Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 15, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #24,811 of 63,207
I'm about to buy the Apollo's, just wanna confirm, that they don't have any hissing noice or statics while using them, anyone willing to chime in?
Mine are pretty quiet. I recommend third party tips for a good seal for more passive isolation. Sednas would probably work well, im using final e tips. Spunky beats on the other hand have hiss galore and crunchy driver flex

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #24,812 of 63,207
I'm about to buy the Apollo's, just wanna confirm, that they don't have any hissing noice or statics while using them, anyone willing to chime in?

Got my pair today, and took them to the beach for a quick test. No hissing or static noise at all.
Quick impressions: The sound is bassy, I am not a basshead so it was pretty boomy, but either it's my ears or the driver settling in, it toned down a bit by the end of the day. ANC is pretty good from what I expected. It won't do any magic, but it did block out the rumble from the bus engine pretty well on my commute. Basically if you are listening to music + have ANC on, it'll block almost 95% of the sound no matter the conditions. Just ANC on with no music does eliminate low level constant noises, but won't do much for people talking or general sounds, but that's for almost every ANC on the market. Mics were good from what other person said from the call, and they lasted whole day without them putting in the case for charging.
I did put the spiral dots tips, as the default tips were a bit loose for me, so they do create a good seal.
Till now, I am highly impressed by the package at the price they come in.
IMG_20200815_123858.jpg
IMG_20200815_132409.jpg
IMG_20200815_132435.jpg
IMG_20200815_132515.jpg
IMG_20200815_132544.jpg
IMG_20200815_132607.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #24,813 of 63,207
Yeah I saw the post about bass, I am a basshead so that's good, what do you think of the ANC on these?

ANC is really good and no hissing.

Best ANC I've experienced in TWS, and unusual as well. In fact, behaves very similar to the way the Avantree Aria Pro do. Seems to be marginally better at cancelling low frequencies, usually in my experience it's the other way around (my Sony and Taotronics were great at knocking out the high frequencies but not so good at low rumbles)

Aug 15, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #24,817 of 63,207
so, how is the seal, waterproofing and ambient function on the apollo? Thinking of replacing the jabra 65 for hikes, and would not want to use the mtw2.
Ambient is great
Seal is pretty good, I found them to be a little uncomfortable with foam tips so open to suggestions
Waterproofing I think is IP45, so I wouldn't shower with them, but they should be OK for hikes

Aug 15, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #24,818 of 63,207
I agree re: the ANC, even though I've mentioned a couple times that they are kind of useless. There is a use case where the reduction is very noticeable, but even then I'm not sure that positively affects quality of life meaningfully. In your case, I can see how being around the droning noise can be significant. And yet, I can't help but wonder would we all rather have the bud lives come in $40 cheaper with out the ANC? If they never shipped with ANC, I would not miss or lament that feature on the buds live.

Sound quality is great, as you noted.
Yeah I don't think the ANC would be terribly missed, although I can see it being more useful for someone with a train/subway/bus commute to block out the low end vehicle noise. Personally, I spend most of my time at work with only 1 earbud in so I can hear the phone and door knocking better. The ANC doesn't even work with only 1 in.

Aug 15, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #24,819 of 63,207
Ambient is great
Seal is pretty good, I found them to be a little uncomfortable with foam tips so open to suggestions
Waterproofing I think is IP45, so I wouldn't shower with them, but they should be OK for hikes

thanks, have you tested with other tips? I have a bunch of spinfits but the tip seems oval on the apollo. Never really liked the sound of the 65, but only used them with ambient for 2 years now.

For me the mtw2 is the best,- but not using those on sweaty walks..

Aug 15, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #24,820 of 63,207
thanks, have you tested with other tips? I have a bunch of spinfits but the tip seems oval on the apollo. Never really liked the sound of the 65, but only used them with ambient for 2 years now.

For me the mtw2 is the best,- but not using those on sweaty walks..
They are pretty thud-y for me while walking, for what its worth.

