK, much cheaper than bose)
(these 3 with review of good sound, open to other choice)

My main concern is connection and sound quality/signature; which one will be close to what i like ibasso IT03, Sony N3Ap or RHA T20?

ANC maybe not really a main concern, just a bonus.
review of Soundpeats sound is so good and with BT5.2;
but sony and bose sound seems also very good (even not considering ANC), big brand...
Sorry, confused.................
i kinda love the Sony (can;t say anything about the other 2) but somehow I keep having minor connection issues with them, but I sense that might be an isolated case with my set (which I got from amazon warehouse) ... if you have a chance to test and possibly return, I warmly recommend the sony ... fit might be a different topic as ears vary ...

Nov 26, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #27,411 of 62,423
I did have the P14's but they hurt my ear to get good seal which was a very good seal (I have large canals), as they are flange type buds like Bose use), the actual quality is good as a single Full Range 14mm speaker
Is this neckband comfortable for the bed? Did you test it by watching TV/movies?

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #27,415 of 62,423
Hi,
I'm about to pull the trigger on the SONY WF-SP800N. I want a TWS earphones with great comfort and decent (+) sound.
What do you think about this model?
Any other suggestion I should consider for sport?
It seems that Sony, Jabra, Soundcore and Jbud are nailing it in the TWS Sport arena.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #27,416 of 62,423
Hi,
I'm about to pull the trigger on the SONY WF-SP800N. I want a TWS earphones with great comfort and decent (+) sound.
It seems that Sony, Jabra, Soundcore and Jbud are nailing it in the TWS Sport arena.
Not a bad choice. They do everything well and are very comfortable. Good sound. ANC. App support. Good all rounder assuming they are on sale. Might consider the Jabra at that price point as well if you want ANC.

Nov 26, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #27,417 of 62,423
Not a bad choice. They do everything well and are very comfortable. Good sound. ANC. App support. Good all rounder assuming they are on sale. Might consider the Jabra at that price point as well if you want ANC.
I actually don't care about ANC. I run at city center area and want to connected somehow to the area surround me. I read about hiss problems in some Jabra models.
Since the Jabra and Sony are in the same league and I can't listen and try them before I prefer the Sony. Here in Israel you CANT return headphones/earphones, and there are great deals locally on the Sony and Jabra models.
Most important thing is comfort, than sound. good app should be obvious.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #27,418 of 62,423
I actually don't care about ANC. I run at city center area and want to connected somehow to the area surround me. I read about hiss problems in some Jabra models.
Since the Jabra and Sony are in the same league and I can't listen and try them before I prefer the Sony. Here in Israel you CANT return headphones/earphones, and there are great deals locally on the Sony and Jabra models.
Most important thing is comfort, than sound. good app should be obvious.
I think you will be happy with them. Let us know what you think.

Nov 26, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #27,420 of 62,423
Hi,
I am really liking the Technics AZ70, great ANC, comfortable, decent APP. They are probably going to be a more balanced sounding IEM compared to the SP800N if my Sony IEMs and Headphones are any indication so you will have to decide on that but the over all detail retrieval of the AZ70 is very high compared to my Sony iems having more balanced mids and a bit more sparkle in the treble region.

I love my Sony products but if you can get the AZ70 on sale I think you need to look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back