Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 1, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #20,975 of 62,728
Circling back to the 1MORE Anc tws. I recall that whole ‘sound goes bad with anc on’ fiasco. Anyone here hung on to them until new FW and can now report if this has been fixed ?
I keep loving my 1MORE stylish and keep wishing there was an improved version, which the anc model is supposed to be ...

For some reason mine were great BEFORE the update last week ... I know they were great because now that I've applied the new FW, I see what kind of difference you can get - mine have been trashed, with ANC the music sounds as if it is in a tin box :frowning2:

Apr 1, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #20,976 of 62,728
Ok guys, I couldn't resist. $300... a lot of money :scream:
I'm no review writer, but I can summarize my two hours of testing.

Used updated Lypertek Tevis, using Comply Foam M tips, as comparison. I really love the sound in these, and I have never before heard any BT in-ear headset sound better.

Tips used when testing:
JVC Spiral Dots M+, Symbio normal bore M, a couple of different Comply Foam tips (the True grip for Tevis, Audio Pro w/smart core and Comfort TSx200, all mediums), a collection of different Spinfits (CP350Z, CP100 and CP100Z).
I ended up using the Comply Audio Pro M with smart core, but it's just a little big for the charging case. Let's see if I find it irritating pressing them lightly down to make it charge.
Sound, especially bass, volume (yes they actually sounded louder compared to some of the others), isolation and comfort were noticably better than the other mentions.

ANC and transparent/ambient mode:
The fit and isolation with the Comply Audio Pro is really making the passive noise cancellation work very well. With usual noise indoors, it's actually a little difficult to hear if ANC is on or off :)
It's when I opened the balcony door, and the noise of a road with a lot of traffic filled the room, I really could hear the ANC work. It's no way the same effect as my Sony WH-1000XM3 of course, but it did a decent job. Have just talked to my neighbour for a minute or two testing the transparent mode, and it did a good job. Not as good as the Airpods Pro, I think, but I have to test this more later. The traffic noise were very loud with transparent mode on, so it's no doubt it works guite good.
No noticable white noise or hiss with ANC on/off. Neither did I hear any difference in sound quality.

App:
I haven't played with the EQ yet, just because it's a little strange with no manual adjustment of each frequency bands, but also because I like the sound as is (I'll come back to that later)
Other than that, see the pics for possibilities in the menu. I got a firmware update before I used them for the first time. Took about 20 mins to finish. No problems. A little annoyed that I didn't read the release notes before updating, cause now I don't find them anywhere.

Buttons / control:
This is the first that really impressed me. They are working very well. Very precise. In the app you can customize the control of each command. Very pleased with this!

Sound:
I have to start with the following: NO NFMI / SBC- or crackle noises like the 1st generation!!! :L3000: I was sooo afraid of this when turning them on the first time :)
As I said, I compared the MTW2 with the Lypertek Tevi when testing. They actually have a very similar sound signature. Please note I used my new pair, updated at Lypertek with app support and new firmware.
I'm not good describing the sound, but I can say the MTW2 is now the best I've heard.
Sound is very engaging. Bass is deep, punchy, mids are beautifully airy with voices sounding better than ever (listening to the new Hayley Williams - Roses... just now, and her voice gives me goosebumps), and highs are detailed and crips with no sibilance (which I hate)
The most noticably difference to the Tevis are actually the wider soundstage. Very easy to hear the more narrow sounding Tevis when switching between them.
If I should say something negative, it would be that the MTW2 are not as loud as for ex. the Lypertek Tevis. I've actually used from 80 to 90% volume these couple of hours I've been testing/listening to them. That's as 70-80% with the Tevis.

Battery and Mic quality:
Have to come back to this later, after testing a couple of days.

These are definately a keeper, and that will make my nephew very happy, since I promised him the Tevis if the MTW2s were better. :)

Any questions?

IMG_4767.JPGIMG_4766.JPGIMG_4765.JPGIMG_4770.PNGIMG_4769.PNGIMG_4768.PNG
Able to use the left and right independently? Read some reviews that have differing comments

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #20,978 of 62,728
Nope you cannot... Which is a real shame given the price.

Wow was considering it, but for the price, if independent earbuds use is limited to the right, then it doesn’t make sense. It’s using the qcc chip which means that they could enable it. Lack of wireless charging at that price is also bad. For that price, was expected all features to be present. Was hoping ipx5 rating as well.

Apr 1, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #20,979 of 62,728
I just performed a reset of my Fiil T1X through the Android app (as I thought they were acting up...) and it changed the spoken message voice from original English to Chinese. Any ideas how to get English back?
You need to pair then with iOS (since iOS app is completely in English)
I actually tried that with both an iPad and an iPhone but the language still stays Chinese.

Apr 1, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #20,983 of 62,728
Tonight I was wondering if there are any earhook style TWS out there with AptX ... I was surprised to see that i.e. the Soundpeats Truwings do NOT have QC3020 .. thought soundpeat by now puts that crap on everything ...
Some digging later and more by chance I come across one of my less fav YTers talking up the Anker Soundcore Spirit X2! with AptX!!!

spiritx2.jpg

But there is something really strange with these ... a) even his affiliate link to amazon brings up a eufy security cam system instead? that could be a temporary glitch. b) the oifficial Anker store in AE does not have them, nor any other seller on AE c) according to site search, they have never been mentioned on Head-fi before ...
Now, what;s the story I wonder ...

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #20,985 of 62,728
I haven't been commuting or traveling since I've been shut up in the house these least 3 weeks, so I haven't really listened to my Nuarl N6s in all that time. But I pulled them out today to give a listen and wow, I was blown away all over again! Those things are sick.
I dig mine too but I've had no luck getting the firmware to update since I got them. Have you had any issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back