Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 21, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #26,746 of 62,686
Looks like El Jefe has uploaded a video on the Jabra 75t with the new firmware update to enable ANC:

Sounds good, he puts them just below the XM3s and above the MTW2s. Not sure what to make of that though because the XM3s only deliver good ANC when you ram them deep in your ears which disqualifies them for any prolonged use. It's too bad he doesn't have access to the Amazon Echo Buds or the Bose QCs for further comparisons. To me the passive+ANR combo of the Echo Buds remains the best isolation you can get for TWEs and very much on par with the QC25s I also have, so a bit blelow the XM3 headphones I tried in a store at length.
Still if some refurb 75Ts pop up on Amazon at a good price I might give them a shot, I quite liked the 65Ts back in the day :wink:

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #26,747 of 62,686
I’d piggy back on this to say the Tevi’s have too much upper mids, definitely more narrow sound width, but better sub bass rumble. But the N6 sound so clean.

It’s a shame neither of them have decent EQ or they would be impossible to beat. I still need to try the N400 though.

I tried the AKG N400 and was excited by them, and the sound was pretty good. But they lack the extension, and for me (maybe faulty pair), the sound would decompose and start to sound very digital/packet lossy - leading to peaky highs and the 'blown sub' sound in bass. I was not turning them all of the way. It would go away for a bit if I switched sources (phone, or app on phone) but then it would crop up again. They just fundamentally couldn't deliver on the tracks I have that really push both the low end and need resolution on the high end (not simultaneously). They did great with acoustic guitar etc. I went from considering keeping them to sending them back as fast as I could in a short period of time (THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!)

ANC was meh, but not an important feature for me. Calls were bad.

My main phones were a BBKey2 and an iPhone Xr at the time. I would steer clear of the AKG N400, personally, and I'm a little surprised at the love they get here - but I know my music tastes may have not been a good fit for them. N6 will take anything I throw at them, even low bitrate Soundcloud bs, and give me an enjoyable experience.

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #26,748 of 62,686
I doubt better than the Tevi. Looking forward to a comparison!

I have already auditioned the N6 Pro a few months after its release. But I already have the Tevi at that time and the price of the N6 Pro (as comparared to Tevi) wasn't helping either.

I auditioned the N6 Pro with a bunch of other TWS - but I remember still going back to the N6 Pro. I'll be picking up the N6 Pro on Saturday, very happy to relive why I liked them in the 1st place and compare it with the Tevi's again.

I know I posted my impressions here when I had my TWS audition but too lazy to find it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #26,749 of 62,686
Just an FYI for the Wavelet users.

The EQ in the app works in sections or steps, and the end of each section/step is the number marked. It is not centered on the number.

So 0-75hz is under '75', 75-150hz is 150, 150-300hz is '300' and so on. IE: if you lower '4.8k' you are lowering from 2.4khz to 4.8khz.

Oct 21, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #26,751 of 62,686
I have already auditioned the N6 Pro a few months after its release. But I already have the Tevi at that time and the price of the N6 Pro (as comparared to Tevi) wasn't helping either.

I auditioned the N6 Pro with a bunch of other TWS - but I remember still going back to the N6 Pro. I'll be picking up the N6 Pro on Saturday, very happy to relive why I liked them in the 1st place and compare it with the Tevi's again.

