Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 19, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #21,406 of 62,452
I have the shanling m0. It shows the whole codec except for an SBC which shows the Bluetooth.

IMG_20200419_072930010.jpg
oh cool! I had the M0 several times in my shopping cart, than bought / cancelled ... had just gotten the M1 a few weeks before they announced the M0 .. and by then I was eyeing the M3s for balanced out ... Now this retro looking Q1 is tickling my fancy ... but I really have enough DAPs ... and end up using phone most of the time anyways ... no more DAPs for me!

Apr 19, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #21,408 of 62,452
I guess whatever from Qualcomm that has the thing that replaces "vanilla" TrueWireless Stereo: TW Mirroring. Not sure if certain mobile procs will be needed for it to work (like TWS+) or if it's just a drop in replacement for good ol' TWS... which I hope is the case as that means the improvements it "supposedly" brings aren't locked to certain phone + IEM combos (and a variety of other factors like ROM and stuff).

Specifically, the chips are the QCC514X and QCC304X IINM.

Also there's BT 5.2 and BLE Audio... but that might take a while... even more so now that we're in COVID season.

Thanks, and yes, if those improvement are brought across the board and not just certain combos, that would be fantastic.

Apr 19, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #21,409 of 62,452
I guess whatever from Qualcomm that has the thing that replaces "vanilla" TrueWireless Stereo: TW Mirroring. Not sure if certain mobile procs will be needed for it to work (like TWS+) or if it's just a drop in replacement for good ol' TWS... which I hope is the case as that means the improvements it "supposedly" brings aren't locked to certain phone + IEM combos (and a variety of other factors like ROM and stuff).

Mirroring is like advanced master/slave based on connection quality instead of just battery life. So not true wireless stereo and you don't get the TWS battery gain nor the higher quality audio Qualcomm claims for TWS. Mirroring swaps the connection side to the stronger side(based on signal strength), it allows you you go from both sides to only one side without interruption, and it stops the second additions to the device list. Sure many of us have experienced that when going to the device list you have it listed twice or a second time with L or R after the name. So, mirroring indeed does not require special chips on the phone/player end.

Apr 19, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #21,411 of 62,452
Hi folks - just wondering if anyone has heard chatter regarding next-gen of Fostex TM2, or similar premium TWS CIEM adapter?

It seems like a well-built product but I'm wary of the mixed reviews, lack of AptX HD or LDAC, and complaints of subpar mic fidelity...

I'm not really liking these adapters so much. Who said behind the ears is where you want to be pressing buttons. Why can't they put the battery and controls right in front of the ear and have a slimmer ear hook to go behind the ear perhaps with different lengths/sizes to plug in towards the rear and cable with connector in the middle. Something like the Klipsch design...
1587331125415.png

More ergonomic to press the controls, less chance of thing to bounce around behind the ears, and more flexible to better fit the earphones.

They could make a better design than what they are doing but they are using little imagination.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #21,412 of 62,452
Hi, I have been not keeping up with the wireless segment recently.

Would appreciate much if I could get some recommendations for a sub $50 TWS or bluetooth adapter type (2 pin preferably).
Prefer good battery life, good BT connectivity. Sound is secondary to these two, as my relative I'm getting it for prioritizes the first two areas. Would also be a bonus if it is sweatproof or mildly waterproof.

Thanks in advance!!

Apr 19, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #21,413 of 62,452

Would appreciate much if I could get some recommendations for a sub $50 TWS or bluetooth adapter type (2 pin preferably).
Prefer good battery life, good BT connectivity. Sound is secondary to these two, as my relative I'm getting it for prioritizes the first two areas. Would also be a bonus if it is sweatproof or mildly waterproof.

Thanks in advance!!

Not so many TWS style BT adapter around, my best bet for under $50 is classic TRN BT20S (they have 2 pins and mmcx), the similar Fiio UTWS1 abit more expensive, the other option is Fostex TM2 but that one is expensive.
Im still using BT20 and BT20s (my BT20 is 2 pin, and my BT20s is mmcx), the BT20S is sweat proof and have aptx support and have better built than old BT20 and sounds louder for a little bit expensive price but still under $50.

Apr 19, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #21,414 of 62,452
Not so many TWS style BT adapter around, my best bet for under $50 is classic TRN BT20S (they have 2 pins and mmcx), the similar Fiio UTWS1 abit more expensive, the other option is Fostex TM2 but that one is expensive.
Im still using BT20 and BT20s (my BT20 is 2 pin, and my BT20s is mmcx), the BT20S is sweat proof and have aptx support and have better built than old BT20 and sounds louder for a little bit expensive price but still under $50.

