Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 9, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #21,902 of 62,680
For those with APPs, do you experience a static (almost windy sounding) noise when there’s no music playing in ANC and Transparency modes? I’ve just had both of my APPs replaced because of this, and the replacements still exhibit the same issue. This noise isn’t apparent in the ‘Off’ mode, however.
I reported that mine with the 2D15 firmware have a little bit of background white noise now in ANC mode with no music, but it’s very quiet and not intrusive and does not sound like wind.

May 9, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #21,905 of 62,680
How big is Sony WF-1000xm3 case are they pocket friendly?

Pocketable, if you have empty or largish pockets.

I meant to post these comparison pics earlier but this works out to help answer your question :).

L2P, XM3, Air-XR and X12 Pro cases and earphones.

IMG_20200428_082119.jpg
IMG_20200428_082220.jpg
IMG_20200502_002052.jpg

May 9, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #21,908 of 62,680
For those with APPs, do you experience a static (almost windy sounding) noise when there’s no music playing in ANC and Transparency modes? I’ve just had both of my APPs replaced because of this, and the replacements still exhibit the same issue. This noise isn’t apparent in the ‘Off’ mode, however.
I had an issue with my left earpiece causing some static tapping noise periodically in certain cases when I'm jogging. I get no windy noises either. I called up Apple and got replacement pieces. It's interesting how they do the replacements. They don't replace the whole set, they just replace the part that is the issue. Oddly, they sent each earpiece on a separate packge with additional tips in them. I got two tracking from Apple for each earpieces. So, weird.

These earpieces came with 3 sets of tips, and I notice the tips had wax guard on them. The old ones I had didn't have wax guard. Weird.

After using APP for jogging on the streets I'm starting to realize that earpieces start to slide out while jogging. Stays put most of the time, but slides out tiny bit at a time over a period of stomping the feet on the ground.

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #21,909 of 62,680
JVC with a little sports model...
1589053034998.png

1589053058881.png

1589053017937.png

They are BT5.0 Class1, IP55, and 4 hour battery. They don't have ambient mode but use ambient tips if you so choose. Might want to wait for the price to drop some from the $79.95 list price but might be a good workout pair when $50 or less if they put a good sounding driver in it.

May 9, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #21,912 of 62,680
The new Tevi's are pretty much perfect, even though i'd like more bass, they sound really excellent.
Suddenly my new Tevis got battery drain issues with the case . The old ones that are not in use, have been on 2 of 4 lights for "ages" now.
The new one goes down one light every other day without use. I haven't used them lately, both for checking the battery drain and because I love my Senn' MTW2 with Symbio F tips :)
I can of course switch case, but I've dropped the old one on the floor making the lid very loose. It's on, but very "flimsy".

May 9, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #21,913 of 62,680
Been after a new pair of headphones for a while and ordered some Galaxy Buds+ for a good price but now I keep mulling over wether I made the right call.

It was between them and the Moondrop Starfield. I mostly listen at home but I do like the convenience of TWS for just being able to move around the house and for when I go out and about.

Am I sacrificing any really noticeable sound quality when I'd just be playing stuff from Spotify though my iPad Pro on the Starfield?

May 9, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #21,914 of 62,680
Been after a new pair of headphones for a while and ordered some Galaxy Buds+ for a good price but now I keep mulling over wether I made the right call.

It was between them and the Moondrop Starfield. I mostly listen at home but I do like the convenience of TWS for just being able to move around the house and for when I go out and about.

Am I sacrificing any really noticeable sound quality when I'd just be playing stuff from Spotify though my iPad Pro on the Starfield?
For what you paid for the buds+, tevi and mavin air xr sounded way better then buds+

May 9, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #21,915 of 62,680
I have the jabra 65t liberty 2 pro and the buds plus.
Overall Anker has the most impressive sound when eq'd.
However I really like the sound on the buds plus. Not sure why more people aren't talking positive about them. The mids and highs are great. Bass is tight and has low extension even if there is not as much quantity as the L2P. Sound stage not as wide as L2P. Find some genres I prefer buds plus however. Especially acoustic and vocals.
Also they are more comfortable smaller and have ambient mode..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back