Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 30, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #25,351 of 62,437
Well, after a month of trying to make them work, I’m abandoning the Aukey EP-N5 which I liked at first. After a half hour or so of wearing them at a time, they just hurt my ears too much. I was hoping I just had them in bad the first time or two it happened, but after some city walks and flights and what have you, they just weren’t comfortable.

The search continues for ~$60 buds I’ll like. I’ll have to see if the case for the new Fiil buds is slimmer this time around, because the chunky case was the only reason I didn’t keep my T1X last time around.

Funny, the EP-N5 only saving grace for me was the comfort...everything else was terrible.

Amazon driver just woke me up :/ he dropped off the EP-T25 and my Aliexpress order for the Edifier TWNB2. I'll unbox and test once I'm vaguely awake

Aug 30, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #25,352 of 62,437
Funny, the EP-N5 only saving grace for me was the comfort...everything else was terrible.

Amazon driver just woke me up :/ he dropped off the EP-T25 and my Aliexpress order for the Edifier TWNB2. I'll unbox and test once I'm vaguely awake
EDIT: just realized i posted this in the wrong spot, meant to reply to your post about the nillkin Go 04.
I hope you got a dud. i have a review pair of these arriving tomorrow.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #25,353 of 62,437
I am still looking for some wireless buds for running. I am a bass head, that primarily listens to rap. A set of earbuds with very powerful bass is extremely important to me, as my current wired pair has a booming bass profile that I really like and am used to. Through some research and recommendations from @Caipirina, I have narrowed my search down to three options: the Sabbat X12 ultra, the Nillikin Go, and the dyplay bqc35. For those that own those models, how do they perform when running, and how much bass do they have? The X12 ultra seems to be the best pair for running - but I have concerns over the amount of bass they contain. The X12 ultra apparently has increased bass levels, but how much?

i don't have the ultra version, but i have the X12 Pro, and also the Dyplay and Nillkin Go. mind you, what @Caipirina mean by the Nillkin Go, it's not the newer 004 that have tube case, but the older one

Shopee_c855d550921df56c45296f2b8a934697.jpg

ranking the bass from the most amount :

Dyplay > Nillkin > X12 Pro

if you're a basshead, i would suggest the Dyplay. the bass is big and good on that one. the Nillkin is closer to Ety ER4XR, while the X12 is more of a mid bass with roll off on the low bass.

Aug 30, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #25,354 of 62,437
21AAFD86-A127-40EA-8B42-3EF75A848B98.jpeg

So far...wow.

Noise cancellation - not in the league of the Apollo. In fact, they don't seem to cancel any top end out at all. I'll take them for a walk later and see what they're like on the low ends.

Microphone quality on the other hand, whilst a tad robotic, cuts practically everything out. 60dBc background noise and all you can hear is my voice. Amazing.

Sound quality...well, I only subjectively tested so far, but they have far more depth than most of the rubbish I stick in my ears.

Impressed!

Aug 30, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #25,355 of 62,437
i don't have the ultra version, but i have the X12 Pro, and also the Dyplay and Nillkin Go. mind you, what @Caipirina mean by the Nillkin Go, it's not the newer 004 that have tube case, but the older one

Shopee_c855d550921df56c45296f2b8a934697.jpg

ranking the bass from the most amount :

Dyplay > Nillkin > X12 Pro

if you're a basshead, i would suggest the Dyplay. the bass is big and good on that one. the Nillkin is closer to Ety ER4XR, while the X12 is more of a mid bass with roll off on the low bass.

I agree on the bass ranking.
i Wonder. There is a soundpeats model that is supposed to be ‘all about the bass’, but I have no running experience with them (actually, no experience at all :wink:. )

Aug 30, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #25,358 of 62,437
Well, after a month of trying to make them work, I’m abandoning the Aukey EP-N5 which I liked at first. After a half hour or so of wearing them at a time, they just hurt my ears too much. I was hoping I just had them in bad the first time or two it happened, but after some city walks and flights and what have you, they just weren’t comfortable.

The search continues for ~$60 buds I’ll like. I’ll have to see if the case for the new Fiil buds is slimmer this time around, because the chunky case was the only reason I didn’t keep my T1X last time around.

Flights? You get to do flights? :wink:
I sent those back as well. They quickly moved from ‘comfortable’ to ‘least impressive in my ANC stable’, plus they made extra noise when touching my beard ...

Aug 30, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #25,360 of 62,437
loving my Nuarl N6.....but I need eveyone to talk me out of trying to get hold of the pro model:o2smile:
Better yet to wait for the N10 no?

Aug 30, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #25,363 of 62,437
The X12 ultra seems to be the best pair for running - but I have concerns over the amount of bass they contain. The X12 ultra apparently has increased bass levels, but how much?

The X12 Ultra kind of reminds me of my mh750/mh755 minus a db or two. Depending on fit may have sub-bass roll off.

In comparison the X12 pro is bass light.

In any case it is not to basshead levels but slightly above what I prefer. I don't fall in the basshead category nor the bass light. I prefer the lows a hair below the harman neutral curve but as far down as diffuse field or even the er4xr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back