Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 18, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #22,711 of 62,439
Indecisiveness ... I am now more leaning towards keeping the XM3 ... they do sound really nice ... and I can still try all kinds of tips.

Other reason is that I probably get some money back from AE .. finally they let me file disputes for stuff that's long overdue (before the dispute system would say 'it is still on the way, please wait some more'), one minor dispute already 'won', so, no QCY T5 for me :D .. the bigger ticket items are still being decided by AE's bots ... one of them is the ~100$ Edifier TWS NB (yep, no 69$ offer for me) and if that comes through I might order here from amazon for 99€ ...

Jun 18, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #22,712 of 62,439
I'm in California. I ordered a pair of KZ Z1 from Linsoul on 5/7/20. It was shipped out a week later and arrived in in the USA (New York) on 5/15/20. To date, according to the tracking from SF Express (the crappy delivery service they use for "free shipping), it is still in New York as of today - over a month later. A little over a week ago, I requested a refund as it's pretty obvious it's never going to arrive. Linsoul's customer service on this issue was fair and they refunded me. If you are going to buy something from Linsoul and having it shipped to the USA, pay the extra $12 for express shipping - I think you'll have a better chance of it arriving.
I ordered a cable on 6/16 from them and just got a shipment notification half an hour ago.

Thanks, both. Guess I'll stay patient. Ordered on 6/13 and still hasn't shipped out.

Jun 18, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #22,713 of 62,439
Indecisiveness ... I am now more leaning towards keeping the XM3 ... they do sound really nice ... and I can still try all kinds of tips.

Other reason is that I probably get some money back from AE .. finally they let me file disputes for stuff that's long overdue (before the dispute system would say 'it is still on the way, please wait some more'), one minor dispute already 'won', so, no QCY T5 for me :D .. the bigger ticket items are still being decided by AE's bots ... one of them is the ~100$ Edifier TWS NB (yep, no 69$ offer for me) and if that comes through I might order here from amazon for 99€ ...

it grows on you, isn't? :o2smile:
like i said, i also a bit underwhelmed the first time i heard the XM3's sound, but after really listening to it, it easily jumps to the upper tier of my most favorite earphones list. the bass kick is really smooth yet fast, and the overall spacial cues (reverb, delays, etc) are really well presented

i found an authorized seller of the Tronsmart in my local online shop, and they already have the Onyx Free. now I'm reeeeally tempted to buy both the Onyx Free and the Ace

Jun 18, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #22,714 of 62,439
I'd suggest to try spiral dots M if you have some at hand.
They are a bit taller and (to my eyes) a little bit wider than the stock (non shallow) tips. Maybe those few extra mm are enough to get a proper sealing.
They fit fine in the case, not as perfect as with stock tips, but you can even keep the lid closed.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have any Sprial Dots. They're $18 on Amazon and unfortunately, I can't justify spending another $18 to take a chance to make these SiFi 2 work for me. The SiFi 2 came with both standard and shallow tips in all the sizes, but none of them work for me. When I have listened to them while gently pressing them in deeper, they do sound very good. The last straw for me was just a few minutes ago when I had to fight with them to get them out of the case. They are shaped so that there is absolutely nothing to grab onto or get leverage to pop them out - the widest point of the earbud is flush with the inset of the case and they get thinner towards the touch control, which gives you nothing to grab onto. It's like they are shaped to stay in the case. I wish they would work, but they are going back.

Jun 18, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #22,715 of 62,439
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have any Sprial Dots. They're $18 on Amazon and unfortunately, I can't justify spending another $18 to take a chance to make these SiFi 2 work for me. The SiFi 2 came with both standard and shallow tips in all the sizes, but none of them work for me. When I have listened to them while gently pressing them in deeper, they do sound very good. The last straw for me was just a few minutes ago when I had to fight with them to get them out of the case. They are shaped so that there is absolutely nothing to grab onto or get leverage to pop them out - the widest point of the earbud is flush with the inset of the case and they get thinner towards the touch control, which gives you nothing to grab onto. It's like they are shaped to stay in the case. I wish they would work, but they are going back.
Yeah I initially stuck the Spinfit CP360 on mine and thought they fit in the case but they were actually slightly loose so the charging kept dropping in and out. As you said, the most annoying thing is the width being an issue as well as the depth so even stubby tips from other TWS I have don't fit very well.