Aug 15, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #24,822 of 63,207
I just picked up the Galaxy Beans (buds live) from my local best buy. To me they sound best on the treble boost setting, and then adding back a touch of bass with the Wavelet Android EQ app. In the normal EQ setting they have waaaay too much bass for me. The clear EQ setting is better, but the treble boost seems the best to me with the small bass boost in the Wavelet app. They are a unique earbud for sure. The ANC does do something, but it's obviously not comparable to my WF1000xm3, and it's not meant to be. These are kind of like listening to an open back headphone which is kind of cool.

Am wondering if we'll ever see measurements of these or if that is even possible since they don't have a tip and make a seal.

Aug 15, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #24,823 of 63,207
I just picked up the Galaxy Beans (buds live) from my local best buy. To me they sound best on the treble boost setting, and then adding back a touch of bass with the Wavelet Android EQ app. In the normal EQ setting they have waaaay too much bass for me. The clear EQ setting is better, but the treble boost seems the best to me with the small bass boost in the Wavelet app. They are a unique earbud for sure. The ANC does do something, but it's obviously not comparable to my WF1000xm3, and it's not meant to be. These are kind of like listening to an open back headphone which is kind of cool.

Am wondering if we'll ever see measurements of these or if that is even possible since they don't have a tip and make a seal.
The bass will toned down after awhile. I did the same thing at first tho I used the Clear EQ setting then now just use normal EQ. You can also play with the fit and adjust how the beans sit in your ears. My best sounding fit is just let it sit without pushing it further down my ear. If I want more bass, I can just push it further into my ear canal.

Aug 15, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #24,824 of 63,207
The bass will toned down after awhile. I did the same thing at first tho I used the Clear EQ setting then now just use normal EQ. You can also play with the fit and adjust how the beans sit in your ears. My best sounding fit is just let it sit without pushing it further down my ear. If I want more bass, I can just push it further into my ear canal.

I understand what you're saying and what bugs me about the fit is the inconsistency. It's definitely not as consistent as something that has silicone or foam tips than go into your ear canal. What bugs me about the beans is wondering whether both are inserted the same and I'm getting the same sound on each side, and the same sound each time I put them in.

I don't see the bass taming down enough for me to like them on the normal EQ setting. Even the clear setting has too much bass for my tastes. I'm just not a bass head in the slightest, and prefer lots of clarity instead of lots of warmth.

Switching back to my EQ'ed WF1000xm3 things sound the way I want them to and have much more clarity. Not sure the dynamics and clarity are going to be good enough on the beans for me to keep them. I liked the whole idea of the open design and lack of isolation when I want that, but even with the design they have and the ANC off even my voice sounds different to me and not at all like an open back full size headphone.

I'll give them more of a chance in the coming days, but idk.

Edit: listening to some of the songs I use to test for treble resolution or clarity or detail or whatever you want to call it, and on the XM3's it's about as good as it gets, and on the Beans the clarity and resolution just isn't there. It's sort of the same problem I had with the original Galaxy Buds, and idk if it's a Bluetooth thing or what, but the XM3 on the same AAC codec just doesn't sound bad at all.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #24,825 of 63,207
Listed on Drop already...
https://drop.com/buy/trn-bt20s-pro-bluetooth-5-0-module-adapter?utm_placement=1&referer=PTXLP7&mode=guest_open&utm_campaign=Automated Daily Promotional 2020-08-15&utm_source=SparkPost&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Daily Promotional&utm_content=1597472882661.191425161926343703931389
Also saw it on Ali express. BUUUUT...What! Both times it makes you choose MMCX, .75mm two pin, or .78mm two pin. Stupid. Where is the MMCX and two pin of your choice option. We don't want replaceable just because of damage. We want to swap out to use with both types of connectors. Really not gonna include both an MMCX and two-pin?

Wow seems cheaper on DROP than Aliexpress even. Yeah but big bummer they ain't selling the modules separately currently. That's the whole point of this design right?

I've never bought from DROP, so any of you guys know how is the DROP return policies/refunds if a product is defective? I've not the greatest trust in TRN QC from my past experiences, so just to cover bases that we might need to contact CS for QC problems down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back