Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 17, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #24,886 of 62,431
@Caipirina - Since I'm a sucker for "super sauce ANC" it looks like I need to order the Panasonic RWS500Z ! Too bad they're not available on Amazon FR's at the same price used as on Amazon DE...

Since you mention the bass on the Apollo, do you notice that "bass boost, highs muted" when ANC is turned ON ? Oddly it seems I'm the only one now with that problem although I could swear I remember someone else mentioning it a few weeks ago.

Need to try these Nilkin GO at some point to experience their reduced "thud" but better isolation than the X12s for running in noisy (and dangerless) environments...although since I never run on treadmills I'm not sure where that would be :wink:

Aug 17, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #24,887 of 62,431
Have you tried the Klipsch T5 TWS? I just got them yesterday and I'm quite pleased with them. Vocals sound fantastic, with good detail retrieval and pleasing bass, which is to say the bass is not heavily boosted. Highs are not overly boosted, but they are still crisp with a good sense of air. Mature sound. The case is awesome. Haven't tried calls yet. They do fit deeper, but I don't have any issue with ergonomics or comfort (which is good). However, I do feel some movement with aerobic exercise, but weightlifting is fine. Physical buttons aren't overly stiff or loose and function well (play/pause, track skip, vol controls).

Looking forward to the app that's slated to come out soon, but even without it, I'm quite satisfied.

Also, these things were quite the surprise. Great clarity, soundstage (for an IEM), and pleasing bass (not super boosted). Sound kind of reminds me of the Galaxy Buds. The only downside is isolation is not very good.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P4CHTXP/

Was reading over the impressions of the first one. Liking the sport a bit but couldn't remember a Klipsch dynamic driver earphone that sounded good. The armature models did but nothing special with the dynamic driver powered ones. Seems the T5 was close but just below the Senn sound and the new driver is said to be improved over the first T5. Seems like it will be pretty good. New shape a bit smaller as well. The 4 beamform mics should be good for calls and hear through to be better quality. Not looking so bad. $199 would be better than $229 but Klipsch will get cheaper if you want to wait it out.

Aug 17, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #24,888 of 62,431
Some quick first impressions of those Panasonic RWS500Z (?) , no RZ-S500W
- they fit me nicely with XL stock tips (5! Tip sizes included) I am getting a great seal which results in:
- very impressive ANC! Possibly the best of all the ANC buds I currently have, but maybe only by a smidge.
- also results in a louder, annoying thud even just walking!!! Seems these are ‘sit down’ buds
- too early to talk about sound, so far nothing wrong, instead I rather like what I am hearing. Bass there but not as boomy as the Apollo
- switching from iPhone to Mac seems to be super annoying: involving total forget / unpairing/ put buds back in case to initiate re-pairing ... unless there is an easier way that I have yet to figure out.
- there is an app. Nothing super fancy so far.EQ offers a bass boost, a clear voice and then one custom setting.
More maybe later :wink:
Yes, I am getting the "thud' when walking with the Xelastec tips- though it tends to settle down some after a few minutes. I tried the stock M tips on my last walk and there was definitely less "thud". Going to use stock tips again on my next walk to confirm. Wonder if Comply foam tips would be better for walking?

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #24,889 of 62,431
Nice. I think B&O has had a increasingly hard time maintaining brand relevance but it'll be a sad day if they ever go out of business. I have a ton of their Beoplay gear but I find it hard to spring for their new E8s considering how competitive the TWS arena is nowadays.

What eartips are those, CP100s?

The AKGs are super underrated. Deservedly so, I guess, since they've only launched officially in Korea. But man, these are great. Fantastic clarity.
Yes, the CP100s. Although I keep trying different ones to get a good seal. I have a stash of a bunch of brands. Keep going back to the CP100.

Aug 17, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #24,892 of 62,431
Hi, thanks again, I will order them, as I told you I will use it for walking (I do not run, but I do power walking) and cycling in the countryside, where I listen to some podcasts, not music, that at low volume allows me listening also the environment if it would be required.

By the way, my daily drivers are a pair of Andromedas (they were extremely expensive for me but I found a pair in mint condition for a budget price) paired with my ES100, I am extremely happy with their sound, I will no change them in the next future, but I have ordered a new FiiO BTR5 because the battery in the ES100 is completely dead. That is why am trying to find a sport companion with the best possible sound, and I ordered a pair of Sonys XM3 at budget price (Amazon) to see if they could substitute the Andromedas when I am for example gardening or cooking, for better comfort, but I would prefer a "pair for all", both sport and daily activities.

