Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 25, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #25,261 of 62,546
Tronsmart has a spinner on the home page to get a discount, which is good on some Amazon sites (including US). I decided to give the Bolds a try, they'll be here Monday. I also have the APPs coming Friday since they were $30 off on Amazon. I'll probably (well, maybe -- oh, who am I kidding?) send one pair back if there's not a huge difference. I wish Tronsmart would hurry up and get the app out.

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #25,262 of 62,546
The only thing I don't like about the Tevis is how hard it is to push the button on the earbuds, If I use the button I have to take them out and reposition them as they get pushed to far in my ears.

You sold me. :)

Oh yeah and as part of the Klipsch redesign they even made the button easier to push. :) 50% the force required than before plus the new fit and angle moved the press force so it no longer pushes the housings into the ear. They said they wanted to keep tactile and not risk accidental touches but had to improve the button experience. Like I said, a long list of things that made sense and showed thought and sold me on them.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #25,263 of 62,546
Does any of you know how to use galaxy wearable apps on PC? I tried using bluestack and nox but it doesn't work for some reason.

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #25,264 of 62,546
Oh yeah and as part of the Klipsch redesign they even made the button easier to push. :) 50% the force required than before plus the new fit and angle moved the press force so it no longer pushes the housings into the ear. They said they wanted to keep tactile and not risk accidental touches but had to improve the button experience. Like I said, a long list of things that made sense and showed thought and sold me on them.
I have the Power Beats Pro TW and the button on them is really easy to push, so easy that it does not put any pressure on the ear and there is a volume rocker on top. They did a great job with the design and very comfortable for all day use.

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #25,265 of 62,546
I find the sound signature becomes warmer and bassinet if I push it hard into my ear, like most open air earphones. For normal wearing, my ears conform quite easily to the shape of the beans so they sound quite consistent no matter how I put them in initially. I'm fine with the touch controls, but do find that I accidentally activate them when adjusting the buds in ear since the buds are so tiny. Overall I like them.
I just disabled the touch control all together because it is too responsive lol.

Aug 25, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #25,266 of 62,546
I have the Power Beats Pro TW and the button on them is really easy to push, so easy that it does not put any pressure on the ear and there is a volume rocker on top. They did a great job with the design and very comfortable for all day use.

Yep, need to push easy enough and on ear cartilage parts instead of in the ears and messing with the seal.

Though the capacitive touch on my JVC is fine since the Aero wind design has an edge to grip and a good size face where I can adjust and touch and take them off and put them in and whatever w/o any accidental presses. No problem with the touch on them and almost no wind noise till I turn the mics on. Problem is they make wind noise more evident then before with other earphones.

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #25,267 of 62,546
Tronsmart has a spinner on the home page to get a discount, which is good on some Amazon sites (including US). I decided to give the Bolds a try, they'll be here Monday. I also have the APPs coming Friday since they were $30 off on Amazon. I'll probably (well, maybe -- oh, who am I kidding?) send one pair back if there's not a huge difference. I wish Tronsmart would hurry up and get the app out.
Hi, Mouseman,
APP is coming in the end of Sep. Maybe earlier! Let's wait for its coming!

Aug 26, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #25,269 of 62,546
Now that the Tronsmart Apollo Bolds are out, no one seems to be talking about the 20 Decebles ones. Are the Bolds just straight up better?
I have the Tozo, which are pretty much the same. And I am still considering returning them. They do have a bit of a better / sleeker fit for me. But overall I think they don’t bring much new / better to the table given the other ANC buds I have. And yes, the Apollos are a major player there.

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #25,272 of 62,546
Looks like I got a dud of a case in Tronsmart Apollo. Even after the "foam" hack inside the case, my fully charged case is blinking red lights after a couple of days, and 5-6hrs of usage.
I've sent an email to @Tronsmart Official about this, let's wait for the response. But I wanted to know, is it common for TWS to have such variations in case/earbuds batteries out of the factory? Or is it @Tronsmart Official QC?

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #25,273 of 62,546
I
Looks like I got a dud of a case in Tronsmart Apollo. Even after the "foam" hack inside the case, my fully charged case is blinking red lights after a couple of days, and 5-6hrs of usage.
I've sent an email to @Tronsmart Official about this, let's wait for the response. But I wanted to know, is it common for TWS to have such variations in case/earbuds batteries out of the factory? Or is it @Tronsmart Official QC?
I have the same problem and wondered if it is normal that i must charge the case,when i use the buds every day 3-4 hours....

Aug 26, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #25,274 of 62,546
I

I have the same problem and wondered if it is normal that i must charge the case,when i use the buds every day 3-4 hours....

Definitely not normal, if 20hrs are to be expected from the case, then nothing less than 18hrs should be acceptable in the daily use.
I am still waiting for the reply from @Tronsmart Official

Aug 26, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #25,275 of 62,546
Definitely not normal, if 20hrs are to be expected from the case, then nothing less than 18hrs should be acceptable in the daily use.
I am still waiting for the reply from @Tronsmart Official
Yes,this is a big issue and i hope that not all units are that faulty,so that they can offer us a replacement. I have also contacted them and hope that they will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back