Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 20, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #20,041 of 62,439
Hey folks!
I'm looking for my first TWE and I've gone through many pages in this thread, which has just confused me more. :)
I'm looking for the following things in order of preference: Sound quality, USB-c, Ambient sound, ANC. ANC isn't something that is necessary, especially if passive isolation is good enough, but it's a great plus to have. Wireless charging is a bonus too. I do not care about touch controls. I'm looking to keep things under $150, but willing to go upto 200 or higher if the sound quality is great. I'll be using it with an iphone 11.

I like my sound warm and fun with a good balance across frequencies. A slight boost in the bass and even mids is great. I don't like V shaped sound so the mids should atleast be average.

Atter looking at so many options I'm half assed towards the APP, though its a bit pricey. But there are probably others that sound better and are cheaper. How do Galaxy Buds+ , Shanling MTW100 fare in comparison with SQ? Im afraid the Shanling may be too bright, not so sure about the GBuds+. The Cleer Allys seem to be OOS.

Looking forward to your suggestions and sorry for the long post.

The strongest candidate for your criteria now might be the Gbud+
Mind you i haven't listened to it personally, and i would also suggest you find a Samsung store that have a demo unit to test it. I personally have the older Gbuds, and i really love it. aside from the call quality, i find it a great experience as a whole.

Feb 20, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #20,042 of 62,439
Got myself a new little player to mainly use with my TWS. The TempoTec V1A (and I am seeing that the 'without analog' version, the V1 is currently at an all time low over at AliEx)
So far I am quite impressed and it is kinda fun that it let's me toggle between AptX and SBC (when I am using AptX TWS, if they are SBC only, the player crashes) and so I can really hear / a-b the difference and this makes me appreciate my few AptX buds even more (1More, Spunky Beats, KZ 10, Ytom W1 and the Whizzer B6) Trying to find out if any of my other TWS are secretly AptX.
Wondering if I should get those TRN T200, hybrid, AptX for 28$ .. scarbir's review is a bit inconclusive on this one, can't put my finger on what he does not like on them
What's your favorite AptX bud? Might also be another reason to save up for the Sony XF1000xm3 :) (Edit: while AptX.com claims the wf1000mx3 are supported, pretty much every other source, incl Sony says they do NOT have AptX. Does this mean that they use the 3020 chip but the codec is not activated?)

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #20,045 of 62,439
The strongest candidate for your criteria now might be the Gbud+
Mind you i haven't listened to it personally, and i would also suggest you find a Samsung store that have a demo unit to test it. I personally have the older Gbuds, and i really love it. aside from the call quality, i find it a great experience as a whole.
Yeah reviews so far are pretty positive. Unfortunately cant find it somewhere to try it out. They launch a couple of weeks later where I live.

Feb 21, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #20,046 of 62,439
Haylou GT1 Plus. Hands down the best sounding budget AptX TWS I've ever had. I like the SQ of this better than the Spunky Beats.
Thanks for pointing that one out! Funny how they don’t show up when searching for ‘AptX tws’ on AE. I love my regular GT1 for their pocketability and fit ... will put on wishlist and wait for next sale :D

Just looking around and finding this review / compare on all the Haylou and those photos look very familiar, I wonder if they got @Bartig 's permission to use them :)

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #20,048 of 62,439
Feb 21, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #20,050 of 62,439
Haylou GT1 Plus. Hands down the best sounding budget AptX TWS I've ever had. I like the SQ of this better than the Spunky Beats.

how do these sound compared to anbes 359, tranya t3 and b530. I love these budget tw, if the haylou is better I might bite!

Feb 21, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #20,051 of 62,439
I still like the sound quality of my Jeet Air Plus (in Pure Audio mode through the app) with the full range single BA drivers. The fit and finish is great at the price too, so it the battery life, and they take any custom tips once you decapitate one of the included tips that are one piece covers extending over the body. Delay is non-existent with the latest update. I just wish they had a conventional button or touch interface rather than the bizarro single function smack/vibration detection.

Feb 21, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #20,052 of 62,439
What's new in the world of budget/ChiFi TWS?

Still haven't found anything to dethrone my Anbes 359, even though they've started glitching out when trying to pair to each other/to a phone, so I can't use them anymore. Their bass is just a cut above anything else I've ever tried, including the SSK with identical tips. Weird. Gimme suggestions for anything with similar/more bass than the Anbes, while keeping at least some of that beautiful clarity it has.

Feb 21, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #20,053 of 62,439
Feb 21, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #20,055 of 62,439
Got myself a new little player to mainly use with my TWS. The TempoTec V1A (and I am seeing that the 'without analog' version, the V1 is currently at an all time low over at AliEx)
So far I am quite impressed and it is kinda fun that it let's me toggle between AptX and SBC (when I am using AptX TWS, if they are SBC only, the player crashes) and so I can really hear / a-b the difference and this makes me appreciate my few AptX buds even more (1More, Spunky Beats, KZ 10, Ytom W1 and the Whizzer B6) Trying to find out if any of my other TWS are secretly AptX.
Wondering if I should get those TRN T200, hybrid, AptX for 28$ .. scarbir's review is a bit inconclusive on this one, can't put my finger on what he does not like on them
What's your favorite AptX bud? Might also be another reason to save up for the Sony XF1000xm3 :) (Edit: while AptX.com claims the wf1000mx3 are supported, pretty much every other source, incl Sony says they do NOT have AptX. Does this mean that they use the 3020 chip but the codec is not activated?)
You might dig the Nuarl N6 Pro... I've paired them with my HiBy R6 Pro (Aptx) and with my iPhone AAC and honestly, I have a tough time discerning the difference when playing Tidal and Qobuz tracks

But they're pretty sweet... Much nicer sound that my Jabra 65's, although not up there with my JH Lola's and Audeze LCD-2's of course. Great for running too if you're into that

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back