Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 14, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #24,751 of 62,436
Sorry if I missed it, but did you share your thoughts yet regarding SQ and ANC performance? I see the white panasonics on amazon warehouse for 128€ and that's a mild itch, especially since I still have to wait 10 days until I receive my GBeans ...
I do like the sound quality. The highs and mids are crisp and very well resolved without being bright or sibilant. Mids sounds just right in the mix. It's not overly bassy, bass comes on when the music calls for it, and when it hits, it hits hard and fast without being flabby. I would probably like a wider soundstage, but it's not bad, standard iem soundstage. Do note that the above impression is with the accoustune aet07 tips which emphasizes mids and highs. The Panasonic's sound signature does change quite a fair bit with different tips, I tried the spinfit cp350 and they sounded warmer.

ANC is very good, I feel it's slightly better than the Sony and airpods pro. The ambient mode sounds loud at the highest setting, the external sound is unmistakeably from a mic so it's not as natural as say, the airpods. The sound signature and soundstage remains the same whether ANC or ambient are on or off, unlike the Sony and airpods where the sound signature and soundstage differs from the off mode. The Panasonic also does not have any hiss.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #24,752 of 62,436
I do like the sound quality. The highs and mids are crisp and very well resolved without being bright or sibilant. Mids sounds just right in the mix. It's not overly bassy, bass comes on when the music calls for it, and when it hits, it hits hard and fast without being flabby. I would probably like a wider soundstage, but it's not bad, standard iem soundstage. Do note that the above impression is with the accoustune aet07 tips which emphasizes mids and highs. The Panasonic's sound signature does change quite a fair bit with different tips, I tried the spinfit cp350 and they sounded warmer.

ANC is very good, I feel it's slightly better than the Sony and airpods pro. The ambient mode sounds loud at the highest setting, the external sound is unmistakeably from a mic so it's not as natural as say, the airpods. The sound signature and soundstage remains the same whether ANC or ambient are on or off, unlike the Sony and airpods where the sound signature and soundstage differs from the off mode. The Panasonic also does not have any hiss.
Argh ... so tempting! !!! ... I mean ... i could say I order these ... and then when the GBeans come I have to decide WHICH ONE TO KEEP ... (knowing me I might keep both :D )

Thanks for taking the time ... now ... white or black ...

(and a few YT reviews later ... I am usually not a big fan of Flossy C, but he says those bump the xm3 from his personal top 3 ANC list .. so, at least I should give them a listen ... they shall arrive Monday! )

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #24,753 of 62,436
Looks like the HiBy WH3 is available to buy (unique ability to change the crossover between the BA and Dynamic driver).
https://moonstarreviews.net/hiby-wh3-tws-earphone-review/

Also got my Jaybird X4 for the office use. It's funny that they updated the BT bitpool from 2/37 (X3) to 2/53 (X4) - max Windows bitrate - but Samsung refuses to do it on its newest products :cry:

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #24,755 of 62,436
Argh ... so tempting! !!! ... I mean ... i could say I order these ... and then when the GBeans come I have to decide WHICH ONE TO KEEP ... (knowing me I might keep both :D )

Thanks for taking the time ... now ... white or black ...
I think the Panasonic will appeal to a wide variety of people, especially head-fiers, unless one is an extreme bass head. It doesn't really do anything wrong.

I'm was tempted by the beans too, but from impressions here so far, I think I probably won't like the mellow sound signature. Maybe I'll try to listen to them when they do get released in stores over in my country.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #24,759 of 62,436
I think the Panasonic will appeal to a wide variety of people, especially head-fiers, unless one is an extreme bass head. It doesn't really do anything wrong.

I'm was tempted by the beans too, but from impressions here so far, I think I probably won't like the mellow sound signature. Maybe I'll try to listen to them when they do get released in stores over in my country.

(and a few YT reviews later ... I am usually not a big fan of Flossy C, but he says those bump the xm3 from his personal top 3 ANC list .. so, at least I should give them a listen ... they shall arrive Monday! )

As for them Beans, I can imagine that I like the sound, the shape, but maybe not so much the ANC ... i am curious if I feel like they fit secure enough for running, since I believe they will be thudless ... maybe I end up with keeping the Panasonic, send back the Beans and buy them someday when they are on sale ... or when the Copy Artists in China have a decent version :D

Aug 14, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #24,760 of 62,436
Unless you're banned? lol...Spoken like a true junkie. no judgement here though, i've contributed to plenty openbox sales myself.
I've actually slowed down quite a bit recently at Best Buy, as inventory of new items has been spotty. There are some E8 3rd Gen available, but at $350, that's just a rip. No ANC for that price either. B&O has been having quarter-over-quarter losses which is likely due to their pricing strategy. Why would I buy the H9 3rd Gen for $500 when there are way better options available for hundreds less? Come on B&O, you can be premium without flat out price gouging (at least trying to, but failing).

Aug 14, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #24,762 of 62,436
They have them at Best Buy. Unless you’re banned, get them there. 🙂
heaheaeha... you implying you know "someone" who is banned from Best Buy?

Aug 14, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #24,764 of 62,436

more mellow-ish SQ, then mellow.

I watched 4 or 5 YouTube reviews on the beans and I think everyone is missing the point by implicitly comparing the beans to a variety of "in-ear" tws earphones or the galaxy buds plus. The SQ of the beans is very much akin to an earbud, which is sort of alluded to when most everyone describes them as apple airpod-like in fit. (the beans fit way better than airpods, by the way.) However, beans are way, way better sounding than airpods, not even remotely in the same league. It goes without saying, IEMs will sound more intimate and earbuds offer a spacious soundstage. The beans at first listen have a wide soundstage but not as much depth as I expect in a good many of my earbuds. (I'll have to spend more time with them to confirm my initial observations. I picked them up in SoCal as I was driving back to the SF Bay Area, so all my listening was in the car, driving.)

As many of you know, earbuds are different in how they present sound as compared to IEMs. Pretty much on the order of comparing IEMs to headphones, earbuds are fundamentally different from IEMs. Given all this, the bass on the beans is ridiculously phenomenal. There can be the perception of bloat because there's so much damn bass, even on the "normal" setting. Someone mentioned making sure to actually NOT try to establish a seal with the beans. I agree. I place them loosely in my ear and actually eq the bass down an additional 2dB.

As I mentioned in a previous post, if you think you're going to get ANC out of the beans, forget it. The call quality is superb, by the way. They do a great job of canceling out ambient noise during a call. They are right up there with the Apple Airpods Pro in call quality (though maybe a smidge under the APP.)

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #24,765 of 62,436

DigDub's description of the sound and ANC characteristics dovetail with my experience with the S500s. I use the Xelastec M tips. I returned the XM3s. As I have noted, the S500s don't sound that dissimilar to my B&W P7 Wireless when volume matched, just can't get as loud and slightly less weight to the music. They're great for my intended use- exercise walking, travel (whenever that resumes), and casual listening. Mowing the lawn is a treat with these!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back