Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 24, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #20,837 of 62,258
Can you describe some comparison between them? I already have haylou gt1 non plus version.

I gave away my spunky beats so this is from my memory but gt1 plus had less peaky highs and mids were not as recessed. They were not far off but I felt gt1 plus sounded more balanced and had slightly better timbre. Spunky beats bass was more rounded but gt1 plus had more texture and pace to the bass which i prefer (quality over quantity).
Also Spunky beats touch control was annoyingly sensitive whereas gt1 plus is tolerable.

Mar 24, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #20,838 of 62,258
I wish more people would give the M1s a fair shot. No need for any wings, they stay in place. To me, They just sound fantastic and I’ve had several of the TOTL TW phones, at a higher price. Caveat: foams to me are the better option and the OEM ones are cleansble.
My experience to wireless is limited to cable bluetooth options however the M1 are nothing short of outstanding for the price. I've not tried the foams yet but will do so.

Mar 24, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #20,839 of 62,258
You can’t even go for a run?
Funny you should mention that .. well. .. here the curfew rules are easy ... not this European crap of 'max 2 ppl and not further than 1km from your home and only 1h' ... here it means 'stay home'!!! And that was going on for 84h and then today they gave us a 6h window for shopping, but as expected, that was UTTER CHAOS! Even with some suggested rules. So, now we are back in plague prison and the 'promised' next break on Friday morning has been cancelled for now, because it went all so bad today.
But sure enough, by 6AM I was out running :D (PM me if you want to follow me on Strava)

But to give this a bit of a TWS flavor, I have very divided feelings about the upcoming AE sale. I have already lined up what I might want, and got all the coupons and played all the games ... but there is no postal service right now here, it all feels so insignificant in the bigger picture ...
Then again, I need SOMETHING to look forward to, even if it is just the hope of some AE parcels arriving again some day ...
Until then ... music from the few TWS I have shall help ...

Hope everyone here stays safe, healthy and somewhat sane :)

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #20,841 of 62,258
My daughter has commandeered my SSKs in order to survive quarantine here in the UK and so I need to order myself a backup. Scarbir.com (Hi Bartig) rates the SoundPEATS Truedots very highly but will they be a let down after the SSK BT03? Any others that I should be considering (will need to be from Amazon given the AE wait times at the moment)?

Mar 24, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #20,843 of 62,258
Thank you for the info on the M5's! I am a big, big fan of the Harman target.

Cheers Sam! About to update the post with comparisons to the Galaxy Buds as I was just able to source a pair, I'll put that comparison here too alongside measurements.

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #20,844 of 62,258
As promised, here's a quick comparison between the Galaxy Buds (not the plus) and the M5 TWS, it has also been added to my full review.

A $50 premium brings superior technical ability and build quality. Both are voiced similarly as both target the Harman curve. That said, the Galaxy buds traces this more accurately with a slightly warmer voicing whereas the M5 TWS is slightly brighter and crisper. The M5 TWS has better sub-bass extension with more slam though it has less bass overall with the Galaxy buds being fuller and warmer. The M5 TWS is noticeably tighter with quicker decay and a cleaner mid-bass, creating a more defined and detailed but also leaner presentation; where I find the Galaxy Buds a bit sloppy and ill-defined. The M5 TWS has a brighter and more upfront midrange where the Galaxy buds are more even between bass and midrange with more body. Both are actually very similarly tuned through the midrange, but as the M5 TWS has less bass, it sounds brighter. As the M5 has slightly bolstered lower-midrange body it doesn’t explicitly sound thin but is certainly thinner than the Galaxy Buds and with a more neutral tone as opposed to a light warmth. The high-end is where the M5 TWS differs most. It has a crisper and more aggressive lower-treble. In so doing, it sacrifices a touch of instrument body and smoothness. However, the M5 TWS is noticeably more detailed and extended with a lot more air and headroom. It has a substantially wider soundstage and better separation, imaging also seems sharper to me.

I also struggled to measure the M5 TWS. I have some rough graphs but, for whatever reason, it measures wildly different each time which I do not hear in listening. ADV. also don't mention tuning with DSP either so I'm not sure what's going on there...

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #20,846 of 62,258
So 1More have released FW 0.03.44

Well I have no idea WTH is going on here or with these folks that said there was a change in sound signature when ANC was switched on.

I upgraded and have now gone from not knowing what the fuss was all about to these are now bloody awful in ANC mode ...really tinny and no depth to the sound stage !!

ok ...how do I downgrade back to .31

Mar 25, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #20,847 of 62,258
Mar 25, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #20,848 of 62,258
Looks like Tranya it's having a 50% off sale on certain TWS models. If you wanted to try out the Rimor or B530 now would be a good time. Plus you get 20 free face masks if you order 2 or more! lol Corona fever has officially spread to the TWS market.
Screenshot_20200325-093033_Gmail.jpg

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #20,849 of 62,258
What's on everyone's wishlist / shopping card for the upcoming AE sale?
Anyone spotted any big price differences from regular to sale price?
i.e. the much lauded Alien Secret AptX will be down from 33$ to 26.59$ ... though I am still not convinced by the very generic looks :)
I am still wrestling if I should get the Soundpeats TrueAir (brigther sound, bigger driver) or the Edifier TWS200 (darker sound, better call quality, which I totally don't care about :) ) ... don't have any airpod style AptX buds in my collection yet ...
and then there is that Sony XM3 ANC clone than @chinmie mentioned and dang .. no sales price (but could use a 7 off 50 coupon after adding a little something) .. but that looks somewhat interesting :D

Share your finds!

Mar 25, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #20,850 of 62,258
Hey all!

Can someone recommend some great tips that go along with the Fiil T1x's? I really love the Final Audio E series tips (because they really bring out the bass and tame the treble a bit), but I can't get the buds to charge in the case with those tips on. I'm in the US and I'm in between living situations, so I need to be able to order them from Amazon (US). Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back