Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 10, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #19,786 of 62,143
@axhng: I see on your picture Tevi - can you compare the GT1 PLUS with Tevi?

:nerd: good eye man. haha. Hmm, for me I think I like the GT1 Plus more, *insert usual disclaimer for how everyone's taste differs*.

For the TEVI (on stock firmware), I found it a bit a bass light. Mids were just okay, but the focus seems to be mostly in the upper mids and treble. I found the treble on the TEVI to be pretty intense at louder volume, which I normally do when I'm jogging with them. It's definitely good sounding still, but for some of the music i listen to like j-pop with high female vocals, those can be a bit intense on the TEVI.

For the GT1 Plus, everything sounds a little more balanced in terms of how I perceive the bass, mids, treble. There's enough bass, but not too overwhelming or bloated. The mids are just nice for me, and both male and female vocals sounds equally good. Treble is a bit less extended than the TEVI and less peaky too i think, but still enough to have a bit of sparkle for my taste. Details retrieval probably better on the TEVI, but the GT1 Plus is pretty decent too and overall smoother sounding and a bit more musical?

With the TEVI without any EQ, it was really nice on some tracks provided the volume isn't too loud (i might be a bit treble sensitive). Some tracks suffers because there wasn't quite enough kick to the bass. On the GT1 Plus, most of the tracks sounds nice to me right out of the box. I feel like it's probably a tuning that is less offensive to a wider target audience, whereas TEVI might be an acquired taste for some. For the TEVI it's a little bit fatiguing for me for long sessions, but the GT1 Plus I've been listening to them while working since I got them and it's not fatiguing at all to listen to.

A few other things to note would be that the volume seems a bit softer on the GT1 Plus since I have to push it up a click or 2 on my Pixel 4 to match the TEVI, but volume is still sufficient for me.

Then are the usability aspects. While the TEVI has USB-C which is nice, the GT1 Plus is way smaller and easier to carry around. The earbuds fits me nicer too especially while jogging. The TEVI might loosen and wiggle around a tiny bit, but the GT1 Plus should be a lot better (I've used the GT1 before and this is pretty much the same design). My main use of TWS earbuds are during jogging, and sometimes when i'm out and about. So overall, I like the GT1 Plus a little better. Also, I prefer the Galaxy Buds over the TEVI as well. :joy:

Edit: Oh, and of course the much much MUCH lower price tag is a huge draw for me too. Since I'll be using them mostly while jogging, I can abuse them. haha.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #19,787 of 62,143
Anyone looking for a TWS for under $50 I would recommend the SoundPEATS Truengine SE for $41.39 (10% discount on Amazon) as I've received mine on 30th of January 2020 and have used it extensively. The QCC3020 chip is amazing as the Bluetooth connection is strong and stable along with making AptX Codec sound crystal clear and 99.9% latency free so essentially making TWS sound like a wired pair of IEMs especially with TWS plus. https://www.amazon.com/SOUNDPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphones-Crossovers-Cancellation/dp/B07YRLK978

how is the bass on these?

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #19,788 of 62,143
:nerd: good eye man. haha. Hmm, for me I think I like the GT1 Plus more, *insert usual disclaimer for how everyone's taste differs*.

For the TEVI (on stock firmware), I found it a bit a bass light. Mids were just okay, but the focus seems to be mostly in the upper mids and treble. I found the treble on the TEVI to be pretty intense at louder volume, which I normally do when I'm jogging with them. It's definitely good sounding still, but for some of the music i listen to like j-pop with high female vocals, those can be a bit intense on the TEVI.

For the GT1 Plus, everything sounds a little more balanced in terms of how I perceive the bass, mids, treble. There's enough bass, but not too overwhelming or bloated. The mids are just nice for me, and both male and female vocals sounds equally good. Treble is a bit less extended than the TEVI and less peaky too i think, but still enough to have a bit of sparkle for my taste. Details retrieval probably better on the TEVI, but the GT1 Plus is pretty decent too and overall smoother sounding and a bit more musical?

With the TEVI without any EQ, it was really nice on some tracks provided the volume isn't too loud (i might be a bit treble sensitive). Some tracks suffers because there wasn't quite enough kick to the bass. On the GT1 Plus, most of the tracks sounds nice to me right out of the box. I feel like it's probably a tuning that is less offensive to a wider target audience, whereas TEVI might be an acquired taste for some. For the TEVI it's a little bit fatiguing for me for long sessions, but the GT1 Plus I've been listening to them while working since I got them and it's not fatiguing at all to listen to.

A few other things to note would be that the volume seems a bit softer on the GT1 Plus since I have to push it up a click or 2 on my Pixel 4 to match the TEVI, but volume is still sufficient for me.

Then are the usability aspects. While the TEVI has USB-C which is nice, the GT1 Plus is way smaller and easier to carry around. The earbuds fits me nicer too especially while jogging. The TEVI might loosen and wiggle around a tiny bit, but the GT1 Plus should be a lot better (I've used the GT1 before and this is pretty much the same design). My main use of TWS earbuds are during jogging, and sometimes when i'm out and about. So overall, I like the GT1 Plus a little better. Also, I prefer the Galaxy Buds over the TEVI as well. :joy:

Edit: Oh, and of course the much much MUCH lower price tag is a huge draw for me too. Since I'll be using them mostly while jogging, I can abuse them. haha.

