Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 18, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #18,796 of 62,453

Such a bummer! Looked forward to the first TWS from British speaker brand Wharfedale, but there is absolutely no possibility to activate the right earpiece. It’s a dud straight out of the box.

Even when outsourced to China, this has British manufacturing quality written all over it. :p

I got some on the way, since they're selling it for almost no middleman price of $39 on Amazon. Definitely looking forward to it, and hoping they did some QC!

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #18,797 of 62,453
Ok, so while I’d prefer ANC and CVC, since Bose still doesn’t have an ETA for the 700 TWS, and the APP SQ stinks, which models do a good job of passive isolation? I am presuming I’ll have to try other tips than OEM and that’s ok. I just really want to cut the cord and not give up SQ. Are most going to have good isolation with good tips?

I use an iPhone X and at the moment the N6 Pro is the likely candidate. If I buy them on Amazon are people successful with returning them if needed? They don’t really speak to that from what I’ve seen.

I’d be willing to spend up to $300 if it had ANC and CVC and a strong waterproof rating.

In the mean time I’d like to keep it around $150 if I’m just getting isolation.
Never had any problem returning items on Amazon.

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #18,799 of 62,453
Thanks for the comments about returning TWS in general, I appreciate it.

I told myself that I would stop analyzing and jump into the game, so ordered the Mifo 07 for $113 on amazon with a code I found on a YouTube review that ironically ended today. I should get them Friday so will post my thoughts in comparing them to my wired IEMs!

Thanks to everyone who contributes to the thread, I’ve spent so much time reading so many posts...!!!

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #18,800 of 62,453
I got some on the way, since they're selling it for almost no middleman price of $39 on Amazon. Definitely looking forward to it, and hoping they did some QC!
Seriously? I paid 90 euros on the German Amazon. :-/

Jan 18, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #18,802 of 62,453
Just received my mifo 07. In the picture, the case looks big but this thing is tiny. It is even tinnier than samsung galaxy buds case, tho it is quite heavy.
Initial sound impression was very impressive especially the mids/vocal. Mid lover will love the sound this thing produce, it has a thicker mid than t1x but not overly thick like shure. The sound profile is more of mpow m5, but with more forward mid and much better detail and clarity. No sibilance on the treble either but it still airy. Bass is punchy and has enough rumble to it, but since it is a BA driver, it can't compete with t1x and TSB. If you are a basshead, this twe will not satisfy you. I am liking the sound profile and form factor so far. Will do more listening and testing.

Jan 18, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #18,803 of 62,453
Thanks for the comments about returning TWS in general, I appreciate it.

I told myself that I would stop analyzing and jump into the game, so ordered the Mifo 07 for $113 on amazon with a code I found on a YouTube review that ironically ended today. I should get them Friday so will post my thoughts in comparing them to my wired IEMs!

Thanks to everyone who contributes to the thread, I’ve spent so much time reading so many posts...!!!

Mifo 07 sounds kinda remind me of my 1964 V6s.

Jan 18, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #18,804 of 62,453
Mifo 07 sounds kinda remind me of my 1964 V6s.
Could you share the coupon code from YouTube?

Off topic, I went looking for some over ear ANC cans and found a B&O H8i at Best buy on clearance for 200. Given my use case I don't really need to go big like bose 700 for 400 bucks. So far they sound pretty good to very good and have a nice design. It was bit of an impulse purchase. Anyone have experience with them? I also found some Sony xm3 on Amazon "renewed" for 229. Would that be a better purchase? My focus would be trading ANC performance for SQ.

Jan 18, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #18,805 of 62,453
Could you share the coupon code from YouTube?

Off topic, I went looking for some over ear ANC cans and found a B&O H8i at Best buy on clearance for 200. Given my use case I don't really need to go big like bose 700 for 400 bucks. So far they sound pretty good to very good and have a nice design. It was bit of an impulse purchase. Anyone have experience with them? I also found some Sony xm3 on Amazon "renewed" for 229. Would that be a better purchase? My focus would be trading ANC performance for SQ.

I didn't use any code iirc. Someone in this forum was posting the mifo07 priced at $79 on amazon back then and I just ordered it right away. I have some amazon credit so I used that to bring the price down even more to $77. And now, the price has gone back to $149. Damn i got lucky there.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #18,807 of 62,453
Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #18,808 of 62,453
Got the B530 Pro. They don't indicate anywhere they are the "PRO" model, but the box is updated and they say they have a Qualcomm w/AptX. They have a micro usb port and i just listened to them for about 5 min.

Bass is great, super clean and prominent, but not Basshead, mids are full but a bit muffled in the low highs/high mids, highs have some nice sparkle but are a little on the bright side for me.
The left bud is a bit louder than the right :disappointed:. I'll burn them in this weekend and spend some more time with them. Also, the soundstage is nice and wide.

I just A/B'd them vs. FIIL T1X in Bass EQ. Save your money and get the FIIL. The tuning is much better balanced. I'm still going to burn the B530 Pro in, but Frankly it hurts my ears to turn it up. I tested them with the Same tips, which was a challenge because the B530's nozzle seems a bit smaller and a lot of my tips won't fit securely on them. I'm not saying they don't sound good, they do, but they are shouty on the high end and at louder volumes. At medium volume, they sound pretty dang good.
Aside from the sound quality, one of my favorite things about the original B530 is the fit. They're soooo comfortable. Are these the same exact shape?

Jan 18, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #18,809 of 62,453
Are there any adapters that turn regular IEMs wireless?
Check out the TRN BT20 and BT20S. The are also several other brands of similar design.
I have both TRN models and enjoy both.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back