Thanks! I had the BT20 and BT20S. TRN's QC is not the best though, I bought the BT20S for exercise purposes but the BT20S died within a few months of use.
Is there anything TWS or BT earpods style?

Apr 19, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #21,415 of 62,452
Thanks! I had the BT20 and BT20S. TRN's QC is not the best though, I bought the BT20S for exercise purposes but the BT20S died within a few months of use.

Sabbat X12 pro (AAC only)

Or for a bit more Sabbat X12 ultra (aptx & wireless charging).

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #21,416 of 62,452
WHoops sorry for that, my BT20S still ok for around 5 months, while my old BT20 still doing great around 2 years (but i never use this one for exercise)

I have QCY T5 that crin praise that is earpods style if you mean it, but i dont like the 3khz peak (a lot of tws actually worse than this), thus I stick with my Haylout GT1 PLUS, remember the PLUS, not pro, not vanilla that have great tuning IMHO, and I just modded them, take off the cloth mesh, trim 1/4 portion of them and ditched them, put back the 3/4 to the nozzle end. Improving resolution and clarity (they wont go peaky as they are safe from high mids peak) For me, they are very great value at $27 while waiting for better TWS to come in the future that can match best $100-200 wired sound. Oh yeah they have APTX too because of using QCC3020 chipset, a serious bang for the bucks.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #21,417 of 62,452
thus I stick with my Haylout GT1 PLUS, remember the PLUS, not pro, not vanilla that have great tuning IMHO, and I just modded them, take off the cloth mesh, trim 1/4 portion of them and ditched them, put back the 3/4 to the nozzle end. Improving resolution and clarity (they wont go peaky as they are safe from high mids peak) For me, they are very great value at $27 while waiting for better TWS to come in the future that can match best $100-200 wired sound. Oh yeah they have APTX too because of using QCC3020 chipset, a serious bang for the bucks.

I'm in the same boat. I've stopped looking for other TWSs'. I'm awaiting the new wave of buds which will come with the new line of QC chipsets with ANC, and see how the products improve from there onwards. Until then, I'm really satisfied with my GT1 Plus.

Apr 20, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #21,418 of 62,452

Thanks in advance!!

Bomaker Sifi has a nice balanced sound, APTX and IPX5. should be available on Amazon.

Apr 20, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #21,419 of 62,452
Hi,
would really appreciate ANY input regarding the Adv. M5 TWS *Custom* (https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/true-wireless-earphones/products/m5-tws-custom)

I am planning on getting my second set of CIEMs at 500$ish budget, and not sure if it provides a good value for money sound-wise (regardless of the TWS technology), and how does it compare to the wired M51D.

I know the Universal version got good reviews although it did not include volume control onboard, but the custom version does. I scanned the forums and the internet in general for information but couldn't find anything about them.

Also, contacted Adv., and right now they do not offer customization options to these, so you need to choose out of the three designs they have (and no TWS M55D in the near future).

Still, that the only TWS CIEM I could find..

BTW, does any other CIEM manufacturer developes TWS CIEMs?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #21,420 of 62,452
Hi,
would really appreciate ANY input regarding the Adv. M5 TWS *Custom* (https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/true-wireless-earphones/products/m5-tws-custom)

I am planning on getting my second set of CIEMs at 500$ish budget, and not sure if it provides a good value for money sound-wise (regardless of the TWS technology), and how does it compare to the wired M51D.

I know the Universal version got good reviews although it did not include volume control onboard, but the custom version does. I scanned the forums and the internet in general for information but couldn't find anything about them.

Also, contacted Adv., and right now they do not offer customization options to these, so you need to choose out of the three designs they have (and no TWS M55D in the near future).

Still, that the only TWS CIEM I could find..

BTW, does any other CIEM manufacturer developes TWS CIEMs?

The universal did not get all good reviews. A few said that one was little improvement over the Model X+ for sound. You do add volume but lose any case for charging and have to plug a cord into each side and manually power each side on(?). No frills as well with no IPX rating, no ambient or TWS+ or mirroring or anything above the minimum. Aptx but not low latency or promise of it. For $500 it just seems to be one of the few options so pay up but "good value" is not in sight. Risky proposition to be a low value. Unless you get a few reviews who have compared and say they are blowing away thing like the Senn for SQ. That even if they are $200 more and you have less features they sound so much better it's worth it(and there are no connection, latency, or other issues). I don't see it. Love to be proved wrong but not seeing it. Also, 40mAh battery each side for 96sens. drivers giving 8 hours, I would be concerned about the overall volume these put out esp. for mobile use out in the real world. My advice is find out more before you jump so you lower the risk of them being an expensive disappointment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back