Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 11, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #24,631 of 62,435
Commuting with face masks really puts TWS from the "like to have category" into the "must have category".

I am starting to feel that way as well, eapecially if you wear glasses. There is only so much you can behind your ears.

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #24,632 of 62,435
I think they would be ideal for cycling.

I think so too. I was just out on my patio with the Galaxy Buds Live and I could hear my air conditioner, cars driving by, and the guy mowing the lawn across the street with my music on at a low volume.

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #24,633 of 62,435
How do you feel about the usability of the Senn MW2? I think most people consider them to be the standard when it comes to sound quality but I've read that the usability of the MW2s leaves alot to be desired.

It is awesome.
Sound quality is spectacular. It is a high end Sennheiser sound for sure.
ANC works excellent, not Bose or Sony closed back kinda excellent, but definitely much better than Airpods Pro.
Fit and comfort are awesome as well. It is not worth testing a bunch of Chinese no-name brands to see a great sound etc, and dealing with returns, purchases...
Sennheiser definitely fixed the issues they had with the 1st generation.1st gen was great in sound as well, but rest was bad, connection issues, battery issues etc. MTW2 definitely is my go to headphones right now.

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #24,634 of 62,435
Sabbat Vooplay... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001286685971.html?spm=2114.12010611.8148356.10.5bed5de0ytL7hZ
Big 14.2 bio-fiber driver, aptX/AAC, USB-C, 6/40 hours total volume control, and plenty of colors to choose from. Obviously not to be bought at the opening see if we can get it Ali price as it should drop soon but kinda interesting for those not needing ANC etc. the like and just for listening especially is the streamline design is useful to you.
1597165532212.png

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #24,637 of 62,435
So, have been reading quite a lot of pages here, but still have some doubts.... What's the general consensus about the best TWS with ANC, and with a good audio quality, excluding the Sony? I'll be using a Samsung S9+ and would like to have aptX or the Samsung Scalable Codec.
I've read the Panasonic are "stellar" in terms of ANC, anyone can confirm?

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #24,638 of 62,435
So, have been reading quite a lot of pages here, but still have some doubts.... What's the general consensus about the best TWS with ANC, and with a good audio quality, excluding the Sony? I'll be using a Samsung S9+ and would like to have aptX or the Samsung Scalable Codec.
I've read the Panasonic are "stellar" in terms of ANC, anyone can confirm?
I have the Panasonic's and they have terrific ANC and sound very good. I prefer their sound over the Sony XM3- better balance but still good bass response. In fact, they hold their own with my B&W P7 wireless- just not quite as full sounding and can't get nearly as loud. The Technics are likely similar with slightly better sound, though I have not heard them. However, the Panasonic/Technics TWS's do not have aptX- AAC and SBC only.

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #24,639 of 62,435
My impression is pretty much the same as yours. Very well balanced sound with excellent resolution. It doesn't resort to a very bright sound signature to create the illusion of treble details or an overly bassy sound to give weight to the sound. The noise cancellation is probably one of the best out of the tws buds I have (Sony xm3, airpods pro and ath 300tw). And I love the fact that all controls are available through the buds including volume control. My only complaint is probably the large surface area of the touchpad which results in accidental touches when trying to adjust the buds in the ear.
Thanks! Great all-around TWS! I compared them to my B&W P7 wireless and while not quite as full sounding they do hold their own. Definitely keepers!

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #24,641 of 62,435
Sabbat Vooplay... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001286685971.html?spm=2114.12010611.8148356.10.5bed5de0ytL7hZ
Big 14.2 bio-fiber driver, aptX/AAC, USB-C, 6/40 hours total volume control, and plenty of colors to choose from. Obviously not to be bought at the opening see if we can get it Ali price as it should drop soon but kinda interesting for those not needing ANC etc. the like and just for listening especially is the streamline design is useful to you.
1597165532212.png

Nice, another semi open from Sabbat ... but yeah, let's wait for the price to come down a bit..

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #24,642 of 62,435
Can anyone with the GBL / Beans shed some light on the pair of 'eartips' they come with (as I spotted in one YT video).
I guess they fit on the charging ports nubsies and make for a better fit? Pictures please?

nubsi.jpg

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #24,643 of 62,435
I haven't checked the codec being used but I can't imagine it would make a difference, when ANC is turned on there is a massive bass boost that makes them pretty much unusable, I'm pretty sure others had commented on that too. Maybe there are different hardware/firmware versions...

So I checked my pair of Apollo Bold with another Android phone with both SBC and AptxHD and I can confirm the sound degradation is spectacular when ANC is turned ON, the high-end is completely muffled and the bass is boosted. TBH it's unusable for proper musical enjoyment ! I suppose I could try with my iPad but I can't see how the device could have an impact on the way ANC works on the Bold.

Aug 11, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #24,645 of 62,435
Nice, another semi open from Sabbat ... but yeah, let's wait for the price to come down a bit..

Video...

Qi charge capable it seems as well. Bigger stage and same sound quality with no run in isn't bad. The leather style case covering may be good and bad. Cool look and good to hold and grip but like he said it will get beat up before long. But if they are $50 or even less not a deal breaker.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back