Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 10, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #25,636 of 63,208
Funny this came up. I have the same issue with my APP! I have tried everything, cleaning them with alcohol and peroxide etc. The only thing that made a little difference was aftermarket tips. I still get irritation anywhere the plastic part of the earpiece touches my skin for more than a few minutes. Evidently there are people that have had some serious infections that required professional treatment! I have not contacted apple yet either.

We have three pairs in the house and my wife and kids have no problems, however I am the only heavy user.

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #25,637 of 63,208
Anyone getting in on the MW07 Plus on Drop? Tempting at $199...new version coming soon?

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #25,638 of 63,208
The tips of the APP do have a strange "smell", it has to be the "components" they use as I've never noticed that with other IEMs...

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #25,639 of 63,208
The quality control is fantastic. They are all consistently mediocre.
I had trouble with my Jabra Elite Sport, even the replacement pair I got after a while just died (battery something I think) ... there were constant issues with battery / case (like music keeps playing when buds are back in case) ... soooo ... I was also tempted by getting some 65T from amazon warehouse, but after that experience rather no ...

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #25,640 of 63,208
I’m giving up on my AirPod Pros due to them causing my ear canals to itch, and giving me contact dermatitis. There’s a big thread on the issue over on Apple support, apparently the APPs themselves or the silicone tips are causing an allergic reaction.

As an iPhone user, they were very convenient to have. Would replacing them with the Sony’s be an upgrade?
Have you looked at the Nuarl N6 Pro's? I'm listening to music right now on my iPhone 7 with them and it sounds awesome... Although you might want to wait for the N10 that's coming soon

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #25,641 of 63,208
The quality control is fantastic. They are all consistently mediocre.
Haha. I use mine for running and tried to put my favorite tips (Acoustune AET08) on today but the stem is so short that they fall off or stick inside my ear when I put the earbuds out. Pain in the butt given that my XM3's, Nuarl N6P, and JH Lola's all have the regular tips that the AET08's fit on perfectly. The other thing is the case is to tiny that almost any tip I use makes it really difficult to close the case

I wonder if it would be a horrible idea to use something sticky to keep the tips on the stems? Superglue is a little bit too permanent for me

Sep 10, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #25,642 of 63,208
I think I am also done with just buying each and everything that KZ pumps out ... :)

Knowledge_Zenith__KZ__impressions_thread___Page_3397___Headphone_Reviews_and_Discussion_-_Head...jpg

Sep 10, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #25,643 of 63,208
Sep 10, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #25,644 of 63,208
Not very convincing...for a start they're HUGE and that "11 levels of noise cancellation" is a non-starter selling point since most (all ?) ANC TWEs offer different levels. Hopefully they will have good passive isolation unlike all the Bose earbuds so far that have had "open" designs...which sort of defeats the purpose of an isolating earbud, unless you work in a cubicle and just want to turn off the background noise without listening to music. In any case that made sense when there were no "transparency" mode but now ?

Sep 10, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #25,645 of 63,208
Sep 10, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #25,646 of 63,208
Not very convincing...for a start they're HUGE and that "11 levels of noise cancellation" is a non-starter selling point since most (all ?) ANC TWEs offer different levels. Hopefully they will have good passive isolation unlike all the Bose earbuds so far that have had "open" designs...which sort of defeats the purpose of an isolating earbud, unless you work in a cubicle and just want to turn off the background noise without listening to music. In any case that made sense when there were no "transparency" mode but now ?
Saying it again, I was VERY skeptical about the QC20, which have the 'open' design 'StayHear' tips ... but I was utterly gobsmacked by them and love using them on planes ... all I ever wanted was the the Bose SSF with QC20 level ANC ... (ok, IF some day they can shrink the form factor down to the Bose SleepBuds size, that would be fine with me)

Sep 10, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #25,647 of 63,208
Now I really need to check when I use which TWS as I recently had the same thing (itch and fluid) and I thought I just get contact dermatitis from constantly plugging something into my ears and never let them ‘breathe’ ... could be that the last itch coincided with the last time I wore APP. And I do recall that smell when they were new ...

Funny this came up. I have the same issue with my APP! I have tried everything, cleaning them with alcohol and peroxide etc. The only thing that made a little difference was aftermarket tips. I still get irritation anywhere the plastic part of the earpiece touches my skin for more than a few minutes. Evidently there are people that have had some serious infections that required professional treatment! I have not contacted apple yet either.

We have three pairs in the house and my wife and kids have no problems, however I am the only heavy user.

I’d advise that you stop using them completely as who knows the long term damage that they could be causing. As well as the itchiness, fluid and dermatitis, I get ringing in my ears. Perhaps the latter is due to the ANC?

Have you looked at the Nuarl N6 Pro's? I'm listening to music right now on my iPhone 7 with them and it sounds awesome... Although you might want to wait for the N10 that's coming soon

I’ll look into em, but I’ll most likely just stay with the old AirPods.

Sep 10, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #25,649 of 63,208
And "only" SBC and AAC...

And still no multipoint ... that works so well on the QC35 ... why can't they put that in their TWS? Jabra shows that it works ...

I kinda want both ... gotta love this sentence about the ex-500 now "Sport Earbuds"
"They have an “almost-magical defiance to shift or fall out,” which is one of the most perfect, only-Bose-would-say-something-like-that things that I’ve ever heard."

Well, I don't see how I can get my hands on either one anytime soon unless any of you fine people is planning a trip to Sri Lanka anytime soon (once they reopen the airport for tourists). Most likely no xmas trip to Japan this year ... sigh ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back