Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 4, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #20,356 of 62,342
Those sound awesome! I wish they had LDAC though... I've heard the noise cancellation isn't quite as good as the Sony WF-1000XM3 though.

I was under the similar impression too, thought it helped a bit, and only a bit. However, I have also since had a APP. APP noise reduction seems dramatic since its passive isolation is bad. APP ANC vs MW07 Passive+ANC, is not that terribly off when it comes to eliminating environmental noise.

Also, did a call test comparison in noisy environment. No contest. MW07+ is far superior. Just need to angle it right towards the mouth.

Mar 4, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #20,357 of 62,342
Found 2 more AptX buds in my collection: Was only half aware that the Mpow M5/T5 has an AptX version, thought that was a new thing, but lo-and-behold, mine is :) and who would have thunk that the Syllable S101 are also QC3020 equipped and thus play the AptX game ... nice & nice ... wonder if I find any more ...

So quiet here and mail from AE is still at snail's pace .. my Dyplay ANC buds finally left China on Feb 18 .. and STILL have not shown up in my country ...
slight withdrawal here ... need new buds !!!

Mar 4, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #20,358 of 62,342
I read a blurb last night (sorry, can't remember where), that it leaked that Sony was going to implement AptX in their WF-1000XM3 through a firmware update. (This involves basically throwing a software switch and paying a royalty ?) They opted against their own LDAC codec because it would destroy the play time per charge.

This is a damn shame, as I now have to consider getting them.

Mar 4, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #20,359 of 62,342
I read a blurb last night (sorry, can't remember where), that it leaked that Sony was going to implement AptX in their WF-1000XM3 through a firmware update. (This involves basically throwing a software switch and paying a royalty ?) They opted against their own LDAC codec because it would destroy the play time per charge.

If it is any consolation they sound amazing with only SBC. After a week of heavy use I couldn't go back to my Nuarl NT01AX and enjoy it like before. EQ in the app also helps keep the sound fresh.

Mar 4, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #20,361 of 62,342
Found 2 more AptX buds in my collection: Was only half aware that the Mpow M5/T5 has an AptX version, thought that was a new thing, but lo-and-behold, mine is :) and who would have thunk that the Syllable S101 are also QC3020 equipped and thus play the AptX game ... nice & nice ... wonder if I find any more ...

So quiet here and mail from AE is still at snail's pace .. my Dyplay ANC buds finally left China on Feb 18 .. and STILL have not shown up in my country ...
slight withdrawal here ... need new buds !!!

Speaking of APT-X buds, came across these. They look comfortable, I like the control scheme and battery life maybe ok.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000603074856.html
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000617459206.html (cheaper here)
827246442-1975918300.jpg

New-bud-itis is building.
I was looking at those alien secret qcc010 & anc x8.

These T3 / T3S look nice. No aptx tho, just AAC. Interesting that it has a slimmer no battery case or one with a case.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32995005401.html
-17797984631136752321.jpg
HTB1WOfxaET1gK0jSZFrq6ANCXXaO.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

Also found another earpod/sabbat clone:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000718066837.html

If it is any consolation they sound amazing with only SBC. After a week of heavy use I couldn't go back to my Nuarl NT01AX and enjoy it like before. EQ in the app also helps keep the sound fresh.

If this does happen, I may have to get them... Since I have no ANC TWS yet.

Mar 4, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #20,362 of 62,342
Let me know how you feel about the comply tips because I was considering trying them as well.
Summarize:
- I use medium size JVC Spiral dots, and original tips, so I bought the medium Comply Foams (with Techdefender).
https://www.complyfoam.com/products/twzz-truegrip-2
- The fit is awesome. Seal is near perfect for me. No noise while chewing, moving mouth, and less thumping while walking. No vacuum feel when pressing buttons. (that alone is worth buying)
- Marginally less deep bass compared to the JVC Spiral Dots, but sound is otherwise as full with midbass, mids and treble on par with the JVCs.
- Noticably more bass than Flexfit foam.
- They fit the case perfectly.
- My early and short conclusion is that these are my go-to tips, when considering sound and comfort overall.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #20,363 of 62,342
Summarize:
- I use medium size JVC Spiral dots, and original tips, so I bought the medium Comply Foams (with Techdefender).
https://www.complyfoam.com/products/twzz-truegrip-2
- The fit is awesome. Seal is near perfect for me. No noise while chewing, moving mouth, and less thumping while walking. No vacuum feel when pressing buttons. (that alone is worth buying)
- Marginally less deep bass compared to the JVC Spiral Dots, but sound is otherwise as full with midbass, mids and treble on par with the JVCs.
- Noticably more bass than Flexfit foam.
- They fit the case perfectly.
- My early and short conclusion is that these are my go-to tips, when considering sound and comfort overall.

Sweet I'll order a couple pairs. They don't seem to reduce the mids or highs at all compared to a silicone tip?

Mar 4, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #20,364 of 62,342
Sweet I'll order a couple pairs. They don't seem to reduce the mids or highs at all compared to a silicone tip?
If so marginally. I need to listen some more to conclude 100%.
I've heard a tiny hint of sibilance in a few of my test tracks with the JVC Spiral Dots. I didn't react to that with the Comply Foam.
That may be proof that the treble are a tiny bit limited?
But my first conclusion is that these are close to perfect. (in my ears and taste, that's important to say :) )

Mar 4, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #20,365 of 62,342
I bought MW07 Plus and have spent much of today listening to them, early impressions are very positive and despite being in central London and using busy underground lines there was zero Bluetooth breakup which is almost unheard of in my experience of a variety of TW IEMs. Sound is lively and exciting, and I love the design of the earphones themselves and also the lovely case. I will try Spinfits etc but the default tip seems to fit fairly well. I do wish they would go a touch louder, maybe 10-15% would be perfect, but I find this to be the same for almost every TW earphone I have tried to date, and I am not convinced by the noise cancellation as yet but alternate tips may improve this.

Mar 4, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #20,366 of 62,342
If so marginally. I need to listen some more to conclude 100%.
I've heard a tiny hint of sibilance in a few of my test tracks with the JVC Spiral Dots. I didn't react to that with the Comply Foam.
That may be proof that the treble are a tiny bit limited?
But my first conclusion is that these are close to perfect. (in my ears and taste, that's important to say :) )

I just ordered a pack of them. Hopefully I like them as much as you.

Mar 4, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #20,368 of 62,342
I bought MW07 Plus and have spent much of today listening to them, early impressions are very positive and despite being in central London and using busy underground lines there was zero Bluetooth breakup which is almost unheard of in my experience of a variety of TW IEMs. Sound is lively and exciting, and I love the design of the earphones themselves and also the lovely case. I will try Spinfits etc but the default tip seems to fit fairly well. I do wish they would go a touch louder, maybe 10-15% would be perfect, but I find this to be the same for almost every TW earphone I have tried to date, and I am not convinced by the noise cancellation as yet but alternate tips may improve this.

What source are you using? I was having the opposite regarding a connection around London.

Mar 4, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #20,369 of 62,342
I hope so too. :pray:
A bit risky to recommend tips (and buds) to others, but I really liked these, that's why I had to share my findings.
Guess I'll hear from you after you have received and tested them.

I doubt they'll be any worse than the flexfit foam tips.

Mar 4, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #20,370 of 62,342
Now that the SSK isn't available, what would you get for <$50 USD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back