Thanks again @webvan !!!
Don’t do it you won’t like them we have the same ear size. If you can return then try them if not you’ll be out.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #24,893 of 62,431
Change the battery?? Or did you mean wireless charge the battery. :)
I saw a video and it’s one of those quarter thin like batteries. Look on YouTube.
Here is the cheaper T5 II coming soon. I believe this was the price on the original:
Klipsch T5 II True Wireless Earphones with Signal-Boosting Antenna in Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088XSS18P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AxToFb5P6KZTJ

Amazon renewed T5. So tempting:

Klipsch T5 True Wireless Earphones - True Wireless Earbuds with Bluetooth 5 (Renewed) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZMT46QF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_y9ToFb3H8220J

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #24,895 of 62,431
I saw a video and it’s one of those quarter thin like batteries. Look on YouTube.
Here is the cheaper T5 II coming soon. I believe this was the price on the original:
Klipsch T5 II True Wireless Earphones with Signal-Boosting Antenna in Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088XSS18P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AxToFb5P6KZTJ

Believe you but couldn't find it. Might be good if you needed to change out.

Saw this though...
1597691708044.png

Edifier quickly and somewhat quietly released the improved TWS NB2. Sounds like 7 hours now with improved ANC on and better sound and form factor.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #24,896 of 62,431
Believe you but couldn't find it. Might be good if you needed to change out.

Saw this though...
1597691708044.png
Edifier quickly and somewhat quietly released the improved TWS NB2.
Ooooohhh the form factor of the Libratone (and copied by Ksound, that was one ANC pair I sent back for being to mid centric)
But it terms of fit, this has so far served me well.
Let’s see if I will get a chance to try them.

Aug 17, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #24,897 of 62,431
One more observation on the Pana500 (there, fixed that stoopid name :wink: )
- blinky lights!!! Who still thinks this is cool / useful? And if you do that AND you have an app, let me disable those lights (will deep dive next into the PRINTED manuals in several languages (adding like 100gr to the box weight) to see if there is some magic to turn those blinkies off! )

still on the edge with these. Can still go either way. Stay / Go. I think if I did not have any other ANC buds, they’d be keepers ...

Aug 17, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #24,898 of 62,431
I have the regular N6's and got the AKG N400's but ended up sending them back and preferring my N6. YMMV

N400's were mainly lacking in bass presence/tightness (maybe would have tightened up) and were not good for calls.I'm waiting for N6 mini and N10 Pro

Waiting on the N10 Pro as well. Any tentative release date? I'm holding off on purchasing anything but so tempted to get the N6 Pro for now (but seems pointless).

Aug 17, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #24,899 of 62,431
@Caipirina - Since I'm a sucker for "super sauce ANC" it looks like I need to order the Panasonic RWS500Z ! Too bad they're not available on Amazon FR's at the same price used as on Amazon DE...

Since you mention the bass on the Apollo, do you notice that "bass boost, highs muted" when ANC is turned ON ? Oddly it seems I'm the only one now with that problem although I could swear I remember someone else mentioning it a few weeks ago.

Need to try these Nilkin GO at some point to experience their reduced "thud" but better isolation than the X12s for running in noisy (and dangerless) environments...although since I never run on treadmills I'm not sure where that would be :wink:
It may have been me you saw post about the muted highs and boomy bass of the Apollo while in ANC and Ambiant mode, i've posted about it a few times. but in passive mode they sound fantastic!. Still a bit more bass than i want at times, mostly mid bass, but still a great sound.

Aug 17, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #24,900 of 62,431
One more observation on the Pana500 (there, fixed that stoopid name :wink: )
- blinky lights!!! Who still thinks this is cool / useful? And if you do that AND you have an app, let me disable those lights (will deep dive next into the PRINTED manuals in several languages (adding like 100gr to the box weight) to see if there is some magic to turn those blinkies off! )

still on the edge with these. Can still go either way. Stay / Go. I think if I did not have any other ANC buds, they’d be keepers ...

No need. Already confirmed can be turned off with the app.

Yes, the LED do light up when in use. However, there is a setting in the app that allows you to turn the LED off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back