I know I posted my impressions here when I had my TWS audition but too lazy to find it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I owned all three, the N6, N6pro and the Tevi. Sound quality wise I liked the N6 the best at the time. With some of the mid-bass EQ'd out the N6 can sound very close to the N6pro but less detailed in the highs. I didn't A/B the Tevi's with them but I had the old version at the time. I now have the new version of the Tevi, which in my opinion is much improved. Unfortunately I didn't get the ios app in time, so I can't EQ it. The Tevi is great and it's not bulky like the N6/N6pro, it's also quite cheaper and from what i remember the Nuarls have a darker sound, still excellent but the Tevis highs are better, the N6pro can really bite. I woudn't say the Tevi sounds as detailed as the N6 pro, but they are more similar to each other than the N6. I really loved the Nuarls but couldn't justify the cost and I didn't like fit or bulkiness. Neither the Tevi and N6 pro have as much bass as I'd like, the N6 pro even less and the Tevis mids are good but not as good as the Nuarls. That's just my two cents. Also the stock tips the Nuarls come with really flatten the sound of the mids on any ear bud i've tried.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #26,752 of 62,686
I updated my Jabra 75t's to ANC last night. The upgrade took a while (when they say 15 minutes they mean it). I can detect the ANC is there, but it's hard to tell exactly how effective it is while at home at 6am :wink:
I had to go through the setup and customize the ANC. I was surpirsed to learn that having it all the way up in the center was not the best for my ears. I'd play around with it.

Oct 21, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #26,753 of 62,686
Sounds good, he puts them just below the XM3s and above the MTW2s. Not sure what to make of that though because the XM3s only deliver good ANC when you ram them deep in your ears which disqualifies them for any prolonged use. It's too bad he doesn't have access to the Amazon Echo Buds or the Bose QCs for further comparisons. To me the passive+ANR combo of the Echo Buds remains the best isolation you can get for TWEs and very much on par with the QC25s I also have, so a bit blelow the XM3 headphones I tried in a store at length.
Still if some refurb 75Ts pop up on Amazon at a good price I might give them a shot, I quite liked the 65Ts back in the day :wink:
So far, The 75t's ANC is better than the Echo Buds and the XM3's. I'm really surprised, I wasn't' expecting much.

Oct 21, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #26,755 of 62,686
I'm totally aware of that design flaw. But I did expect at least any change. Otherwise I don't understand, why they're offering ANC at all.

I don't think it is a design flaw but they just might not be a good fit for you. I always assumed these were meant to allow you to hear your surroundings which is what the word "Live" indicated to me.

I get a noticeable difference when I toggle ANC on and off and, even if they didn't fit you well, I would expect some difference or change when you toggle it on and off. I should note that I also surprisingly get a decent seal when I put them in my ears and actually adjust them after putting them in so they don't completely block my ears (otherwise there is too much bass for my taste).

It is possible that I am also more sensitive to ANC...ANC always gives me a headache from the "pressure" or whatever that feeling is and I get a small sense of that even from these.

Oct 21, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #26,756 of 62,686
I got it last night. i'm please to say the ANC works really well, it's very close to as good as the APP. They also fixed the imbalance issues when removing one bud. Very impressed with Jabra.
Wow, didn't expect that. Good to know.

Oct 21, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #26,757 of 62,686
DSC05713.jpg

Got some tips to try with my Galaxy Buds+.
From left to right: Comply True Wireless, Azla Xelastec for AirPods Pro, Menthon TW30 Pro.

Xelastec: Fits on easily, the sticky surface makes them a bit awkward to put on but they stay in well once on. No significant change to sound.
Comply: Very difficult to put on, obviously wasn't designed for the Buds. Performs like what you'd expect out of Comply tips: Good isolation, comfortable, rolled off upper frequencies.
Menthon TW30: Performs on par with the Comply (in isolation, comfort and expansion time), while being half the price. Also doesn't roll off as much as the Comply.

Oct 21, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #26,758 of 62,686
I got it last night. i'm please to say the ANC works really well, it's very close to as good as the APP. They also fixed the imbalance issues when removing one bud. Very impressed with Jabra.

Wow, that is great to hear. I'm looking at buying the 85T when they come out. If the 75T are so good the 85t should be a lot better with the ANC chip.

Oct 21, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #26,759 of 62,686
So this was a surprise. Just got a hold of a pair of Jabra Elite 85t at Best Buy! Did not realize they were out yet, but I guess I got in early? Anyway, I’ll be providing impressions soon.

Attachments

• 483FFDB7-29D3-43CE-B3D2-12FD878A231A.jpeg
    483FFDB7-29D3-43CE-B3D2-12FD878A231A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back