Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 11, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #25,681 of 63,207
Sep 11, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #25,682 of 63,207
Tranya is coming out with another new set. The T10 were 12mm drivers, these are 14.2mm! Hopefully they should better than the T10s did.
Man, I really hope they improve the sound quality. I loved almost everything about the T10, with the exception of the almost overbearing mid range and lack of high end detail. Also, they weren't truly IPX 7. I took them in the shower and one bud stopped working for a day. It never came back to full output. I'm excited about the new form factor of the M10.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #25,683 of 63,207
Anyone wants to try copy of XM3 for cheap? :sweat_smile:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7n6Co4

It uses Airoha chipset and has true ANC. I'm curious on how it fares to the original in sound and ANC quality

Nearly half a year later I can report on these:
a) they work
b) the ANC actually works (and not too bad)
c) the OLED screen is kinda neat (but much smaller than the reflective surface makes it appear)
d) they sound like shiitake mushrooms ... totally muffled ... no joy there really ... what a shame ...
e) case and buds are a slight tad smaller than the XM3
f) they look MUCH cheaper than the XM3 ... cheapo plastic!
g) improvement over the XM3: the case can stand!

cheapoxm3.jpg

They might have been interesting 6 months ago, but by now we have so many more and better entries in the budget ANC game ... unless you see them somewhere for 20$ and you feel like 'hoarding' ... I can't really recommend these

(They are also known as the 'Evon Pro', that's at least what the box is saying)
540B9499-DF76-4053-9F0B-0D3F8397BAA5.JPG

Semi related, it appears that OneOdio jumped on that form factor bandwagon for their first (AFAIK) tws entry ... but with nifty wings and no OLED screen (also, now that I check, they have 4 charging contacts, those Evons have only 3)

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #25,684 of 63,207
Nearly half a year later I can report on these:
a) they work
b) the ANC actually works (and not too bad)
c) the OLED screen is kinda neat
d) they sound like shiitake mushrooms ... totally muffled ... no joy there really ... what a shame ...
e) case and buds are a slight tad smaller than the XM3
f) they look MUCH cheaper than the XM3 ... cheapo plastic!

cheapoxm3.jpg

They might have been interesting 6 months ago, but by now we have so many more and better entries in the budget ANC game ... unless you see them somewhere for 20$ and you feel like 'hoarding' ... I can't really recommend these

(They are also known as the 'Evon Pro', that's at least what the box is saying)
540B9499-DF76-4053-9F0B-0D3F8397BAA5.JPG

Semi related, it appears that OneOdio jumped on that form factor bandwagon for their first (AFAIK) tws entry ... but with nifty wings and no OLED screen (also, now that I check, they have 4 charging contacts, those Evons have only 3)

im waiting for a graphene tws with blockchain tech, solar powered with GaN charging case.

Sep 11, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #25,685 of 63,207
Man, I really hope they improve the sound quality. I loved almost everything about the T10, with the exception of the almost overbearing mid range and lack of high end detail. Also, they weren't truly IPX 7. I took them in the shower and one bud stopped working for a day. It never came back to full output. I'm excited about the new form factor of the M10.
I agree. I use my T10s for mowing and what not outside because they get louder than most of my other TWS except my L2P. They sound good enough for that, but I'd rather have a B530 with bass boost. I'm hoping the M10 is just that!

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #25,687 of 63,207
One option is to buy a cheap Final audio product eg Final E500 or E1000 and the Final E tips come with it.

I heard the Kinera Tyr comes with Final E tips too, haven't tried it though, I think it costs $25 USD and the tips themselves sell at $15 USD. (Mass)drop was selling the Final E500 at $20 USD too, so you can see it as buying the tips and getting a free IEM on top of it haha. I don't stay in Europe though, dunno if (Mass)drop imposes VAT and maybe then it isn't that worth it.

I love the Final E tips too, tames the treble and tightens the bass, great set of tips.
Hi!!!

Thanks for your reply, I will buy some cheap Final iems to have the tips, I would have preferred the option to buy them as spare parts, especially to avoid buying electronics that I will no use, I am trying to reduce as much as possible my electronic footprint, for environmental and social purposes.

All the best, David.

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #25,688 of 63,207
I have seen a good amount of positive feedback on the Liberty 2 Pro so on a whim I bought a pair yesterday. Initial impression/opinion is that for music (EDM/Club and Rock/Metal) these are the best TWS buds I have tried (dynamic w/good bass). I have a decent collection of IEMs including TWS to compare with and it's good to see true wireless sets improving. They still can't compete with a decent IEM & DAC/AMP but when you're in the mood to have the freedom of no wires these more than get the job done. Tinkering with the custom EQ I got them sounding pretty good. If I had a gripe it would be the size (still comfortable tho), the App is handy but could be better, could use better/bigger soundstage. My next preferred sets are the Jabra 75t and MTW (for listening to music). For comfort it's my Galaxy buds+ and for all rounder the Jabra 75t.
I have a few less than memorable sets from Ankor but the L2P are a nice surprise.

Sep 12, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #25,689 of 63,207
Sep 12, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #25,690 of 63,207
Since Bose FR are offering a 90 day trial period well I took them up on it and...pre-ordered :wink:

Sep 12, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #25,691 of 63,207
1599908116576.png
https://www.translatetheweb.com/?ref=TVert&from=&to=en&a=https://ifans.pixnet.net/blog/post/229590689
Interesting outlier maybe. $150 ANC model from Nakamichi. Not sure if Nakamichi USA will bring it here at all. Interesting choice of MSBC as it high quality codec.
1599908572811.png

the problem that i have with Nakamichi is that it seems to me each of their products are suspiciously more like just a rebrand of other cheaper products.. this one for instance is similar (or maybe just the same) as the Airsun X8. they might do their own tuning on those, but i highly doubt it, as they didn't mention doing custom tuning on their ads.

Sep 12, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #25,692 of 63,207
the problem that i have with Nakamichi is that it seems to me each of their products are suspiciously more like just a rebrand of other cheaper products.. this one for instance is similar (or maybe just the same) as the Airsun X8. they might do their own tuning on those, but i highly doubt it, as they didn't mention doing custom tuning on their ads.
When I was a kid and getting into hifi stuff, Nakamichi was consider the high high end audio. That was probably 30 years ago. I didn't even know they were still around.

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #25,695 of 63,207

I had a similar Deja Vu .. the buds look very much like the realme Buds Q

realmeQ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back