Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 16, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #26,596 of 62,387
...Are they worth the money? Honestly, having in my hands the Kinera YH623 for $55, I see no reason to buy Whizzer B6, although they have a better microphone and in some ways better sound, but in some ways worse. And of course, do not forget about the fit in the ear canal. If the YH623 fit perfectly in my ears, then I could hardly hold the B6 in my ear properly.
Nevertheless, the headphones turned out to be good and decent. It remains to wait for sales and discounts to buy them cheaper, and then they will fully justify their cost.

Thanks to all!
Where do you find the Kinera YH623 for $55?, I see $69.99 on Amazon and $62.99 on Hifigo for the Blue pair, Hifigo has the "Pink" / Flesh tone for $45.99:
https://hifigo.com/products/kinera-yh623-truly-anc-wireless-bluetooth-earbuds?variant=31134916345905

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #26,597 of 62,387
Where do you find the Kinera YH623 for $55?, I see $69 on Amazon and $62 on Hifigo for the Blue pair, Hifigo has the "Pink" / Flesh tone for $45.99:
https://hifigo.com/products/kinera-yh623-truly-anc-wireless-bluetooth-earbuds?variant=31134916345905

Thanks for the nice review, I've been looking for another set of TWS's and forgot about these after they released...
I bought them on Aliexpress from the seller AK Audio store. Before buying, I wrote to several sellers about the discount on these headphones. AK audio answered first and offered $ 55 for them :wink: try to talk to all the sellers on Ali about discounts on this model, and you can always bargain on the basis that the model is not new and now for the same money there are other more interesting headphones, and that Kinera with a start of their kickstarter company selled this model for a $55 :wink:

Oct 16, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #26,599 of 62,387
Anyone here has heard lypertek tevi? Purely for sound? & also fit & how to get best fit/isolation for running? Like are foam tips best or silicon?

Those have been discussed quite a bit here. If you do a search in this thread for Tevi at the top of the page you might find some helpful impressions (I have not heard them myself).

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #26,600 of 62,387
Maybe a stupid question, but;
Can a TWS/BT headset sound better on the new iPhone 12 Pro vs my 3 year old iPhone X?
Not a stupid question, but No. Still BT 5.0. I would of thought apple would of moved to BT 5.1,5.2 whatever the newer standard is, but @SenorChang8 is right, the new antenna in design in the 12 will have allow for much better connection.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #26,601 of 62,387
The bottle neck is the AAC codec. However the BT signal should be better than the X.

Apple’s refusal to improve upon AAC is making me seriously consider switching to Android for the first time.
The X actually has a better Qualcomm chipset than the Intel in the the XS and 11. I'm not sure if the BT is better but the Cellular Antenna is much better. Intel S$%T the bed, so Apple moved back to Qualcomm for the Iphone 12 and AFAIK intel is not making mobile 5g cellular antenna chipsets yet.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #26,602 of 62,387
Anyone here has heard lypertek tevi? Purely for sound? & also fit & how to get best fit/isolation for running? Like are foam tips best or silicon?

The Tevi's are a superb TWS. They have a good degree of water resistance, have excellent battery life and, most importantly, sound utterly wonderful. I would not hesitate in recommending them.

Strangely I'm normally a silicon user but with the Tevi's I'm using their supplied sticky foamies - excellent fit but not sure when I'm going to find replacements when the time comes.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #26,603 of 62,387
The Tevi's are a superb TWS. They have a good degree of water resistance, have excellent battery life and, most importantly, sound utterly superb. I would not hesitate in recommending them.
Only issues with the Tevi are
1. No iOS app (android app is not in the store but can be downloaded off dropbox)
2. Buttons can be annoying compared to touch (subjective)

Oct 16, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #26,604 of 62,387
Only issues with the Tevi are
1. No iOS app (android app is not in the store but can be downloaded off dropbox)
2. Buttons can be annoying compared to touch (subjective)
I listened to my Tevis yesterday for the first to in awhile and still love the sound! I agree with the buttons, I wish they where a lot easier to push in like the Powetbeats Pro. I always use my phone to change volume/songs so I don't push them in my ear.

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #26,605 of 62,387
FIIL responded to me about the USB-C issue, claiming it’s by design because USB-C to USB-C is only meant for high current devices and can damage the battery, which is misleading at absolute best, and frankly a lie if we’re gonna call a spade a spade. Any properly designed device should be able to regulate how much current it draws - as proven by countless other USB-C devices with small batteries that support C-to-C charging and negotiate and appropriate current and voltage.

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #26,606 of 62,387
Just read bartig / scarbir's review of the oppo enc w51. Anyone else try these?

