Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 3, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #20,341 of 62,453
Newmine R9-4 TWS ... never heard of this company before, but this could be interesting ...

At that price I would have wished for AptX ... will wait for reviews .. and possibly price drop :D

You might wait a while, Linsoul is listing them as only available on Indiegogo https://www.linsoul.com/products/newmine-r9-4-tws , and DD-Audio store is listing them on AliX ...for delivery by 5/11 (EDIT: direct link) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000739060319.html

EDIT: also https://item.jd.com/64086132225.html - 4, 6, 8 or 10 moving iron :)

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #20,342 of 62,453
Mar 3, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #20,344 of 62,453
Just got the AuSounds Au-Stream Hybrid in. First impressions are solid - consumer friendly sound, good fit, tiny premium feeling case. Still gotta test out ANC outside and call quality and listen to these for a while longer. I have to say it’s tough for me though since the N6 Pros sound so good, it’s going to be tough for these to compare on a sound quality level. These def have more features though. Will probably do a full review at some point later this week.

Mar 3, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #20,345 of 62,453
Just got the AuSounds Au-Stream Hybrid in. First impressions are solid - consumer friendly sound, good fit, tiny premium feeling case. Still gotta test out ANC outside and call quality and listen to these for a while longer. I have to say it’s tough for me though since the N6 Pros sound so good, it’s going to be tough for these to compare on a sound quality level. These def have more features though. Will probably do a full review at some point later this week.
I'm very anxious to hear your thoughts on these. They look great on paper, and they're nice looking earphones. There's some confusion in AUsounds literature as to whether ANC reduces the 24 (aggregate) hours of battery life to 20 hours or to ~14 hours. The non-ANC battery life is supposed to be 9 hours, with another 15 hours from the case. I'm hoping for at least 6 hours on the bud for ANC. The ANC is feed-forward and feed-back, so it should be good. I'm particularly interested in the outgoing call quality. Thanks!

Mar 3, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #20,346 of 62,453
I'm very anxious to hear your thoughts on these. They look great on paper, and they're nice looking earphones. There's some confusion in AUsounds literature as to whether ANC reduces the 24 (aggregate) hours of battery life to 20 hours or to ~14 hours. The non-ANC battery life is supposed to be 9 hours, with another 15 hours from the case. I'm hoping for at least 6 hours on the bud for ANC. The ANC is feed-forward and feed-back, so it should be good. I'm particularly interested in the outgoing call quality. Thanks!

I have a pair of these too. The resolution is certainly good, but the midrange seems a bit thin and treble a bit hot. Was hoping the titanium driver burned in to a warmer sound, but was not the case. The ANC seems good and the call quality is decent. I have been trying to initiate a return within the 30 day policy, but they seem to be unresponsive and not honoring it. So heads up if you're interested. Although I would be willing to sell mine for a loss, just message me.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #20,347 of 62,453
I've been using the ANBES 359 for over a year, it's been an amazing set, have ran over 1000kms in them. but I've just received the liberty air 2s and straight out of the box, I have a good fit and it sounds incredible. Haven't even got to the app and eq and hear ID stuff. Will post further impressions after a solid run with them. But so far a great upgrade, I'm pleasantly surprised

Mar 3, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #20,348 of 62,453
I have a pair of these too. The resolution is certainly good, but the midrange seems a bit thin and treble a bit hot. Was hoping the titanium driver burned in to a warmer sound, but was not the case. The ANC seems good and the call quality is decent. I have been trying to initiate a return within the 30 day policy, but they seem to be unresponsive and not honoring it. So heads up if you're interested. Although I would be willing to sell mine for a loss, just message me.

These are my impressions so far as well. Definitely hot on the treble, bit of a recessed midrange, bass is a bit boomy but well controlled for the most part and good extension, good detail retrieval and timbre. Problem is when I compare h2d w the N6 Pro, the N6P sounds pretty significantly better, but the Hybrids don’t sound bad if you can handle the 1-2k spike. Call quality is actually pretty good, and the ANC works to a certain extent but still not fantastic. The main problem w ANC on these is wind noise. Even the slightest breeze and you get wind noise feedback and that’s a bit of a problem for me. Really like the tiny case, but haven’t had a chance to fully test battery life. No volume controls. All in all I think this is a decent set but not quite a fully realized product. They’re going back, prob no full review (hopefully they respond to me).

Mar 3, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #20,349 of 62,453
Where can I get Galaxy Buds+ in Canada and be able to return them? Amazon.ca doesn't have an official listing right now (third-party seller inflating the price..)

Mar 3, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #20,350 of 62,453
Here is the one I am going to try - it has AptxHD apparently and uses the QCC3034 chipset, with BT 5.0 support - will keep you posted. I intend trying with my Magaosi MGS-401s - I've previously used those with the EarStudio and they sound fantastic, but the form factor with regular cables is a little meh. So, will see how below goes - it quotes 10 hrs of battery

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YXXXJQQ/

It looks like it's the same one as this : https://penonaudio.com/bqeyz-z3-bluetooth-cable.html and there is some discussion of the variants here : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bqeyz-z3-bluetooth-cable.911673/

Ok - those are absolutely awful (the one with the two battery pods). Absolutely terrible noise underlying everything. Going straight back :) They are indeed BQEYZ - bad sound and very cheap feel --- which is fair as they are....cheap :)

Mar 3, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #20,351 of 62,453
Thought I'd share that in addition to the Nuarl N6 Pro and Cleer Ally Pluses, I've also given more listening time to the Mavin Air-XR Qis - they really are a great all rounder - bass heavy but they've mellowed with use, and they are so darn small I get an absolutely brilliant fit with them, and they are easily the most comfortable set I've had. The best isolation too, without need for ANC, even in windy environment. FWIW.

Mar 3, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #20,352 of 62,453
I am trying to have best sound from a budget bundle;

earbud will be selected among Lypertek Tevi , fiil T1x or bomaker sifi; i don't need lots of bass, enough is enough. I think either can do;
a new DAP selected between fiio M5 and Hiby R3 pro, but I am wondering what will be the most important parameter?

the codec? the version of bluetooth? or the mark " hi-res audio wirelss" on Fiio is the most important to have the "best" sound and connection?

Mar 3, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #20,353 of 62,453
I am trying to have best sound from a budget bundle;

earbud will be selected among Lypertek Tevi , fiil T1x or bomaker sifi; i don't need lots of bass, enough is enough. I think either can do;
a new DAP selected between fiio M5 and Hiby R3 pro, but I am wondering what will be the most important parameter?

the codec? the version of bluetooth? or the mark " hi-res audio wirelss" on Fiio is the most important to have the "best" sound and connection?

I just got the Tevi's and think they sound great. They don't have lots of bass, and sound pretty neutral.

Mar 3, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #20,354 of 62,453
Anyone else have experience with an Android phone that supports the Qualcomm aptx TWS+ where it sends the sound to each bud separately?

My OnePlus 7T supports it and the Tevi's support it, but it just seems buggy. I keep having to repair them and the volume control buttons on the Tevi's don't work correctly. The volume control buttons on the Tevi ends up only adjusting the volume for one of the two buds, not both. Half the time I take them out of the case they don't connect to my phone and I have to repair them. Repairing them isn't hard or lengthy, but I shouldn't have to pair them over and over. IDK if the Tevi's are buggy in TWS+ mode, or if it's my phone, or if TWS+ is just buggy on every phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back