Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 18, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #18,811 of 62,574
Are there any adapters that turn regular IEMs wireless?

TRN has 2 models out, the BT20 and BT20S and they come with different connectors (.75mm .78mm and MMCX)

here’s a pic of what my KZ AS12 look like with the BT20

97412D8A-594F-4307-958A-F9811CA169F7.jpeg

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #18,813 of 62,574
Me too, but very infrequent. I really like the sound, sturdiness of the design. And I favor the click button vs the touch pad functionality. Not the only pair I own (have the L2P and an old pair of Tranya T1s too), but between the two, all good. Waiting for 2020 to see what new stuff comes along that may be worth it. May even buy a pair of Apple Airpod Pros, via Amazon Warehouse deals. But probably not.

I'm happy with them. The battery indicator issue I'm having really shouldn't be an issue if I just put them in the charging case when I'm done. Most of the time, I'm not going to have them in my ears for more than 3-4 hours at a time. I did hear back from CA's customer support. They are going to look into the issue. They did note that if using Apt-X, it'll shorten the battery life to around 6 hours. I haven't done a straight hours test, but I think I'm getting a bit over 6 hours.

I didn't keep them as they were a terrible fit but in reading reviews on Amazon and elsewhere I remember many people complaining that they were getting nowhere near the advertized 9 hours but closer to 6 hours so yours are probably not defective...so I wouldn't hold my breath for a reply from CA, at least a useful one !

Yeah I can see the fit not working for many people. It works well enough for me.

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #18,814 of 62,574
I got the Nuarl N6 Pro yesterday’s and so far they are the best sounding TWS with my iPhone 11 Pro but only IPX4. I tried the APP and returned them after 3 days. My next choice is the new Noble Falcon. Sound pretty good too and with their deep insertion they provide great isolation and IPX7.

I also have the Sony wf-1000 first generation and Jabra Elite 65 and both are good but if sound is your priority, the Nuarl is the winner for me.

Ok, so while I’d prefer ANC and CVC, since Bose still doesn’t have an ETA for the 700 TWS, and the APP SQ stinks, which models do a good job of passive isolation? I am presuming I’ll have to try other tips than OEM and that’s ok. I just really want to cut the cord and not give up SQ. Are most going to have good isolation with good tips?

I use an iPhone X and at the moment the N6 Pro is the likely candidate. If I buy them on Amazon are people successful with returning them if needed? They don’t really speak to that from what I’ve seen.

I’d be willing to spend up to $300 if it had ANC and CVC and a strong waterproof rating.

In the mean time I’d like to keep it around $150 if I’m just getting isolation.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #18,815 of 62,574
Just received my mifo 07. In the picture, the case looks big but this thing is tiny. It is even tinnier than samsung galaxy buds case, tho it is quite heavy.
Initial sound impression was very impressive especially the mids/vocal. Mid lover will love the sound this thing produce, it has a thicker mid than t1x but not overly thick like shure. The sound profile is more of mpow m5, but with more forward mid and much better detail and clarity. No sibilance on the treble either but it still airy. Bass is punchy and has enough rumble to it, but since it is a BA driver, it can't compete with t1x and TSB. If you are a basshead, this twe will not satisfy you. I am liking the sound profile and form factor so far. Will do more listening and testing.

does your unit can control volume? also, can regular sized tips fit inside the case?

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #18,816 of 62,574
does your unit can control volume? also, can regular sized tips fit inside the case?
Yes it can control volume. No, need a short stem tips.IMG_20200118_211209.jpg

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #18,817 of 62,574
https://www.androidcentral.com/wireless-headphone-future-needs-stronger-connection

this article is amusing for me. i don't think i ever complain about the connection of most of my TWSs in my collection right now. the last time i ever have crappy connection was the QCY Q29 from way long ago, and maybe some patchy but workable connection on the old WF-1000X and Anker Liberty Neo (which i believe now has an updated and improved version)

also battery life of TWSs has come a long way that it can reach 6 hours even with ANC on.[/QU
Well in my case I tried over-ears, on-ears and earbuds and I always have connection problems. I keep my phone in the left pocket of my pants, so I know it's not helping, but I can't wait to find some True Wireless with flawless connection.

Jan 19, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #18,818 of 62,574
Well in my case I tried over-ears, on-ears and earbuds and I always have connection problems. I keep my phone in the left pocket of my pants, so I know it's not helping, but I can't wait to find some True Wireless with flawless connection.
Fiil T1X is your answer.

