Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 22, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #25,922 of 62,439
Without giving too many pointers as to what your preferences are ... the tronsmart Apollo at 80 or so GBP are rather similar to the XM3 imho, with the bass a bit more boomy, and ANC maybe even a tad better .. there's also an app supposed to come out soon.
The tronsmart spunky buds at 20-ish are a general go-to / cant go wrong recommendation of mine.
In the higher price segment, recently I find myself really enjoying the Galaxy Buds Live (or GBeans), even though I am usually a total apple fan boy.
Oh, thinking of ANC, I keep forgetting the Panasonic RZ500 which are pretty awesome in sound and ANC

for more ideas head over to scarbir.com for good leaderboards / comparisons

Thanks for the reply. I guess for the in ear I a not too bothered about what type of sound signature it has as long as its not too bright. I have the Sony WMX2 over ears and they are bass heavy compared to my home kit, but I quite like this on the move. Its different but I quite enjoy it

I am considering he Sony as it seems a no brainer. Also reading a lot about your suggestion Tronsport Apollo, Lypertek Tevi, Imore and the Liberty 2 Pro.

Ok I would love to get the sound of my Etymotic ER4XR in a wireless ear bud but I know this will be very difficult. I think i dont have a particular sound signature that I prefer as I think I just get used to the different sound.

Sep 22, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #25,923 of 62,439
Where I live there are no unlimited plans ... towards the end of the month we are always fighting who wasted the most data in our house (usually kiddo on YT, though he says he already tuned it down to lowest resolution)
Yeah, i have gigabit at home so I try to use that wherever possible. I also have a Verizon hotspot with unlimited data that I used at work but now that I'm working from home I wonder why I keep paying for it

Sep 22, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #25,924 of 62,439
Agreed. That's really cool of Jabra to provide that to existing customers rather than trying to force upgrades. Well done. Although semi-open actually sounds pretty good to me as I've grown to prefer it over the plugged ear feeling.
Agree. This is one of those things that NEVER seems to happen, and will go a long way toward ensuring my customer loyalty to Jabra.

Sep 22, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #25,925 of 62,439
Just curious, has anyone had experience with Tranya providing testing models for free? Looks like they are offering the T10 as a free review pair, but they want me to buy it first and then they say they'll refund me. Is it likely that that's trustworthy?
I have done that program before, and others have also reported doing it. I think they want you to show up as a verified purchase on Amazon,which is the reason for the process.
Did Tranya contact you directly and then offered you a refund?

So if you grab off of Amazon Japan, do you lose a warranty in the US? $255 isn't bad. Bose is $279 so ...

The issue is mostly with the trouble I'd have trying returning them if they don't fit my small and weirdly shaped ear. Also, 255$ to check a fit wasn't in my current budget, even less now that I learnt this morning that my daughter is Covid-19 positive and that both me and my wife will be losing our salary for at least 2 weeks .

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #25,926 of 62,439
Well, I did receive the apollo bold from the contest. Last 2 years used jabra 65t for hikes (with ambient on) only for multipoint and waterproofing, not the sound...

Used the bold for 2 hours with ambient on, and much better sound and airy. But then ive never really liked the 65t the longer ive used them.1.png

What tips are those you're using?

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #25,927 of 62,439
Did Tranya contact you directly and then offered you a refund?

The issue is mostly with the trouble I'd have trying returning them if they don't fit my small and weirdly shaped ear. Also, 255$ to check a fit wasn't in my current budget, even less now that I learnt this morning that my daughter is Covid-19 positive and that both me and my wife will be losing our salary for at least 2 weeks .
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you and your family. Hopefully her symptoms are mild and you are back in business for 2 weeks.

I am also passing on these. I had fit issues with the N6 and there's no way to send them back to Japan. I'll hold out for more reviews and an Amazon US option for returns. I'm also in the mood for something more "fun" sounding and the Bose probably fit that better right now.

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #25,929 of 62,439
Thanks for the reply. I guess for the in ear I a not too bothered about what type of sound signature it has as long as its not too bright. I have the Sony WMX2 over ears and they are bass heavy compared to my home kit, but I quite like this on the move. Its different but I quite enjoy it

I am considering he Sony as it seems a no brainer. Also reading a lot about your suggestion Tronsport Apollo, Lypertek Tevi, Imore and the Liberty 2 Pro.

Ok I would love to get the sound of my Etymotic ER4XR in a wireless ear bud but I know this will be very difficult. I think i dont have a particular sound signature that I prefer as I think I just get used to the different sound.

I have the following TWS headphones:

Sony WF10000XM3
Lypertek Tevi
Mavin Air-X
ibasso CF01/IT00
Tronsmart Apollo

There are others, but they are the primary ones I use. This list is also in order of my personal preference as well. Whilst the Apollo's are growing on me. I use them at work and their noise cancelling does help with reducing things like engine noise but they are definitely not as good as the Sony's from both an active noise cancelling and sound quality perspective. I personally think that the Tevi's, Air-X and ibasso combination sound more accurate, I just really like the Sony's sound character and it's features.

I think the closest to the Etymotics sound (I used to have the Etymotics ER4P's and loved them) is perhaps the Tevi's or the ibasso CF01 + a fairly lean MMCX enabled IEM.

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #25,930 of 62,439
@assassin10000 so i tested the Onyx free with Spotify and Netflix marathon, it lasted for 4:50 hours before it shuts down. not the best, but not the worst either. it might be able to be pushed a little longer in AAC

Yep I get a little more on AAC. I do listen on low volume though

Sep 22, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #25,931 of 62,439
I have the following TWS headphones:

Sony WF10000XM3
Lypertek Tevi
Mavin Air-X
ibasso CF01/IT00
Tronsmart Apollo

There are others, but they are the primary ones I use. This list is also in order of my personal preference as well. Whilst the Apollo's are growing on me. I use them at work and their noise cancelling does help with reducing things like engine noise but they are definitely not as good as the Sony's from both an active noise cancelling and sound quality perspective. I personally think that the Tevi's, Air-X and ibasso combination sound more accurate, I just really like the Sony's sound character and it's features.

I think the closest to the Etymotics sound (I used to have the Etymotics ER4P's and loved them) is perhaps the Tevi's or the ibasso CF01 + a fairly lean MMCX enabled IEM.
That’s very helpful , thank you, and that is some collection you have

Sep 22, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #25,932 of 62,439
Sep 22, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #25,934 of 62,439
Can someone tell me what the driver flex issue is with the n6 pro? Also does anyone here have a pair of phaiser fusion ones? How are they?
Never had driver flex with mine.

Sep 23, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #25,935 of 62,439
Boom!
AC728438-D65F-427F-9A49-5D90DB8EBEDA.jpeg
53681A6A-33A1-493E-B9E9-51FE216F24FC.jpeg
C2B912F1-2AD7-47B6-8730-CD3541809367.jpeg
10CC9208-F9B1-4B05-9A8F-38D6AEFBAB85.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back