Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 31, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #19,487 of 62,419
Is there any true wireless iem costing more than $300 ? I couldn't find any. It is interesting there aren't any higher end models.

The B&O E8 or whatever it is currently costs more than $300 I think but I wouldn't buy it. More to your point, the high end of TWS seems to be between $250 to $300 at the moment. We will see if more audiophile companies like Audeze or HiFiman jump into the TWS game. Klipsch is going high end later this year with a $600 model. We shall see.

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #19,488 of 62,419
Jan 31, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #19,489 of 62,419
Super bummer!

Thanks for the feedback, as I was on the fence here, given I've gone mostly into over-ear streak recently. Still looking at some of the top TWS', but my collection just got too big. I'll wait for the FW update.

Yeah, these are not must buys. I am digging the sound with no ANC - a step up from the APP but they are not going to knock off the MW07, Senns or N6 Pro for pure SQ. Probably more on the level of the L2P. The ANC was really the draw for me.

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #19,491 of 62,419
The B&O E8 or whatever it is currently costs more than $300 I think but I wouldn't buy it. More to your point, the high end of TWS seems to be between $250 to $300 at the moment. We will see if more audiophile companies like Audeze or HiFiman jump into the TWS game. Klipsch is going high end later this year with a $600 model. We shall see.

I would prefer a $1000 TOTL TWS iem. Because these devices are so easy to carry and use. And unlike traditional IEMs, no need for a dac, amp and cable. Just buy a TWS IEM and use it with your smartphone, endgame !

If someone makes a TWS IEM sounding good as current audiophile wired earphones that can be revolutionary.

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #19,492 of 62,419
Anyone tried the Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus? Supposed to have good sound
Yes. Fit is eh. I was getting complaints at work that others could hear my music. ANC is light. Nowhere near as good as APP or Sony. Sound is phenomenal though. I did have dropouts walking outdoors. Case scratches easily unless in the bag they provide. I returned mine. The fit was too temperamental for me.

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #19,494 of 62,419
Anyone tried the Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus? Supposed to have good sound

I tried them for a bit. Wrote a review on them a while back on this thread if you can find it. I like them a lot but had connectivity issues. Also I do think the N6 Pros sound better, but that's just my opinion :)

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #19,495 of 62,419
I would prefer a $1000 TOTL TWS iem. Because these devices are so easy to carry and use. And unlike traditional IEMs, no need for a dac, amp and cable. Just buy a TWS IEM and use it with your smartphone, endgame !

If someone makes a TWS IEM sounding good as current audiophile wired earphones that can be revolutionary.

I suspect we will get there eventually. I am guessing that right now the issue is that we need LDAC support in TWS and so far no one has done it. Has to be tied to either battery drain or chipset size because even Sony left it out. Presumably, higher end DAC/AMPs may require more power and space too. I have to believe an innovator like Audeze has something cooking in this space. TWS isine 20?

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #19,496 of 62,419

If these are as good as they seem, I'm all in: https://www.earmicro.com/ They're supposed to have Bragi OS on them. Those were some of my all-time favorite true wireless earbuds. I'm sure they'll go on sale too. Seems Klipsch always has sales.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #19,497 of 62,419

The closest I’ve been able to get to that is getting a JH Audio Bluetooth cable for my Lola IEM’s.

I’m listening to classical right now played from Qobuz on my iPhone over AAC codec and its astonishing

You’ll be into a fair amount of money but man... the sound is comparable to my Audeze LCD-2 cans.

I recently started plugging my HiBy R6 Pro into my Nvidia shield in USB DAC mode and transmitting Aptx sound to my Lola Bluetooth cable. It’s great being able to watch movies at night and not wake up the whole family.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #19,498 of 62,419
Just received my 1more ANC tws and ootb they sound pretty good. I only have like 10 mins to try on my lunch break so I won't be doing sound impression just yet. But, I did try the ANC and it does changed the sound. The bass is elevated and the high is muted at level 2. Then I turned off the ANC and the sound is definitely better, but the funny thing is I can hardly even hear outside noise when the music is playing without the ANC. Of course when there is no music playing, I could hear my surrounding just like a normal IEM (mifo07, t1x, etc) would. Does the passthrough function can be turned on without activating the ANC?

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #19,499 of 62,419
Wow those look sweet. Maybe I’ll pick up a pair...
I've had all the versions of the E8. Many issues. Hopefully, they've worked them out. That said, they're a beautiful set imo.

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #19,500 of 62,419
I suspect we will get there eventually. I am guessing that right now the issue is that we need LDAC support in TWS and so far no one has done it. Has to be tied to either battery drain or chipset size because even Sony left it out. Presumably, higher end DAC/AMPs may require more power and space too. I have to believe an innovator like Audeze has something cooking in this space. TWS isine 20?

We will definetly get there. Probably in 5 years or even less. Wireless headphones will reach the quality of wired ones so the entire amplifier, cable etc. industries will die. Because a wireless standalone headphone will be able to perform equally or better than them !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back