Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 13, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #19,876 of 62,436
Hello! I purchased two pairs of Fiil T1X to give as gifts but the first pair I listened to has noticeable humming/noise on the left unit when no music is playing and/or during soft passages during a song. The second pair which I just opened to compare has none of this humming. Is it possible to solve the humming on the first pair or is the only solution to return the unit?

it seems as though the left ear bud can be problematic on bad units in a lot of ways. Clipping, static, driver flex, etc.

I haven’t seen anyone provide a way to fix something like you are mentioning and ultimately I returned my 1TX due to driver flex issues. Given the general issues with the left earbuds, I would return and try again.

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #19,877 of 62,436
I posted this on the 'deals' thread here also, but does anyone know how good they are?

Otium Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth 5.0, $39.99 reduced to $17.99 with code below. Don't know how good they are but reviews are good.

by Otium
4.3 out of 5 stars
3,286 ratings | 253 answered questions

Clip the 10% off coupon showing on the product page, then enter code 40D6CSKG at checkout for another 40% off brings them down to $17.99 from the list price of $39.99.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S5JVP78/
They're OK. Bass-forward, fun, but mine was completely imbalanced, so one side had dramatically different frequency response than the other. For $18, if they are balanced, solid for some knockaround use, but I wouldn't have a hunger to listen to them outside of some utility purpose (gym, yard work, etc.).

1581616682928.png

Feb 13, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #19,878 of 62,436
I have Senn MTW and really like the sound with comply foam tips
looking to get another pair of wireless earphones- either FIIL T1X or Cleer Ally
which would better suit my sound taste better?
any info would be appreciated
Thanks

Feb 13, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #19,879 of 62,436
Are the AirPods pro still considered the best for ANC? I listen to a fair amount of non-music (podcasts, audiobooks, etc) on my commute, so if sound quality and signature aren't necessarily as big of a priority, is there anything recommended above the APP for pure ANC performance?

Feb 13, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #19,881 of 62,436
I think it’s bad advice telling to use SBC instead of AAC on Android...

As you can see SBC has way too much more audible impact in the music than AAC, even on Android. The only issue with the AAC implementation on Android phones is a slight extra battery consumption and a small variation among different smartphones on the highs roll-off frequency, which most start at pretty inaudible frequencies anyway...

In terms of transparency AAC is regarded to be the best Bluetooth codec that you can choose, though that might change with the introduction of Bluetooth 5.2 and the new LC3 codec...

Feb 13, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #19,882 of 62,436
looking to get another pair of wireless earphones- either FIIL T1X or Cleer Ally
Thanks
Thanks
They both share a kind of similar sound signature (fun sound with elevated bass, clear mid that not too recessed and not too forward and well extended high), but thr difference is the cleer ally has a much punchier bass and very smooth high. From my listening experience so far, I haven't found any songs that hurt my ear when using the cleer ally even at very high volume. The other difference is fit. The cleer has this large body and stem that may not fit to people's ear. While the T1X is more average size and easier to fit. Also, the price is more than double between the cleer ally and T1X ($119 and $59). But if talking only sound quality, the cleer ally is slightly better than T1X right now.

Feb 13, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #19,883 of 62,436
Fantastic review! Now if only I could convince you to try the Nuarl N6 Pros.. :D
Right on dude. Somebody in this thread recommended the N6’s to me and they’re awesome. Big step up from Jabra 65’s

Have to agree though with another person who wants audiophile TWS :) I’m in the mood for a new audio toy and I can’t find anything I want to get

Feb 13, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #19,884 of 62,436
So a question for the audio geniuses... I have the N6’s and some JH Lola IEM’s for work. Unfortunately, they hired an idiot who sits in the next cube who talks all day long. I badly want some TWS buds with active noise cancellation

I have an iPhone so AAC is important. AptxHD and LDAC would be ideal. I listen to mostly instrumental, classical and opera, blues, female vocals... no hip hop or heavy bass stuff.

so if price is no object, what should I buy? Also, are there any new TWS buds coming out soon to wait for?
Thanks for any advice!

Feb 13, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #19,885 of 62,436
So a question for the audio geniuses... I have the N6’s and some JH Lola IEM’s for work. Unfortunately, they hired an idiot who sits in the next cube who talks all day long. I badly want some TWS buds with active noise cancellation

I have an iPhone so AAC is important. AptxHD and LDAC would be ideal. I listen to mostly instrumental, classical and opera, blues, female vocals... no hip hop or heavy bass stuff.

so if price is no object, what should I buy? Also, are there any new TWS buds coming out soon to wait for?
Thanks for any advice!
Best ANC, APP or the Sonys. I'm using the Cleer Ally Plus with ANC. I've got a loudmouth sitting near me at work as well. iPhone isn't compatible with APTX. I have the 11 Pro Max. Soundstage on the Cleers and Sonys are great.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #19,886 of 62,436
I think it’s bad advice telling to use SBC instead of AAC on Android...

As you can see SBC has way too much more audible impact in the music than AAC, even on Android. The only issue with the AAC implementation on Android phones is a slight extra battery consumption and a small variation among different smartphones on the highs roll-off frequency, which most start at pretty inaudible frequencies anyway...

In terms of transparency AAC is regarded to be the best Bluetooth codec that you can choose, though that might change with the introduction of Bluetooth 5.2 and the new LC3 codec...

That's supposed to be the case. But when I have AAC on, I get the weird clipping/swirling type sound from drums. Like a super low bit rate sound. "Artifacts" maybe? I notice it instantaneously when I turn AAC on. AAC does not sound as good as SBC on my Pixel 3a at least.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #19,887 of 62,436

Thanks for any advice!
I don't think there is any tws that uses AptxHD or LDAC yet. I could be wrong tho. Even sony xm3 doesn't use LDAC which is truly a missed opportunity. The closest one to tws setup that have AptxHD is the KZ bluetooth cable and it does sound really good tho range is a bit meh like most KZ bluetooth.

Feb 13, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #19,888 of 62,436
Are the AirPods pro still considered the best for ANC? I listen to a fair amount of non-music (podcasts, audiobooks, etc) on my commute, so if sound quality and signature aren't necessarily as big of a priority, is there anything recommended above the APP for pure ANC performance?
If you are in the iOS ecosystem, the AirPods Pro are your thing! ANC is great (I personally have not been able to direct compare with the Sony WF1000XM3, which I hear are also great in ANC) and the convenience factor paired with iPhone / Mac is fantastic, as is ease of use and fit. Listening to them as I type, also before on morning run (the Sony's are not really for work out)

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #19,889 of 62,436
Right on dude. Somebody in this thread recommended the N6’s to me and they’re awesome. Big step up from Jabra 65’s

Have to agree though with another person who wants audiophile TWS :) I’m in the mood for a new audio toy and I can’t find anything I want to get

Hahah honestly that person was probably me. I’ve been raving about them since I got my hands on them.

For ANC w good sound, seems like the best option is the Sony so far. The Sennheiser Momentem TWS 2 with ANC don’t seem like they’re coming out till May. Not sure when Bose is finally gonna release the true wireless 700s. Seems like the Cleer Ally Plus are getting some praise if you’re able to deal w no track skipping capability.

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #19,890 of 62,436

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back