Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 2, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #20,326 of 62,436
Do any do Aptx HD?

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #20,328 of 62,436
Thanks!! This is very helpful! Some follow-up questions if you don't mind:

Oval like Klipsch? Would tips designed for Klipsch fit, do you think?
[Sorry, thought of another one -- have you tried foam tips? Like maybe Dekoni, that are a little more flexibile and don't have a rigid inner channel?]
How would you describe the sound signature compared to the N6P? Warmer, stronger bass, heavier mid, etc? Any sibilance at all?

I do like the physical buttons on the Nuarls, but I generally have better luck with touch controls. With buttons, even the N6 buttons, I end up screwing up the seal when I try to do anything. And I hear you on the track skip, but that's not a big deal to me, I hardly ever use it on any of my buds. Maybe just how I tend to listen to music, or that I'm used to doing it on my phone's lock screen anyway.

Not sure about the Klipsch vs Cleer fit - You _can_ get foam tips, spinfits and such onto the Cleer's they just are bent a little out of shape, and then that final core shape is still a little weird to try and get comfortable in the ear. I tried to misodiko (foam) tips, they don't provide a particularly good or comfortable fit with either the Nuarl or the Cleers.

No sibilance with the Cleers, they sound better after I've been listening for a whole, well balanced I would say, not as warm as the Nuarl a little more clinical perhaps ? But I will continue to listen. Both are significantly less bass forward than the Mavin Air-Xrs, and a much more enjoyable well rounded listen (for me) than the Mifo o7s.

Oh - the microphones on the Nuarls work a lot better for me than the Cleer - Cleer's mics don't work particularly well at all, at least that has been my experience. But they are much more comfortable to _walk_ with than the Nuarls -- and no thump with the Spiral Dots

-g

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #20,329 of 62,436
Not sure about the Klipsch vs Cleer fit - You _can_ get foam tips, spinfits and such onto the Cleer's they just are bent a little out of shape, and then that final core shape is still a little weird to try and get comfortable in the ear. I tried to misodiko (foam) tips, they don't provide a particularly good or comfortable fit with either the Nuarl or the Cleers.

No sibilance with the Cleers, they sound better after I've been listening for a whole, well balanced I would say, not as warm as the Nuarl a little more clinical perhaps ? But I will continue to listen. Both are significantly less bass forward than the Mavin Air-Xrs, and a much more enjoyable well rounded listen (for me) than the Mifo o7s.

Oh - the microphones on the Nuarls work a lot better for me than the Cleer - Cleer's mics don't work particularly well at all, at least that has been my experience. But they are much more comfortable to _walk_ with than the Nuarls -- and no thump with the Spiral Dots

-g
Poor mic is a killer for me. Even though I wear TWS' mostly out and about, at the gym, etc., I receive enough calls to where I need acceptable mic quality. Kind of disappointing for a premium level TWS, given even some Chi-Fi units have good call quality.

Mar 2, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #20,330 of 62,436
Poor mic is a killer for me. Even though I wear TWS' mostly out and about, at the gym, etc., I receive enough calls to where I need acceptable mic quality. Kind of disappointing for a premium level TWS, given even some Chi-Fi units have good call quality.

Now to take this with a pinch of salt, the biggest problems I had were when walking with a bit of wind, and I could just stop to talk and all would be fine. But person at other end of line could clearly hear a difference in call quality with these vs the Nuarl and Mavin, both of whose connections are more solid also. YMMV if you are in a non windy locale ! Moving at any speed through the wind whatsoever (eg on a bike) was a total disaster with the Cleers, servicable with the Nuarl/Mavin

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #20,331 of 62,436
I‘m sorry to hear that. I‘ll update my post to include that bit of information once I‘m not on mobile anymore. I can only say that I personally have absolutely no noise floor.
Have you tried all volumes and what device are you using. On the 65t the hiss is only noticeable above 70% if your media volume is synced to the device. What I'm more annoyed by is clipping distortion from the left bud with certain piano music among other things.

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #20,332 of 62,436
So the Tevi sounds just as I was hoping. Not too bassy, just about perfect bass. Mids are where they should be. Treble is present, clear, and sparkly.

