Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 12, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #25,697 of 63,207
I saw the Nakamichi the same time as the Radius but didn't post about it then. Got what I thought would be said. Thought maybe a chance they did something with it but doubtful in 2020 they did more with the sound than a straight rebrand.

Sep 12, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #25,698 of 63,207
Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #25,699 of 63,207
Does anyone find fast-chargers to degrade charge performance of their TWS cases? I see many brands advising to only use 5V/1A chargers, but in my opinion this is absurd because most of my wall bricks now are quick-charge.

Today I used my Taotronics SoundLiberty 94 for no more than 3 hours and the battery is low. The 20Decebel app claims one side has 40% while the other only has 22%.
I don't know anything for sure on that, but i've always suspected as much, so i use the charging brick that came with my s4 back in the day, i've kept it around for charging headphones and can easily switch between a micro USb cord and a Type C cord. For the pixelbuds, or anything i've owned previously that had Wireless charging, i use my wireless charger.

Sep 12, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #25,701 of 63,207
I had a similar Deja Vu .. the buds look very much like the realme Buds Q

Speaking of realme buds Q, anyone try this? They have relatively good specs with 10mm DD inside and told that have very good sound signature but coming from general tech website all of them. Never read reviews from audiophile buddy so im curious.

Sep 12, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #25,702 of 63,207
Sep 12, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #25,703 of 63,207
I preordered the Bose from Best Buy but I'm on the fence. Bose.com was showing 2 to 8 days for delivery so I was rolling the dice BB would be faster Amazon is showing October 15th release.

In any event, I'm not convinced these will be worth the money but I have some time to think about it I suppose. By then the Nuarl will be available and will probably be substantially cheaper. Since I don't go to the gym anymore, ANC isn't critical either.
Nice! I'm going to get the N10's as soon as they're available too. I go to the gym every day but I just use my N6P's when I do weights and my Jabra 65's when I'm on the treadmill (they stay in better). I guess ANC would be cool - never really thought about it

Sep 12, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #25,705 of 63,207
im waiting for a graphene tws with blockchain tech, solar powered with GaN charging case.
Ya definitely! Gotta love cutting edge tech, like the new bluetooth hose

1599961799659.png

Sep 12, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #25,706 of 63,207
Hey there if you're looking for true wireless with ANC your options are a bit limited but in my experience the best sounding of the bunch is easily the Sony WF1000xm3. It's not exceptionally clear like a pair of custom IEMs would be, but no product that has ANC will be. I think it's the best blend of sound quality and convenience you can hope for in the wireless ANC space, and would be a really good upgrade from the sennheisers, which in my opinion are horrendous for their price. Hope this was helpful.
funny how tastes differ, While i did get a sound from the WF 1000Xm3 that i liked, out of the box horendous is exactly how i'd describe them. And, i wasn't a huge fan of the default tuning Sennheiser shiped with both MTW's. But IMO both the MTW's are voiced better, and more capable of serving a wider variety of sound preferences than the XM3 after eq. Having said all that, I did get a sound from eqing the WF XM3 that i really liked. And you can bet i'll be giving their successor a shot, especially if Sony can get battery level to last say 6 hours while streaming in LDAC at 990K

Sep 12, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #25,707 of 63,207
Ordering the Symbios now. Can’t hurt!

I’ve tried playing with the EQ on the MTW2 and it definitely helps but it’s weird having to listen at full volume all the time. Then when I really want to crank it up for a track I’m out of luck lol
Granted, i don't have an Iphone, but how loud do you need the MTW2 to be? I can't even get past 60% with them, that's to loud for me and they go LOUD AF!

Sep 13, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #25,708 of 63,207
Finally got my hands on the T1XS...worth the wait! Review
Great review, but damn, now I want them even more and there’s no way I’d be able to get a pair shipped to me fore I leave in a couple weeks. Super jealous!

Do they look as good in person as they do in photos? They seem to have a more “premium” glossy white finish to them as opposed the cheaper glossy plastics.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #25,709 of 63,207
Haven't posted here for a while after going through a bout of trying a ton of TWSs at the start of the year. I've ended up with a rotation that consisted of the MW07 Go, Cleer Ally Plus, Mavin Air XR(Qi) and Nuarl N6Ps. All I still use and love, all support Aptx
+ Nuarl N6P - bulky but still great sounding (although hard to get a good comfy fit). They sound excellent. Not the best on the move, but great connectivity & reasonable isolation from the outside world.
+ MW07 Go - comfortable, good sound, rock solid connectivity, compact. I reach for these more often recently as they are easy to wear and fit well. Good isolation.
+ Cleer Ally Plus - Great for wearing around town and ambient noisier environments, and they were one of the first sets to use the QCC set that the Apollo Bold seems to utilise w/ANC and have the same form factor (although the UI is probably closer to the Zen's which, again, share the same shell and components it looks like). Hard to get an awesome fit, but the NC compensates. OK connection, but I do experience dropouts sometimes or crackles when I turn my head too far - odd.
+ Mavin Air-XR(Qi) - I've taken to using these a bit more recently. They sound weakest of the four, but still pretty good and they are very very compact and comfortable, fantastic for cycling (in a safe environment). Rock solid connection.

So I guess that I'll reach for the N6Ps when I know I won't be moving much, the Mavin's with a lot of activity, and for urban wandering the Cleer Ally's or the MW's.

I decided to take the plunge this week and pick up a pair of heavily discounted Klipsch T5s ( 1st gen - 69.95 from Amazon new ) - I picked them up Prime as there is surpringly little about them here or in other reviews and the comments tend to fixate on issues with firmware update, dropouts and fit. BUT - I knew there was a new firmware update so I figured I'd try my best to get that on there and take it from there. And lo and behold, they sounds phenomenal ! Great tuning, reasonable battery life, decent on calls, the app and firmware update was a total total pain, but it worked, and now I can e.g. use the EQ on the app. App has decent help on it, surprisingly, but the best surprise for me is --- fantastic sound, and, when I got a good fit, they are surprisingly comfortable. They come with only 6 (!) silicon tips, which is super chintzy, and moreover you can't (at least easily) use other tips as the supplied oval tips have a plastic snap on way of mounting. Groan. But I've been listening all day with zero fatigue and they sound wonderful. I am curious if any others here have given them a whirl recently, and if not I highly recommend if you get a good Prime price (so you can return if issues). I am, at least currently, very pleasantly surprised. If there is one downside I will say that they have the same connectivity glitches as the Cleer Ally's and at one point I got into stage where the phone was only using the right bud, but that seems to have cleared up. The app & software experience is quirky and the button interface not wonderful, but they sound really good.

Another headphone I am tempted by is the Edifier TWS 6 which is half price now on the Edison web site, I wonder if that's another set that fell of everyones' radar, but but actually sounds better than expected ? No firmware updates it seems possible, however. I was also tempted by discount Sennheiser Momentum 1s, but the battery/case drain issues seem very very tiresome.

I would love it if somebody here can compare the Bold, Zen and Cleer Ally Plus - if they are, to all intents identical, I'd just advise that folks pick up the cheapest one (the Zen ,currently $70 on amazon) - its design and touch input appear identical to the Ally's, and it's half the price ( and less than the Bold ). Personally I really don't care much about the buttons on the buds for control, but I know that's more of an issue for others

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back