Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 7, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #25,531 of 62,458
I don't know but they especially mention on ads that outdoor mode is for wind noise with ANC on during running or cycling.
If it is like what the TrackAir+ Special Edition has, then the wind noise reduction really works.

Sep 7, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #25,532 of 62,458
What have they done on the LTA+ SE ? Possibly just a "preset" because on the LTA+ you could not turn off ANC at all and you had to set it to 11 (in the app so it was a nuisance) to mitigate wind noise, I'd discussed that at length last year although there was little interest with so few owners. What's strange is that they don't tout that feature for the "non-SE" edition !

Again, in my experience good passive isolation works perfectly to block wind noise, as I found out again with the SiFi II a few minutes ago with a 150 watts fan blasting air at me :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #25,533 of 62,458
Anyone looking for some earbuds predominantly for calls, the Tranya T10 has been one of the best ones I've used so far. Spent most of the last 2 weeks in Teams/Zoom meetings and the calls have been crystal clear. Also been told that it's been clear on the receiving end too and the cvc blocks out alot of the background noise during these calls. I'm surprised it picks up the voice so well given it's not a stem type style which tends to do better.

Playing music, I would say they aren't bad given the price - it has bass but not too heavy, mids are good and highs are ok.

Currently on Amazon UK for less than £30 (with £10 voucher), it's abit of a bargain for something that can last 8hrs and support wireless charging too.

Sep 7, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #25,539 of 62,458
Anyone looking for some earbuds predominantly for calls, the Tranya T10 has been one of the best ones I've used so far. Spent most of the last 2 weeks in Teams/Zoom meetings and the calls have been crystal clear. Also been told that it's been clear on the receiving end too and the cvc blocks out alot of the background noise during these calls. I'm surprised it picks up the voice so well given it's not a stem type style which tends to do better.

Playing music, I would say they aren't bad given the price - it has bass but not too heavy, mids are good and highs are ok.

Currently on Amazon UK for less than £30 (with £10 voucher), it's abit of a bargain for something that can last 8hrs and support wireless charging too.
I have to agree. I found them too uncomfortable for prolonged use, but the microphone is far better than most earbuds and any at that price.

Also good are the Boltune BT-BH024 and the Edifier TWS NB2.

I bought the mpow m12 for a laugh yesterday as Scarbir seemed to rate them quite highly. Think he must have been seduced by the card inside promising free goodies for 5 star reviews because they are absolute trash :D

That's a bit harsh. They're £18 for a reason. The sound is surprisingly not the worst I've heard but just don't expect anyone to hear you in case you get a call.

Still no update on the tracking on my FIIL T1XS so I ordered another set from another seller. And the Whizzer E3. And the Alien Secret QCC010. I dunno why I bother, I know I'm going to end up with a load of crappy airbuds I can't use prime to return!

Sep 7, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #25,540 of 62,458
"Wind Noise Reduction" ? In my experience good passive isolation is what works best for cycling (Bomaker SiFi II for instance) as anything involving microphones generates noise, the XM3s for instance have a "wind noise reduction" ANC setting but you're better off just turning ANC off.
The Galaxy Buds+ has a wind filter in its ambient sound, even though it doesn't have ANC. It feels weird in some situations like there's something like ANC going on removing the low frequencies but I'm still hearing things around me. I personally hate it, because it causes constant louder sounds to abruptly pan left and right such that you lose the proper stereo image (feels very unsafe with cars passing by). I think it's very possible Samsung planned on implementing ANC in the Buds+ as some rumours suggested, but decided against it.

Sep 7, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #25,541 of 62,458
Does anyone with the Apollo Bolds have a clipping on deep bass sections at 3/4 volume and up? I got mine about a week ago, and I've noticed it on songs like "The Reaper" by the Chainsmokers. I've never had this happen before on any of my decent IEMs, not sure if they need more burn in, a better deal, or if I got a bad pair.

i did notice clipping/distortions on the bass, but it happened only when i try Eq-ing down/removing the bass too much using the Wavelet, so i thought it was because of the Wavelet's DSP compressing the sound
i haven't notice it with no EQ, but I'll give a listen to that song you mentioned and report back later

Sep 7, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #25,542 of 62,458
@Mouseman so i listened to the song. unfortunately, with the volume maxed on the unit, i can only go to 40% volume on my phone.
the only distortion i can hear on the bass is not from digital clipping, but more like intentional use of overdrive effect on the bass (more apparent on minute 1:00). and that particular overdrive, i can hear it with any TWS/IEMs that I've tested on that song (my Sony XM3s, BGVP DM6, TinHifi T2+)

with the Wavelet app that i described earlier, it's more of a digital clipping/ white noise crackle sound when i apply to much bass reduction

Sep 7, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #25,543 of 62,458
@Mouseman so i listened to the song. unfortunately, with the volume maxed on the unit, i can only go to 40% volume on my phone.
the only distortion i can hear on the bass is not from digital clipping, but more like intentional use of overdrive effect on the bass (more apparent on minute 1:00). and that particular overdrive, i can hear it with any TWS/IEMs that I've tested on that song (my Sony XM3s, BGVP DM6, TinHifi T2+)

with the Wavelet app that i described earlier, it's more of a digital clipping/ white noise crackle sound when i apply to much bass reduction
OK, thanks for checking and for others who have tried. I'm used to the overdrive on that song, but I have been hearing that digital clipping and it's not pleasant. I've also noticed it on Sacriligeum I by Zeal and Ardor, which is my bass torture track for new gear.

I hadn't thought of it until now, but my listening so far has been on my iPhone with zero EQ. I'll try it with the R5 both streaming and local in different codecs, etc. to see if it's reproduced. It's just odd that I don't hear it with the L2Ps, APPs or anything else.

Sep 7, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #25,545 of 62,458
If anyone is interested, still available at great prices: Pixel Buds 2nd Gen , Tronsmart Apollo Bold , 2020 Mifo 07 Dynamic , and Mobvoi Tickansa ANC True Wireless Headphones...PM me if interested in any... Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back