Please update your Tevi with the beta firmware: https://www.lypertek.com/app-beta
Afterwards they will have a new more common sound profile - more bass, less overhelming treble and upper mids - they turn from cold bright to warm dark.
With the included app you can also equalize it to bass heavy. The flat neutral setting offers enough bass and lower mids.
I think you will enjoy it.

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #19,789 of 62,143
For anyone interested to buy the Soundcore Liberty 2Pro, here is a $50 discount code on Amazon I got from the Soundcore app. I guess it's personalized so probably can be only used once.
To the fastest clicker in the west (or east), enjoy!
M9XT-TGTV2K-DSLUAR
Yes Amazon UK also keep having offers on the liberty 2 , and the liberty 2. Pro. I picked up the 2 pro ones for £100. Couple of weeks ago , and very pleased with them, the sound, the fit, ect
The deal now for the normal Liberty 2 is about £65 .....and 2 pro about £110.

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #19,790 of 62,143
I'm hoping the new Samsung Galaxy Buds + use aptX, but I'm not getting my hopes up based on the previous model. I am curious about the BeoPlay E8 3rd gen, really like the look, but want to wait for reviews before I think about dropping that kind of cash on them.

Feb 10, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #19,791 of 62,143
Thanks for the review - which device are you using for it? I had seen these at London Drugs in Canada for 170$ and was wondering how they would sound. I had read TechRadar's review saying the audio crackles among other things which was pretty unassuring.

I saw TechRadar's review. I threw the sound quality portion of their review out due to a clear bias toward a neutral sound signature. The sound quality itself is just fine. Nice wide soundstage. It's really a question of how forward v. recessed you want the bass to be.

I haven't encountered any audio crackles. I am using an iPhone SE though, and that is limited to Bluetooth 4.2. I am experiencing a few dropouts when at the gym. I believe the Bluetooth 4.2 is at fault. I think I will be upgrading my phone in March, so I should know for sure then.

What is really great about these earbuds is the size and the battery life. To my knowledge, no one can compete with them on that combo. Every model that I know of with better battery life is good amount larger and most don't have the waterproofing.

Feb 10, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #19,792 of 62,143
Ah the youth of today... bring back the good old days of Linn Sondek and Pink Triangles, and those that could tell the difference between different speaker cable ...although my neighbours never did like my taste in music, or the decibel level, lol
I had a wonderful Turntable - Logik DM-101 with a Linn Basik LVX Tonearm and a Nagioka MP11 Boron (mounted on a genuine Sound Organisation Turntable Shelf) and I loved it.

Feb 10, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #19,793 of 62,143
Yo, sorry to keep bothering you about this. But these just came back on amazon and thinking about getting them. Just wondering what your overall thoughts are at this point. How’s the sound, controls, battery, calls, etc.Thanks a ton if you can!
I've been using them non-stop since the day I got them. The sound stage is much wider than the Libratone Track Air+. More bass. So much that I'm REALLY digging them. The fit is still weird to me but seems that they just sit in my ears, no need to twist and push much which I'm not used to. I think I've spoken a lot on here about them. Battery life lasts me all day with much to spare at work. Calls seem to be good. No complaints from anyone. I do not miss track skip controls. ANC is great, but I have not tested them on a plane yet.

Feb 10, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #19,794 of 62,143
I've been using them non-stop since the day I got them. The sound stage is much wider than the Libratone Track Air+. More bass. So much that I'm REALLY digging them. The fit is still weird to me but seems that they just sit in my ears, no need to twist and push much which I'm not used to. I think I've spoken a lot on here about them. Battery life lasts me all day with much to spare at work. Calls seem to be good. No complaints from anyone. I do not miss track skip controls. ANC is great, but I have not tested them on a plane yet.

I'm really digging the Cleer Ally Plus as well! The ANC and ambient modes are way more effective than they are on my MW07 Plus. The soundstage is wide and the bass is very punchy. They even have AAC. The only downside I can see is the lack of track skipping, but in the rare instances where I really need it, I have just been using Google Assistant as a workaround.

Another win is that these support Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus and my OnePlus 7T is connecting to each bud independently. Connectivity seems pretty solid while walking through the city.

I am using the Cleers with Symbio Peel tips and the passive isolation, fit, and comfort are great. I'll try a run one of these days to see if they stay in - though the fit seems pretty stable thus far.

I think these were worth the wait (as opposed to the 1More TWS ANC, which I returned).

Feb 10, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #19,795 of 62,143
I'm really digging the Cleer Ally Plus as well! The ANC and ambient modes are way more effective than they are on my MW07 Plus. The soundstage is wide and the bass is very punchy. They even have AAC. The only downside I can see is the lack of track skipping, but in the rare instances where I really need it, I have just been using Google Assistant as a workaround.

Another win is that these support Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus and my OnePlus 7T is connecting to each bud independently. Connectivity seems pretty solid while walking through the city.

