Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 24, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #26,838 of 62,387
1603540501005.png

1603541338420.png

Back to improve on the first try, Noble Falcon 2 is set to take flight with connection, sound quality, and usability improvement. Qualcomm 3040, BT5.2 with SBC,AAC, aptX Adaptive, true wireless mirroring, "external sound capture", IPX7, 10 hours battery at 70% volume, Qi charging, and have ePro horn shape tips installed. App will have high/low gain control and 10 band EQ and customization features. Price approx. $130-$140.

Oct 24, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #26,839 of 62,387
Appart from the touch control issue, it looks similar to my early observation of the TWSNB2.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/post-15927698
Yep, looks like we were equally unimpressed. Too bad, because I think the actual design of them is pretty cool looking.

I'm out and about and back doing the world travel thing, so no more TWS orders for me unless I'm in one place long enough and confident enough in my choice to AliExpress something. Maybe pick up the FIIL T1 Pro at some point and then gift my T1 XS to my friend I'm traveling with if she wants them.

Oct 24, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #26,840 of 62,387
I updated mine which is v1 and I really don't like it so far. The previous version had more sparkle in the highs while have great bass and mids. Now, it still has great bass and mids but lost it's highs that I enjoyed. Is there a way to revert? Or I may have to mess with the eq a bit more.
Curious if you found a fix for this, but that sparkle in the highs is what sets the MTW1 apart from the MTW2 for me. i haven't updated my MTW1 on purpose since i got the MTW2, because i wondered if i'd lose that sound. Seeing this post confirms what i suspected. oh also, haven't enabled sound tuning for MTW2 yet, but as is now, the soundstage of MTW1 is also better to my ears. But after the update a couple months ago, can't remember the version, the ANC of the MTW2 was improved significantly.

Oct 24, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #26,841 of 62,387
Curious if you found a fix for this, but that sparkle in the highs is what sets the MTW1 apart from the MTW2 for me. i haven't updated my MTW1 on purpose since i got the MTW2, because i wondered if i'd lose that sound. Seeing this post confirms what i suspected. oh also, haven't enabled sound tuning for MTW2 yet, but as is now, the soundstage of MTW1 is also better to my ears. But after the update a couple months ago, can't remember the version, the ANC of the MTW2 was improved significantly.
Nothing yet, but I haven't tried or listened to them since that day. Might be a bit longer as I'm picking up my 85ts today and will be jammin with those for awhile!😁

Oct 24, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #26,842 of 62,387
Nothing yet, but I haven't tried or listened to them since that day. Might be a bit longer as I'm picking up my 85ts today and will be jammin with those for awhile!😁

I have found using Xelastec or JVC Spiral Dot tips helps bringing out the highs from MTW2.

Oct 24, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #26,844 of 62,387
I think 85Ts ANC is on pair Bose QCs. Not better though. Passive isolation is better for sure, especially with spin fit tips I am using.
I had no complains from people to whom I called with ether one.

Oct 24, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #26,847 of 62,387
Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but Status Audio is about to launch a TWS through Indiegogo. It is a three driver design (1 dynamic, 2 balanced armature). Early bird pricing is $99, and a limited number will be available for $79.
More info here:
https://www.status.co/pages/between-lp2-alt
Wow...that's a "bold" design. It looks uncomfortable. :triportsad:

Oct 24, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #26,848 of 62,387
Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but Status Audio is about to launch a TWS through Indiegogo. It is a three driver design (1 dynamic, 2 balanced armature). Early bird pricing is $99, and a limited number will be available for $79.
More info here:
https://www.status.co/pages/between-lp2-alt

Could be good but stop with the marketing BS. Quite a few triple driver and even KZ had more drivers in some models so the "first" is just not true. Not that "advanced" either. Hopefully they perform well and sound good enough that we say they are a good deal and a player at the price tag. Normal Joe's browsing Indiegogo might be impressed but here people already have a nice list of things this doesn't or can't do.

Oct 24, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #26,849 of 62,387
I recieved an email from Status as well. These are tempting because I like my Status Transfer and the $79 early bird price is pretty darn good. But unless it has a very good tuning the 3 driver feature is not a first and none of the other features are particularly ground breaking. The shape is different but I suspect they will be comfortable.

Oct 24, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #26,850 of 62,387
I think 85Ts ANC is on pair Bose QCs. Not better though. Passive isolation is better for sure, especially with spin fit tips I am using.
I had no complains from people to whom I called with ether one.
You use Spinfits on the 85ts? I still using the oval ones that came just to give a valid try. When I first put them in I thought they where gonna fall out but I shook my head good like Flossy and they stayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back