Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 28, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #20,236 of 63,213
Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #20,237 of 63,213
Well I was the one that have this set first among others 1 and half month ago when they were just out, I post here but seems like nobody really care, i dont have so many tws to compare but Im concern about Sound quality since Im living in IEM world for 10 years+
They have great soumdstage and sounded natural and smooth without peaks. Glad that youre like them too

I am another one of those that saw your post and decided to gave it a go. Had it for about 20 days now, and it still amazes me sometimes with how good it is. I also received the QCY T5 around 10 days ago, and my impressions of them are the same as yours compared to the GT1 Plus. Really enjoyed using them.

pFE26tP.png

Feb 28, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #20,238 of 63,213
Once I paired my now ~$60 CCA C16 8-driver per side IEM with some $20 Amazon Chinese Bluetooth cable every wireless earbud I've heard or own has been tossed to the side. Sony WF-1000XM3, Jabra 75t, Anker Libery Pro 2 and Air 2, Bose, Echo Buds, Skullcandy, JBL, you name it I've tried it or something better. All of time and testing and money just to end up with an IEM I already owned combined with a $20 Chinese cable. Oh not to mention that this setup not only sounds incredible but it also gets LOUDER than any of the buds mentioned above.

So basically for $80 anyone can have something that's better than, well, anything I've tried.

Feb 28, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #20,239 of 63,213
Once I paired my now ~$60 CCA C16 8-driver per side IEM with some $20 Amazon Chinese Bluetooth cable every wireless earbud I've heard or own has been tossed to the side. Sony WF-1000XM3, Jabra 75t, Anker Libery Pro 2 and Air 2, Bose, Echo Buds, Skullcandy, JBL, you name it I've tried it or something better. All of time and testing and money just to end up with an IEM I already owned combined with a $20 Chinese cable. Oh not to mention that this setup not only sounds incredible but it also gets LOUDER than any of the buds mentioned above.

So basically for $80 anyone can have something that's better than, well, anything I've tried.

which cable are you talking about? I also have the cca c16 and interested in getting it.

Feb 28, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #20,240 of 63,213

what cable?

Feb 28, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #20,241 of 63,213
which cable are you talking about? I also have the cca c16 and interested in getting it.

If you have the CCA C16 you own it to yourself to get the cable linked below. They sound really good.

what cable?

I ordered this according to my order history:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z1BMMCZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Though I received something that looked more along the lines of this (with an inline remote):

https://www.amazon.com/****-Upgrade...le+2+pin&qid=1582940077&s=electronics&sr=1-10

Mine says "TRN" on it and came in a TRN branded box as well so the listing certainly doesn't match but $25 seems to be a pretty cheap price for the TRN cable so give it a try and hope you get the same I did? It has AptX and AptX HD too!

So I'd say order from the first link and see if you get the same thing I did.

Either way mine looks like the one in the second link and is TRN and sounds pretttttty damn good and for the CCA C16 it has PLENTY of power.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #20,242 of 63,213
If you have the CCA C16 you own it to yourself to get the cable linked below. They sound really good.

I ordered this according to my order history:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z1BMMCZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Though I received something that looked more along the lines of this (with an inline remote):

https://www.amazon.com/****-Upgrade...le+2+pin&qid=1582940077&s=electronics&sr=1-10

Mine says "TRN" on it and came in a TRN branded box as well so the listing certainly doesn't match but $25 seems to be a pretty cheap price for the TRN cable so give it a try and hope you get the same I did? It has AptX and AptX HD too!

So I'd say order from the first link and see if you get the same thing I did.

Either way mine looks like the one in the second link and is TRN and sounds pretttttty damn good and for the CCA C16 it has PLENTY of power.

Here is the one I am going to try - it has AptxHD apparently and uses the QCC3034 chipset, with BT 5.0 support - will keep you posted. I intend trying with my Magaosi MGS-401s - I've previously used those with the EarStudio and they sound fantastic, but the form factor with regular cables is a little meh. So, will see how below goes - it quotes 10 hrs of battery

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YXXXJQQ/

It looks like it's the same one as this : https://penonaudio.com/bqeyz-z3-bluetooth-cable.html and there is some discussion of the variants here : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bqeyz-z3-bluetooth-cable.911673/

Feb 29, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #20,243 of 63,213
Gotta thank whoever recommended Haylou GT1 plus as I have been enjoying its sound signature immensely. Very organic and natural tone with really good forward projection for a TWS. I like it more than FIIL T1X and tronsmart spunky beats.

i have this also, but connecting one side disconnects the other. Tried holding for 10 seconds to reset GT1, but I must be doing it wrong.Ideas?

Feb 29, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #20,245 of 63,213
Let me say up front that a comparison between a $150 and a $300 set of TWS buds is not fair. But here goes anyway. Keep in mind, I'm using an Android phone, which means I'm using AAC with Galaxy Buds+ and Apt-x with M&D WM07 Plus.
1. The sound quality of the WM07 Plus+ is clearly superior. Better balanced, more depth, better imaging, more 3D. The Buds+ grew on me over the past week. Perhaps burn-in, probably mostly my brain adjusting to them. But really no comparison. Looking forward to the M&D's burning in.
2. The case is lighter and smaller for the buds, and i really appreciate the wireless charging. However, it won't close with foam tips. The M&D case closes with foam tips.
3. I prefer the physical buttons of the M&D's to the touch controls of the Buds, but both are intuitive and work well. I still can't put the Buds in my ears without activating something accidentally.
4. Features are pretty even. I prefer that the Buds have an app and more control over ambient mode, which may be a little better. ANC on the M&D's is mildly useful.
5. The Buds for my ears are very comfortable. The M&D's are not uncomfortable, but not as good for my particular ears.
6. Connection quality is great on both, but seems slightly better on the M&D's.

