Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 12, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #23,431 of 63,098
Has anyone seen the the new Klipsch T5 II? Set to release in August. They look pretty promising, but they are $200+, so nothing special then.

They've only launched a product page for the T5 II Sport (Mclaren editon, but the non Mclaren will be exactly the same but without the branding).

https://www.klipsch.com/products/t5-ii-true-wireless-earphones-mclaren

But I guess we'll see more information about the T5 II edition any week now.

Im actually considering to buy the T5 II sport, since I can find uses for them long term, anytime you're doing anything physically demanding.... IP 67 rated (full Dust and Water protection), great battery life (8+24h) and a moisture removal system in the case. They should sound decent as well, even though I'll probably wait for a few reviews so I can see if the moisture removal system is pure marketing or an actual useful function.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #23,433 of 63,098
They are master slave unfortunately. Crinacle rates N400 as his favorite TWS. But lack of warranty, poor battery life and lack of APTX are definitely big cons. The app also shows wrong model(at times) for earbuds and you can't control the buds anymore but that I guess they may fix in future update. The graph shows they should have lower quantity of bass than the MT2 and treble also seems a little recessed from the graph.

Assuming that means you can't use the left bud by itself unless the right bud is out of the case?

Jul 12, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #23,434 of 63,098
Jul 12, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #23,435 of 63,098
But yea for US customers that can get them from Amazon.com the last part isn't an issue.

Did.Samsung actually release these outside of Korea? I have been keeping an eye on these but I dont see them being sold by Amazon.com in the US. Only a seller called Lucky Fortuna if you want Prime shipping. Is that who you guys have been buying from if you are in the US? Are they an official distributor?

It says "International Version" on the product page, which I usually interpret to mean no warranty.

Jul 12, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #23,437 of 63,098
Pics & dimensions?
After a few back and forth emails asking where to buy them, then what the eartips make / model are and who makes them, they sent me a screen shot of an Indiegogo page:
image.png
And, this was their last email:

"Dear Scott
Thanks for your great support!
Please kindly note that these foam ear-tips cannot be sold separately and we can only provide you the size of them so that you could buy other kinds of ear-tips with the same size.
Sorry for any inconvenience!"

I've found these foam tips - a foam ring around a solid connecting core - fit my ear well and hold in the KZ S2 solidly, and are low profile enough to fit in the charging case.

Does anyone have any idea where to get them? :)

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #23,439 of 63,098
Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #23,440 of 63,098
On the app 3.2.9 and 3.9 on earbuds
I believe my buds were on 3.9. Volume up and Down, as well as, Transparency on/off swipes would never work on the first try. :frowning2:

Jul 12, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #23,441 of 63,098
Did.Samsung actually release these outside of Korea? I have been keeping an eye on these but I dont see them being sold by Amazon.com in the US. Only a seller called Lucky Fortuna if you want Prime shipping. Is that who you guys have been buying from if you are in the US? Are they an official distributor?

It says "International Version" on the product page, which I usually interpret to mean no warranty.
I bought from Lucky Fortuna.

Jul 12, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #23,444 of 63,098
Me too. I didn't think about no warranty. Just assumed there must be if they were sold on an Amazon. Hmm.
Curious if anyone else has app issues and swiping issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back