I am using the Cleers with Symbio Peel tips and the passive isolation, fit, and comfort are great. I'll try a run one of these days to see if they stay in - though the fit seems pretty stable thus far.

I think these were worth the wait (as opposed to the 1More TWS ANC, which I returned).
Glad I'm not the only one enjoying them. Where'd you get your Symbio tips? What size? Maybe I'll give them a shot. Been using the stock tips for now.

Feb 10, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #19,796 of 62,143
Also, I prefer the Galaxy Buds over the TEVI as well. :joy:

Thanks for the write up! The GT1 Plus does seem like a sound signature that I'd really like.

How do they compare to the Galaxy Buds? The buds are my main daily drivers at the moment and while I enjoy their general balance, they do often leave me wanting a bit more excitement across the board as well as heft and extension on the lower end...

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #19,797 of 62,143
I'm hoping the new Samsung Galaxy Buds + use aptX, but I'm not getting my hopes up based on the previous model. I am curious about the BeoPlay E8 3rd gen, really like the look, but want to wait for reviews before I think about dropping that kind of cash on them.
I doubt it. It will probably be SBC, AAC, and SSC like last years. All the leaked info that has come out has not mentioned AptX in any form yet.

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #19,798 of 62,143
Please update your Tevi with the beta firmware: https://www.lypertek.com/app-beta
Afterwards they will have a new more common sound profile - more bass, less overhelming treble and upper mids - they turn from cold bright to warm dark.
With the included app you can also equalize it to bass heavy. The flat neutral setting offers enough bass and lower mids.
I think you will enjoy it.

Yeah, that's what I read too, though i remember someone mentioning having issues with them when they reset the earbuds after the update? I was hoping to wait till it goes official first. But it does sound like it will make the tuning more towards my liking. :beyersmile:

Thanks for the write up! The GT1 Plus does seem like a sound signature that I'd really like.

How do they compare to the Galaxy Buds? The buds are my main daily drivers at the moment and while I enjoy their general balance, they do often leave me wanting a bit more excitement across the board as well as heft and extension on the lower end...

Galaxy buds without any EQ does sound a bit less exciting to me (aside from the upper mids boost). But with the app, and the "Dynamic" equaliser setting, i feel like it's a lot more enjoyable. It will give more extension on the lower end, and I feel like the mids become a less thin sounding.

Though I'm not using those anymore because of battery issues. My right earbud can't even last 1.5 hours of use on a full charge. :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #19,799 of 62,143
Yeah, that's what I read too, though i remember someone mentioning having issues with them when they reset the earbuds after the update? I was hoping to wait till it goes official first. But it does sound like it will make the tuning more towards my liking. :beyersmile:
It was me, and my Tevis are still almost unusable.
After updating, and testing them, I reset them to factory defaults. Felt that was the right thing to do after the update, to delete paired devices and to be sure they "were as new".
It ruined them for me, because the connection became very unstable and the app seldom worked.
And the app have to work, because the sound in the left bud is weaker before getting them into the app and press "Sound" and choosing a preset. Strange...

BUT the sound after the update is amazing! Still detailed, but with much fuller sound. Punchier, deeper and more bass without a doubt. I actually loved the sound before the update (with the right tips to get the most out of the bass), but now they sound just amazing!

Lypertek have said they will send me new ones with original firmware after the Chinese new year 2020 holiday. Guess they were back to work yesterday.
And guess I then have to wait awhile to get the new sound signature, because I believe the official/stable firmware update isn't ready for some time.

I found a way to use them, but it's of course too cumbersome:
- First I had to reset again.
- Connecting the left bud but cancel when asked to connect the right.
- Put them in the case, and then take out just the left bud so it connects. Play some music and take out the right. Then you have sound in both.
- Then start app, and the bluetooth ask for connecting the -R BLE (guess that's the app who want to connect)
- With this method I actually can use them, and the app starts everytime.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #19,800 of 62,143
Hmm, mine came from mifo direct as the seller which makes you think that they'd be at least as updated. Perhaps not ?

G

Was your replacement directly from them again?

The mw07 uses cvc for music as well. It's not limited to phone calls. To answer the original question, the noise cancelling in the mw07 doesn't do much. It takes the slightest edge off the background but if you are looking for ANC I would look elsewhere. I use it on my mw07 and find it useful but only useful in the sense that it's better than nothing.

I wasn’t aware that it worked for music, I thought it was phone only. Interesting.

Ok - received my replacement Mifo O7s - exactly the same issue as before on precisely the same songs and more - any sort of deep bass, regardless of volume, introduces metallic clipping and rattling - since bass by it's nature tends to be cyclic, this makes anything with any depth very hard to listen to. Very pleasant and comfortable to listen to folk and lighter fare. But both pairs of O7s going back, alas.

Ugh, sorry, that sucks!

I am really perplexed. I mean, I know Quality Control can vary, but this seems to be more than that.

I thought I’d share more details from my packaging, in case there are differences. Does your case say this?
346F8A5B-1430-469D-B3D5-01525100C8CD.jpeg

And the box label looks like this?
CC4626B0-E0A5-479C-A270-7C5EAF44A543.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back