Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 22, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #22,786 of 62,436
There's a new QCY T5 version called the T5 Pro, apparently it uses BA drivers and have the T3's swipe to control volume feature

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #22,787 of 62,436
hey everyone.

got my Alien Secret iems 3 days ago. intiial impressions are as follows:

build quality and comfort WAY above the QCY T5. the case feels more solid and looks good. so do the iems - pretty well finished and quite small. comfort is otherwordly - stays in my ears with every tip imaginable :) even mywifewho has pixie ears and couldn't get the QCY T5 to stay in her ears, can literally dance in these and they stay and don't fall off.

the battery last very long and It does charge wireless. very cool.

now for the sound - I like it but there is one major downside - the sub base region is TOO elevated for my taste and even though it is very well controlled, it still is too loud. I equalize it down a notch right arounდ 50-80 herz mark and then it becomes fantastic.had an impression that it was a slightly bright, almost hissy iem, but I'd say it is a well pronounced L shape curve, with too long a foot :)
That’s the new ones?

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #22,788 of 62,436
Going on a 5 night trip and can’t decide which tws I dare leave behind. This is what I have so far that HAS to come along :wink:

53D95527-116B-4E2D-95BD-DDA7DE5084E9.jpeg

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #22,790 of 62,436
If it is only mentioned in the specs and on none of the pretty advertising pics, I usually call BS ...
They would advertise the heck out of it if it really had BA ...
5BDB8244-E979-42A5-ADF7-3519B8D55419.jpeg

yup, they only mentioned it on the written description, while the ad pictures are still in chinese

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #22,791 of 62,436
Going on a 5 night trip and can’t decide which tws I dare leave behind. This is what I have so far that HAS to come along :wink:

I went for a 3-day 2-night trip to Estes Park CO, and just got back. I brought my XM3, Powerbeats Pro, APP, GBuds+, and Jabra 75t with me. I just ordered the MW07 Plus to see if I like them more than the buggy XM3, before it's too late to return the XM3, and should have them by the end of the week.

But, I only used my Powerbeats Pro for bike rides, and my XM3 with ANC to block out the noisy refrigerator for watching YouTube videos on my MacBook at night so as to not disturb my wife.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #22,793 of 62,436
How's the SQ with the pixel buds 2? Cursory look at reviews seemed not too impressed.
Sound isn't bad at all imo. I've read some reviews as well, and rereading some of them after owning the pixelbuds makes me wonder if they had any fit issues. i need to spend more time with them but initially, to me they sound very similar to the Airpods pro. Similar type of bass, clearer mor full sounding mids across the board, and slightly better high end. And i wouldn't be surprised if the sound profile was tweeked by google at some point, both because they've mentioned feature drops coming specificly for the pixel buds, and because of the potential i hear in the drivers. I was on the phone with my mom a few days ago and she was going through a menue on her sattelite remote and there was this bassy tone that came through a couple times, probably after making a selection, but i felt that in the pixelbuds similar to how i can feel piano notes in songs. All things considered, i think they're worth what i payed for them. I wouldn't pay full price for them, partially because of the great sounding cheaper options that exist. E.G. the drivers and tuning on the pixelbuds are not better than the l2p or N6P. if you want these, i'd wait for a sale.

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #22,795 of 62,436
So after reading many reviews about the TRN BT20S, i can confidently say they are believed to be somewhere between 'Amazing' and 'Trash'
, but take that with a grain of salt. :relieved:

Like many other things from Aliexpress it's just a case of rolling those quality control 🎲 🎲

I got snake eyes on mine. Otherwise I would probably talk about how amazing they are for the price...

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #22,796 of 62,436
You are right that the aren't many options, but this one is the closest I've found to the PX100ii. They are the Status BT One and to my ears they sound pretty similar to the PX100ii. Battery life is 30 hours, Aptx, and they go for around $60 USD of you get a discount code. They are my go to portable BT headphones. I highly recommend them!

I actually replaced my PX100ii with AKG Y45BTs for a bit (they're pretty much the smallest BT over ears that - again - isn't the Porta Pro BT), but those pretty much died on me a while back.

The Status actually doesn't look half bad, considering the next one on my list is a helluva lot dearer (the Razer Opus).

Problem is, might not be easy to find shops that actually send these to the neck of the Asian woods that I'm located at lol.

I'll give them a peek anyway, who knows.

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #22,798 of 62,436
I actually replaced my PX100ii with AKG Y45BTs for a bit (they're pretty much the smallest BT over ears that - again - isn't the Porta Pro BT), but those pretty much died on me a while back.

The Status actually doesn't look half bad, considering the next one on my list is a helluva lot dearer (the Razer Opus).

Problem is, might not be easy to find shops that actually send these to the neck of the Asian woods that I'm located at lol.

I'll give them a peek anyway, who knows.
The Status BT One sound great and are comfortable, but they're built like a child's toy. If that's not an issue for you, $60 doesn't sound bad. You can also add in some ANC if you want to roll with the AKG N60NC Wireless for $97. AKG's website had them for $77 the other day, but $97 is still a great deal. Comfortable, good build & sound.
https://www.amazon.com/AKG-Cancelling-Headphones-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B0721KKLB4

Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 also on sale for $79. If you're not a big BA fan or sensitive to treble, these have a nice DD that EQ nicely.
https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Earphones-Personalized-Cancelling/dp/B07SKJNCXM/

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #22,799 of 62,436
The Status BT One sound great and are comfortable, but they're built like a child's toy. If that's not an issue for you, $60 doesn't sound bad. You can also add in some ANC if you want to roll with the AKG N60NC Wireless for $97. AKG's website had them for $77 the other day, but $97 is still a great deal. Comfortable, good build & sound.
https://www.amazon.com/AKG-Cancelling-Headphones-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B0721KKLB4

Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 also on sale for $79. If you're not a big BA fan or sensitive to treble, these have a nice DD that EQ nicely.
https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Earphones-Personalized-Cancelling/dp/B07SKJNCXM/
That AKG looking dope.

Jun 22, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #22,800 of 62,436

Good price on LA2, although at $99 I returned mine the sound wasn't much better than the FIIL T1X if I was able to get the T1X fit correct (it takes a few minutes to get the flexed binder up drivers to release). The LA2 had a slightly more grainy or artificial treble, which would EQ okay. But vs T1X the LA2 had the addition of (1) auto-pause when removed and (2) Qi charging, and (3) less driver flex issues. I did use the EQ to help make them a little more energetic sounding. So, for $79 they'd be worth it for someone who wants to avoid the T1X driver flex and stay under $100.

I was using my Gbuds+ and Jabra 75t more due to the ambient or transparency mode, which I decided was too important from this point forward. So, I also returned the FIIL T1X for the driver flex in the right driver, although they let me keep them as a defective set. I keep some 3rd party olive-shape tips on them and keep them in my car as a spare set for TW emergencies. Since they have already been written off as defective, I will not sell the T1X where someone else can make a second warranty claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back