Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 9, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #24,526 of 62,458
I want to collect more wireless IEMs, but reluctant since it's like you're "renting" them for about 5 years before the lithium batteries deteriorate.
What bugs me about this is that we basically buy tomorrow’s trash!
The trash heap of used electronics is already like the size of several hundreds of cruise ships (last year’s dump 350 cruise ships!)
I am aware that I am not a shining example of minimalism ...

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #24,527 of 62,458
I want to collect more wireless IEMs, but reluctant since it's like you're "renting" them for about 5 years before the lithium batteries deteriorate.
You can easily change the battery on Samsung Galaxy Buds and Buds plus. I don't know any other brand that you can easily change the battery on their TWS.

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #24,528 of 62,458
What kind of sorcery does samsung do to make the bass on a supposedly open IEM so freaking good. The more I am listening to the GBeans, the more I appreciate by the design and tuning that went into this buds. Linkin Park - Lying from You, Grimes - Venus Fly and Lorde - Glory and Gore done beautifully on the beans. And what amaze me even more is I am using my windows 10 desktop and no cracking/distortion that I always hear when using the Gbuds and Gbuds plus. The only EQ I use on my GBeans is +2dB on 10khz and +3dB on 14khz. I don't know if the EQ from Galaxy Wearable app is saved into the buds even when not connecting it to my phone or not. If it saved then I am using the "clear" EQ. ANC and ambiance is turned off. Oh and Blue Man Group - How to be a Megastar album really shows the soundstage capability of the Gbeans.
My spider senses get more and more tingly on those. How would you rate the ANC?
i already was about to order from amazon, but still ... anyone here tried them in iOS environment? I think I read somewhere they even do AAC?

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #24,529 of 62,458
My spider senses get more and more tingly on those. How would you rate the ANC?
i already was about to order from amazon, but still ... anyone here tried them in iOS environment? I think I read somewhere they even do AAC?
I tried the ANC on outside my work place and it mostly eliminates the wind noise, fan noise, fridge noise. I can still hear people chat, car passing by, plastic bag crunching easily without any music. With music, I can barely hear outside noise. Like right now the central AC in my house is on, with music on and ANC off, I don't even hear the AC at all lol. But I tried as I said earlier when I was in my work place that it is quite noticeable difference from ANC on and off. Like your world suddenly went quiet with the noises, but you can still clearly hear people talking, etc.

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #24,530 of 62,458
Oh really? I thought the case was covered under warranty since it is not an accessory but rather an integral part of the earphones (such as charger). It is crazy if they don't cover the case under warranty at this price.

I get 4 hours of use with ANC ON, tested a few times already on my MTW2.
I remember that from last week when we compared, What about with ANC off? sennheiser may have changed what's covered, or i got a rep who gave me incorrect information, i think the case should be covered as well, for the obvious reason you point out here. I couldn't believe it when she told me that. But i was trying to ask @TK33 about his battery life on the MTW. That's the one i'm refering to, not the MTW2.

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #24,531 of 62,458
I haven't been able to listen for any extended period of time recently due to constantly being on calls and use my speakers more these days than IEMs but will try to test it out this week.
Awesome thanks. Yeah been using my speakers more as well. I'm probably gonna have to put my HD800S away so they don't collect dust. which i never thought i'd say.

Aug 9, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #24,532 of 62,458
I remember that from last week when we compared, What about with ANC off? sennheiser may have changed what's covered, or i got a rep who gave me incorrect information, i think the case should be covered as well, for the obvious reason you point out here. I couldn't believe it when she told me that. But i was trying to ask @TK33 about his battery life on the MTW. That's the one i'm refering to, not the MTW2.
With ANC off, I get 4 hours 40 minutes. Yeah try contacting Sennheiser again, could be that rep didn't give out correct info. I understand physical damage to the case being out of warranty but this is a defect in normal functionality and should be covered imo.

Aug 9, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #24,533 of 62,458
With ANC off, I get 4 hours 40 minutes. Yeah try contacting Sennheiser again, could be that rep didn't give out correct info. I understand physical damage to the case being out of warranty but this is a defect in normal functionality and should be covered imo.
yeah i think i mentioned it earlier today, but the case actually did break. It fell from an ottoman to a soft carpet and the hhinge broke. Battery degredation came afterwords. I don't think this will be an issue with the MTW2, or at least not as easily broken, the case is the same yes, but the lid feels more stable than the MTW1 case lid ever did.

Aug 9, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #24,534 of 62,458
Not sure if this has been posted (we are at 1636 pages after all now... :wink:) but...
Gave the Mavin Air-XR to my son and he made an interesting discovery, the buds can be charged in either slot. I verified this with a DMM (they smartly reversed the charging polarity on one of the buds):
RIGHT.jpg LEFT.jpg

Aug 10, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #24,538 of 62,458

Users who are viewing this thread

Back