Jan 19, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #18,819 of 62,574

may i ask what phone you're using? i use a Note 8 and honestly haven't encountered connection problems. i do got random disconnect, but it's really rare and far in between..except for the soundcore neo

Jan 19, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #18,820 of 62,574
IMG_20200118_234858.jpg
Mifo 07 sounds kinda remind me of my 1964 V6s.
Actually, I take that back, Mifo 07 sounds similar to my old Westone 4. The bass is quite light and tight especially if you are coming from DD type of TWS. It doesn't have that bass slam like typical DD bass, but it is detailed and because of that, there isn't any bass bleed whatsoever with the other frequencies. The mid is the center of attention or focus here, if you like to listen to vocal or instrumental music (Diana Krall, Halie Loren, etc) this TWS really deliver on that. The mid is thicker than any other TWS that I have, but not overly thick that make it sounds fake. The treble is quite "polite" imho, it doesn't show any sign of sibilance or peak at all. Still pretty airy tho and the benefit is it is pretty comfortable for long listening session.
Connection is very good as I didn't experienced any drop out during my testing. Bluetooth range is not as good as my T1X, just average like mpow m5, sabbat E12U, and so on.
The case is the smallest of any tws besides apple airpods and it is made of metal.
Can't say about battery life and call quality yet as I haven't really checked.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #18,821 of 62,574
So when you've got the left bud at max volume, are you still using both at the same time and using an app that raises or lowers volume onn each side? similarly to an option with the ES100 app and others? Or do you just have the softer bud chilling in the case while the louder one is paired?
As far as QC with some companies, maybe the employees are like,
'driver matching?...what even is that? we're just putting these things together.
I play it on my iPhone and flip the balance over to the bud I’m targeting.

Jan 19, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #18,822 of 62,574
Got the B530 Pro. They don't indicate anywhere they are the "PRO" model, but the box is updated and they say they have a Qualcomm w/AptX. They have a micro usb port and i just listened to them for about 5 min.

Bass is great, super clean and prominent, but not Basshead, mids are full but a bit muffled in the low highs/high mids, highs have some nice sparkle but are a little on the bright side for me.
The left bud is a bit louder than the right :disappointed:. I'll burn them in this weekend and spend some more time with them. Also, the soundstage is nice and wide.

I just A/B'd them vs. FIIL T1X in Bass EQ. Save your money and get the FIIL. The tuning is much better balanced. I'm still going to burn the B530 Pro in, but Frankly it hurts my ears to turn it up. I tested them with the Same tips, which was a challenge because the B530's nozzle seems a bit smaller and a lot of my tips won't fit securely on them. I'm not saying they don't sound good, they do, but they are shouty on the high end and at louder volumes. At medium volume, they sound pretty dang good.
An update, apparently on Amazon.ca they list "Upgraded B530" with Type C and AptX. Maybe they sent you a beta unit. I tried asking for clarification but the lightning sale is happening pretty soon...

Also, apparently there is an app to upgrade firmware for Jabees Firefly Pro and Firefly.2. It appears to have fixed the issue with ambient sound volume increasing after ending a call, but the voice now says "call ended". It also seems to have fixed.the SBC crackling but I will need to check this again tomorrow.

Jan 19, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #18,823 of 62,574
may i ask what phone you're using? i use a Note 8 and honestly haven't encountered connection problems. i do got random disconnect, but it's really rare and far in between..except for the soundcore neo
I'm using a Pixel 2. I don't have any problems to connect to any devices, but I'm getting a lot of connection drops when I walk in the city, I'm guessing it's mostly due to Bluetooth interference.

Jan 19, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #18,824 of 62,574

Actually, I take that back, Mifo 07 sounds similar to my old Westone 4. The bass is quite light and tight especially if you are coming from DD type of TWS. It doesn't have that bass slam like typical DD bass, but it is detailed and because of that, there isn't any bass bleed whatsoever with the other frequencies. The mid is the center of attention or focus here, if you like to listen to vocal or instrumental music (Diana Krall, Halie Loren, etc) this TWS really deliver on that. The mid is thicker than any other TWS that I have, but not overly thick that make it sounds fake. The treble is quite "polite" imho, it doesn't show any sign of sibilance or peak at all. Still pretty airy tho and the benefit is it is pretty comfortable for long listening session.
Connection is very good as I didn't experienced any drop out during my testing. Bluetooth range is not as good as my T1X, just average like mpow m5, sabbat E12U, and so on.
The case is the smallest of any tws besides apple airpods and it is made of metal.
Can't say about battery life and call quality yet as I haven't really checked.

mifo 07s reminding you of the Westone 4s? Sign me up. I'm a big fan of the westone house sound for modern classical recordings, but didnt appreciate how sensitive my westone iems were w/ smartphones, etc. (until i picked up an ifi attenuator).

Jan 19, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #18,825 of 62,574
mifo 07s reminding you of the Westone 4s? Sign me up. I'm a big fan of the westone house sound for modern classical recordings, but didnt appreciate how sensitive my westone iems were w/ smartphones, etc. (until i picked up an ifi attenuator).
Yes, especially the bass and treble. They are not exaggerated at all, this is probably the "flattest" sounding TWE I have yet. The mid is a little bit more forward than my Westone 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back