Oct 17, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #26,607 of 62,387
Has anybody had issues with the apollo bold not charging? If I use the headphones for a while and then put them in the (fully charged) case, and leave them in overnight, even with the case closed, sometimes I'll take them out and will see that they're still below 10%. This is a dealbreaker and I'm wondering if there's something wrong with them so I can send them back for a replacement. I'm using the included eartips, medium size.
Somewhere in the past posts is a picture of how I padded the lid with some random paper I had (still not upgraded to some nicer foam, since it works nicely 'as is') and that fixed the issue ... no charging problems since then, they just need a bit of extra pressure onto the contacts

Oct 17, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #26,608 of 62,387
Hi all! Today I would like to make a mini-review on the interesting True wireless headphones Whizzer B6, shaped like beans.
Let's get started!

CL0Qy0LusoLt6dZGq0kBLjJ6qXl4OFtn12qHqHF7h8x6HWgWV0nb0UmmEfKgyx3wTrCxkM0kXbz_B8V53cbAazHmTS9SvTz4FaiOBQojLQRRYiZkHaUyxaMLEsiYgiTZ5KrnR7U2

The package contents are standard: the headphones themselves, a case for the headphones, a charging cable and 3 pairs of nozzles of different sizes.
The headphones work according to the Bluetooth 5.0 standard and have the QCC3020 module. Supports AAC, SBC, AptX codecs. The claimed operating time in listening to music on a single charge is 6-8 hours, talk time is 8 hours, a case for 1000 mAh or 2-3 headphone charges. They have wireless charging function, waterproof according to the IPX7 standard, work up to 10 meters from the signal source, and have touch control. A dynamic emitter with a graphene membrane.

From myself, I can say that the quality of the microphone is average, the quality of signal reception is good and did not cause any problems.
And what’s with the sound?

l1PNqsMXpkr9Wxbwv52Y_ASuwiaSEfVxBA05ddhdpiFs6wEZNc6y6SreeuDnDcVycMcxkc0vFm1V8zxzGDTKHx_esY5PEJ0xD5gLqywrY5Z-4OE1wI9T3Bn0e8gVjHLoVswaiv2Q

Low frequencies have plenty of sub-bass and mid-bass. There are really a lot of low frequencies, some electronic music sometimes even difficult to listen to, but overall it is very pleasant.

The mids are really good for Bluetooth headphones, but average quality compared to wired headphones. The low-mid frequencies are accentuated, the instruments are large and heavy, the distortion guitars growl pleasantly. The upper mids are smoothly raised, and therefore make it possible to hear more details and interesting play of vocal parts, but not annoying at all.

The high frequencies are greatly reduced and pushed back.

The scene is of course average, but the depth is slightly more than average and makes it possible to relatively accurately understand the location of the musicians.

In general, the sound is very similar to the Ibasso IT01 with less High frequencies. Or, if someone will understand it this way, they have the frequency response of the Harman Target, but with much more sub-bass and an average amount of mid-bass.
The headphones are clearly not bad and you can find them on this site.

oGTwf2ZAvxzC33rurYeMlys0sFVkoWqYWR4V1-ExHsZj-f32h-8giqH7Sk7uhXPJ84jTIwV8augSwiNQVqIL00sN4K9KJOZ5mc5OLlEgGw2W1aNdNFiSb1JTFpT00ug8jGM_I3oz

Are they worth the money? Honestly, having in my hands the Kinera YH623 for $55, I see no reason to buy Whizzer B6, although they have a better microphone and in some ways better sound, but in some ways worse. And of course, do not forget about the fit in the ear canal. If the YH623 fit perfectly in my ears, then I could hardly hold the B6 in my ear properly.
Nevertheless, the headphones turned out to be good and decent. It remains to wait for sales and discounts to buy them cheaper, and then they will fully justify their cost.

Thanks to all!
Nice Mini Review!

Had them for a while and while there is nothing really to not like, they don't get much play time here.
I get a great fit, they sound great ... what ticks me off is that I never know which way I hold the case and if I get left / right correct (I have to take my glasses off and squint - old man style - at the lettering) ... they are also not easy to get out of the case, no one hand operation.

Oct 17, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #26,610 of 62,387
FIIL responded to me about the USB-C issue, claiming it’s by design because USB-C to USB-C is only meant for high current devices and can damage the battery, which is misleading at absolute best, and frankly a lie if we’re gonna call a spade a spade. Any properly designed device should be able to regulate how much current it draws - as proven by countless other USB-C devices with small batteries that support C-to-C charging and negotiate and appropriate current and voltage.
what cable did you use, I realised if the cable only supports pd protocol like the Apple USB c, it doesn’t work to charge USB c devices w/o pd protocol. I used the ugreen cable which supports multiple protocols, and it works on my old rha trueconnect, aviot and nuarl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back