I'm having some pairing issues and volume issues, but when I get them to work right, they work well and sound awesome.

They seem to sound even better with the supplied foam tips, and I'm not usually one to like foam tips. These definitely aren't bassy and dark sounding though, but if you like a neutral bass and a bright(ish) sound then these are great. I really can't complain about the sound at all for my tastes. I didn't know true wireless could sound this clean and clear.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #20,334 of 62,436
Newmine R9-4 TWS ... never heard of this company before, but this could be interesting ...

Newmine_R9-4_TWS.jpg

At that price I would have wished for AptX ... will wait for reviews .. and possibly price drop :D

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #20,335 of 62,436
Newmine R9-4 TWS ... never heard of this company before, but this could be interesting ...

At that price I would have wished for AptX ... will wait for reviews .. and possibly price drop :D

Why does it say 'Newmie' in the logo, though? XD

Edit: Some further digging found me this website http://www.newsmy.com/index.html. They use the names newsmy, newmine, newsmine, newman and newmie. WHYYYYYYYYY

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #20,336 of 62,436
How's Galaxy Buds+ SBC quality on Windows 10?

Mar 3, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #20,337 of 62,436
Why does it say 'Newmie' in the logo, though? XD

Edit: Some further digging found me this website http://www.newsmy.com/index.html. They use the names newsmy, newmine, newsmine, newman and newmie. WHYYYYYYYYY

i am aware of Newsmy as a maker of mp4 Players, but I did not make that connection yet :wink:

but thanks to your post I also now see it in of of their product pics on AE
FE42B130-09AC-44A3-97A4-60889F1D7FFB.jpeg
website address barely legible on brochure.
So confusing...

Mar 3, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #20,338 of 62,436
So the Tevi sounds just as I was hoping. Not too bassy, just about perfect bass. Mids are where they should be. Treble is present, clear, and sparkly.

I'm having some pairing issues and volume issues, but when I get them to work right, they work well and sound awesome.

They seem to sound even better with the supplied foam tips, and I'm not usually one to like foam tips. These definitely aren't bassy and dark sounding though, but if you like a neutral bass and a bright(ish) sound then these are great. I really can't complain about the sound at all for my tastes. I didn't know true wireless could sound this clean and clear.
Awesome!

Did they work with the app straight out the box?
The way you're describing the sound, I wonder if you got a "non-updated" version?

About the bass, with the Flexfit foam (I have tried 3 sizes, since I got 3 extra pairs as a gift when ordering early), I actually miss the deep bass.
I have noticably more and deeper bass with for ex. the JVC Spiral Dots (and even the included silicone ones).

For comfort I like foam tips. With silicone I often experience a vacuum feeling when pressing the buttons, and I get "noise" when chewing and more noise/thumping while walking/running. That's why I've ordered the new Comply Foam for the Tevis, and I think I'll get them tomorrow. Excited to see if they can both be comfortable and have more similar sound to the JVC Spiral dots, compared to the Flexfits.

Mar 3, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #20,339 of 62,436
Awesome!

Did they work with the app straight out the box?
The way you're describing the sound, I wonder if you got a "non-updated" version?

About the bass, with the Flexfit foam (I have tried 3 sizes, since I got 3 extra pairs as a gift when ordering early), I actually miss the deep bass.
I have noticably more and deeper bass with for ex. the JVC Spiral Dots (and even the included silicone ones).

For comfort I like foam tips. With silicone I often experience a vacuum feeling when pressing the buttons, and I get "noise" when chewing and more noise/thumping while walking/running. That's why I've ordered the new Comply Foam for the Tevis, and I think I'll get them tomorrow. Excited to see if they can both be comfortable and have more similar sound to the JVC Spiral dots, compared to the Flexfits.

They worked with the app straight out of the box.

Let me know how you feel about the comply tips because I was considering trying them as well.

Mar 3, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #20,340 of 62,436
I haven't been able to test the mic on the B&O E8 3 yet, something I really should do sooner than later. With a little effort, the buds fit in the case with the Comply foam attached, but I don't think the people at B&O thought people would leave the foam on when putting the buds back in the case. Just takes a little extra maneuvering to get them to sit on the magnet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back