Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 14, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #18,586 of 63,207
I have their other product (BQC35). Try asking them ehich one is better in terms of sound and ANC. The BQC35 is quite good, and i suspect they are one of the same, but in different shell. If Dyplay can confirm those two are the same, or better yet, the Shield is better, then it's worth the price.

Two of the reviews on the BQC35 in AE said that their unit has a slight hiss when music is not playing. My unit is safe and practically silent, but it's a problem to keep in mind if you decided to purchase it (also a mention to @jfvny and @RobinFood )

Some reviewers in youtube said their Mifo o7 clips/distorts when listening on loud volume..does your unit has similar problems?

Also, have you by any chance have tried the Galaxy buds too?

I have listened to the Mifo's at the max volume that I can comfortably handle (approx 75%) and there is no distortion... so all good

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #18,587 of 63,207
My Mifo o7's arrived today - I can't comment (yet) on the avg battery life, but I have had at least 5 hours use without a charge to break them in and they are still going strong ...

The main reason for my reply however is to share my thoughts on their sound quality - Wow am I impressed ... I mean very impressed ...

I am new to this forum but wanted to share my thoughts on the Mifo's - I am a bit of a TWS junkie and have bought / sold / returned approx 20 different brands in various price ranges over the past 18 months or so but the standout brands are ...
- Sennheiser Momentum (returned - 9/10 sound - plagued with connectivity issues and a below average battery life)
- Sony 1000XM3 (returned - 8/10 sound - couldn't get a good fit / seal, too big and uncomfortable for me - ANC was impressive though)
- RHA TrueConnect (sold - 8/10 sound - couldn't get a good fit / seal, average battery life)
- Pamu slide (sold - 7/10 sound - poor fit, charging case way too large)
- Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro (sold - 7/10 sound - too reliant on the app with its 22 sound profiles and I couldn't find one I liked, Hear ID is a gimmick imo - great fit and finish though!)
- Sabbat E12 Ultra (still own these - 7/10 sound - a little too "V" shaped with an over emphasised low end - I really like the low profile and fit / comfort though)
- Lypertek Tevi (still own these - 9/10 sound - I love the near neutral sound signature of these - still slightly "V" shaped but there is so much detail and separation with decent bass - these were my favourites until today !!)

Back to the Mifo o7 - I probably need to spend more time with them, but having swapped them back-and-forth with the Tevi's today - I have to say I think I prefer the Mifo's - they are very similar (neutral) sounding but I think the Mifo's have a slightly softer (less harsh) treble.
They are also small and low profile and very comfortable - I was able to get a really good seal/fit.
The Mifo case is a work of art (but very heavy) but is let down by the weird hinge mechanism which isn't very precise - not a deal breaker but worth a mention.

Apologies for my rambling, but I hope my thoughts / notes were helpful.
Thx for the feedback. I'm a big fan of Mifo - still have and listen to the 02 and 05 models.

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #18,588 of 63,207
Saw it on aliexpress here

BGVP Q2 TWS Knowles Moving Iron HIFI Music Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Headset Sports A Custom-ear Binaural Monitor MMCX Earphones
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/EFeoVjVA

Not sure if it's pre-order but am getting it and post the impressions

Ever get this? Seems some issue perhaps as it is gone now with no other sellers and just not currently available. Just gone.

Saw that the ADV M5 TWS was dropped $50 to $199. Does sound like the PHPC driver is a good one and it might be the king of SQ for all we know. Would have been nice for an update to control volume and such.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #18,591 of 63,207
I am a bit of a TWS junkie and have bought / sold / returned approx 20 different brands.

Wow, nice, thanks for your thoughts!

Given you like a more neutral tuning, what would be your recommendation for a basshead like me?

The consensus here seems to be the L2P are the way to go for a basshead - does that concur with your experience of all of those TWS (which covers pretty much everything!)? :)

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #18,593 of 63,207
So, after inital fit issues with the Anker L2Pro, I'm really starting to enjoy their sound. However, that sound can only be enjoyed in a relatively quiet environment. During rush hour on the subway, they are useless as they don't isolate well for me. But on walks in quiet neighborhoods, they're fantastic.

I guess I'll be on the lookout for something with anc or perhaps deeper insertion iems. I've been eyeing the Jabra 75Ts - just wish they had anc or aptx as well.