Agree with your views. In case you have a Samsung phone, please try to turn on Dolby Atmos especially for movies and such. Adds a much more holographic sound and fun sound. I am enjoying NetFlix/ Dobly Atmos setting/Note 10+/MW07+. For music, I do turn Dolby off.

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #20,247 of 63,213
I need to shout out a big thanks again to the person here who introduced me to rubbing alcohol, q-tips and toothpicks ... This stuff is magic!

Over the last few days I finally finished up my spreadsheet keeping track of all my TWS (do NOT do that if you are on the hoarder, i mean collector, side, it is something you never want your loved ones to see, being able to calculate the total amount I poured into this hobby so far in an instant ... well, I was actually not far off in my estimate, and divying that up to monthly, I think some people have higher coffee tabs at StarBucks :) )
Anyways .. I digressed ... So, I took to those buds I had marked as 'defect' ... and low and behold, 3 of them I managed to revive ... including my first pair of Sabbat X12 which I was sure had a dead right bud ...
Apparently most times I suspected dead batteries or wonky internals ... it was 'just' the contacts ...

Sweet! Glad it's working on more than just your bose tws... especially given how large your collection is lol.

Feb 29, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #20,248 of 63,213
So,i have been looking at the jabra elite active,powerbeats and master & dynamics and some other earbuds.I wasnt going to buy now,because they where not in stock in the web sites,exept the powerbeats.But,i suddenly found an jabra elite active 75t in stock in an nearby electronic shop just 1,5 hour drive away.So yesterday i clicked "click an collect",and my wife and my mother took an trip to do some shopping and to pick up the jabras.Tested them a little bit before i went to bed.My first impressions of these after just a short testing is that they are very comfortable and lightweigt.The sound was a little mixed feeling.They sounded a little artificial and boomy.On some songs with bass they sounded good,and on some bassy songs,not that great.But this is after a short testing.And also i have to say,that my latest iems are fiio fh7,fa7 and shure se215.I have also ovned and tested the shure se530,shure 846,beyerdynamic xeleneto and also jaybird tarah pro.But with high quality iems,i guess i have been a little spoiled.I also own the audeze mobius and beyerdynamic amiron home.What i liked,was that i walked around in the house an listening to music,and i almost couldnt feel the jabras.It was almost like having noting in the ear or on the head,but the music was there.So having true wireless earbuds is really comfortable and easy to use an convinent.Im going to test them some more today.Hopefully i will get more satisfyed with the sound after an while :)

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #20,249 of 63,213
Hmmm. Wonder how these sound compared to the x12 pro. They have qi wireless charging, touch controls and 'graphene' diaphragm.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33035033667.html
Interesting! Always on the lookout for new semi in ears ...

what puzzles me here is that 'why have I never seen these before?' ... obviously they have been around for a bit (review from Nigeria from 11/19) ... and one of my 'daily' search strings is "bluetooth TWS", yet they have never shown up!
My guess is that there is some level of favoritism going on in AE's search voodoo .. like sellers can pay extra to show up better, while those who don't pay for the extra feature end up with only 26 likes in 3 months ..

I wonder if these are the same? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000571480199.html

no mention of graphene .. some pics show a microphone hole ... hmmm

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #20,250 of 63,213
Let me say up front that a comparison between a $150 and a $300 set of TWS buds is not fair. But here goes anyway. Keep in mind, I'm using an Android phone, which means I'm using AAC with Galaxy Buds+ and Apt-x with M&D WM07 Plus.
1. The sound quality of the WM07 Plus+ is clearly superior. Better balanced, more depth, better imaging, more 3D. The Buds+ grew on me over the past week. Perhaps burn-in, probably mostly my brain adjusting to them. But really no comparison. Looking forward to the M&D's burning in.
2. The case is lighter and smaller for the buds, and i really appreciate the wireless charging. However, it won't close with foam tips. The M&D case closes with foam tips.
3. I prefer the physical buttons of the M&D's to the touch controls of the Buds, but both are intuitive and work well. I still can't put the Buds in my ears without activating something accidentally.
4. Features are pretty even. I prefer that the Buds have an app and more control over ambient mode, which may be a little better. ANC on the M&D's is mildly useful.
5. The Buds for my ears are very comfortable. The M&D's are not uncomfortable, but not as good for my particular ears.
6. Connection quality is great on both, but seems slightly better on the M&D's.
Agree with your views. In case you have a Samsung phone, please try to turn on Dolby Atmos especially for movies and such. Adds a much more holographic sound and fun sound. I am enjoying NetFlix/ Dobly Atmos setting/Note 10+/MW07+. For music, I do turn Dolby off.

Agree about the Dolby atmos. I rarely even EQ on most of my situations, but i really like the Dolby sound in most occasions. With music i mostly turn it off, but i also turn it on from time to time to spice it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back