So far the Soundpeats Truefree+ are the only TWS I've had that can fit every tip I've tried in their case, even CP100's which are pretty deep. Unfortunately they're a few years old now, don't sound the best and their controls are awful (non touch & stiff buttons, not a fun combo).

Luckily I can get a decent fit with the standard buds but I can see your frustration. As for getting them out I also had issues at first but I've discovered that if you push on the buds from the middle of the case out towards the side they lift out and then you can grab them.

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #22,717 of 62,439

Yeah, it's a shame but I don't think it's worth it spending more cash on the spirals just to find out they still don't fix the fit for you.
Regarding getting them out the case, the trick for me is pushing the units outwards. They will slide out from the socket and you'll be able to grab them easily.
Good luck!

Jun 18, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #22,719 of 62,439
Is it just me or does the case seem to drain more if you charge it with a cable rather than wireless charging overnight?

That is weird. I pretty much only wireless charge mine and set them to the side, so my phone can charge over night.

At least there is no case draining issues like the original MTW.

Jun 18, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #22,720 of 62,439
Just got a few more tips for my wf1000xm3. I've been having trouble with silicone tips for them, and ive had a pair of Spinfit tips, but I don't know which model, but I've never had good luck with them on any IEM.

Well the Spinfit CP360 fit the wf1000xm3 well, and the size medium fits my ears well. Immediate comfort is good, and sound is good. I'm not sure how long term comfort is with this combo yet though. They seem to be secure in my ears as well, but that will take some time to be completely sure of as well.

I also got some of the Comply Smartcore Audio Pro tips in size medium as well, but I haven't tried them yet.

The TWS version of the Dekoni Bulletz fits the wf1000xm3 well and comfort, stability in the ears, and the sound is good with them as well.

About 45 minutes in and the CP360 and wf1000xm3 combo is working well for my ears. I'm liking this a lot so far. With the EQ settings I'm using they kind of remind me of my Elear with Utopia pads, obviously not as good, but the FR is close enough for me.

Well I also just tried the Comply Smartcore Audio Pro tips and the size medium that I ordered is just too big. They also make the wf1000xm3 stick way out of my ears. They just aren't going to work. So I'll be using the CP360's when I want silicone, and the Dekoni Bulletz when I want to use foams.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #22,721 of 62,439
That's great news! Thanks for posting your initial reaction; how are they doing now after breaking in over the last 10 days?

Sorry I didn't see your reply sooner, I'm very happy to see you like them. :)

I selected a pair of the KZ S2's as a perk, I also got the Comply tips perk. I was hoping KZ would get this iteration of a TWS correct...

My contribution #'s are in the low 59xx - , and I received a tracking number June 4th, but the package(s) haven't moved since:

DHL - June 04, 2020 7:53pm - Shipment information received
I really haven't listened to the KZ's much, but I was surprised at how good they sounded for the price. When I listen to wireless, I use the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW--they sound really good, but not as good as my drowned Sony XM3's. The KZ's are a backup.

I hope you enjoy your KZ S2's.

Jun 19, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #22,722 of 62,439
apparently the Tronsmart Onyx Free has a really bad call quality

Jun 19, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #22,723 of 62,439

I spoke too early, Amazon.de just lowered the price of those Edifiers from 99€ to 79€ ...

My disputing with AliEx is going well, so far 5 out of 7 have been decided in my favor, the last 2 they ask to still wait a bit (despite being way past the initial 60 day mark), one is that Edifier, they ask for 1 more day :) (the other is an Anker, they ask for 11 more days)

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #22,724 of 62,439
Edifier ANC, hum...not many reviews on Amazon, can't remember if we got some feedback here ? Hard to think it's not "weak sauce" ANC for that price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back