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #18,594 of 63,207
For those APP owners who, like me, have been slightly living under a rock the last few weeks, there is apparently a somewhat upsetting booboo with a new firmware that Apple stealthily released (see this MacRumors article). I just checked and I am affected, but I can't really say that I have noticed my ANC getting worse (nor my SQ getting better)

What I DID notice though is that my APPs are becoming more unreliable! Things like switching from mac to phone are more often hit & miss now. Or one pod not properly charging, which sucks when just before a run I see that left side only has 3% after a full night of sleeping in the charging box.

There's no way to opt out of these firmware updates, thank you Apple very much. And now all one can do i wait and hope for the next update and pray it won't make things worse!

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #18,595 of 63,207
For those APP owners who, like me, have been slightly living under a rock the last few weeks, there is apparently a somewhat upsetting booboo with a new firmware that Apple stealthily released (see this MacRumors article). I just checked and I am affected, but I can't really say that I have noticed my ANC getting worse (nor my SQ getting better)

What I DID notice though is that my APPs are becoming more unreliable! Things like switching from mac to phone are more often hit & miss now. Or one pod not properly charging, which sucks when just before a run I see that left side only has 3% after a full night of sleeping in the charging box.

There's no way to opt out of these firmware updates, thank you Apple very much. And now all one can do i wait and hope for the next update and pray it won't make things worse!
Yeah, I really dislike how their firmware updating works. I've read somewhere that it gets randomly updated? I've read that some units would get updates, and others eventually get updated later. That's seems such a strange way of doing updates. Big issue is that the user has no control over it!

After hearing about Apple under-clocking their hardware silently, I'm not surprised. This is the part I dislike about Apple.

I don't use iphone, but Android, so does that mean I get no updates?! I've been noticing my APP not working as smoothly as time goes on. When I first got it, it worked flawlessly, and then I get minor hiccups here and there, and gets more frequent as time goes on. My issues are related to the sensor and ANC kicking in. Sometimes it doesn't kick in because the sensor placement. I can't believe this is happening on a supposed 'seamless' Apple product?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #18,596 of 63,207
Yeah, I really dislike how their firmware updating works. I've read somewhere that it gets randomly updated? I've read that some units would get updates, and others eventually get updated later. That's seems such a strange way of doing updates. Big issue is that the user has no control over it!

After hearing about Apple under-clocking their hardware silently, I'm not surprised. This is the part I dislike about Apple.

I don't use iphone, but Android, so does that mean I get no updates?! I've been noticing my APP not working as smoothly as time goes on. When I first got it, it worked flawlessly, and then I get minor hiccups here and there, and gets more frequent as time goes on. My issues are related to the sensor and ANC kicking in. Sometimes it doesn't kick in because the sensor placement. I can't believe this is happening on a supposed 'seamless' Apple product?

That's a really interesting question how the updates work on Android .. no idea.

And yes, for iOS Apple just has the phone unasked download the update 'when available' (and probably when phone is on wifi) and then sneak it onto the buds when they are in the case (and also probably on wifi) ... so, only when all those stars align you get updated. Which, admittedly I like a bit better than some other TWS that says basically 'don't dare touch or move anything while FW upgrade in process or we brick your TWS and possibly set your house on fire' ... but it would still be nice to have the option to say no.
Oh, and apple does not share rls notes, so no one knows what's changing, until all those mac websites do some testing and shed some light on what happened after the fact ...

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #18,597 of 63,207
I've had the N6 in house for a few days and have yet to actually return the N6 Pro, so I've been swapping back and forth tonight.

I initially found the Pro on the brighter side and a little light in bass, but excelling in technicalities. I love the soaring airiness and impressive detail retrieval, but I wish they were a bit warmer than neutral.

I ordered a set of the regular N6 wanting a warmer version of the Pro, but I'm not loving them as much as expected. They're definitely warmer, but with both the stock silicone tips and some JVC Spiral Dots the treble is somewhat peaky and unrefined with a bit of sibilance that surprised me, and without any airiness. They're also quite thick in the bass and lower mids where you end up losing a lot of detail and definition as a result. I tried some Comply SmartCore Sport Pro foam tips and it cleaned up the top end but made the bass slightly bloated while muffling any sense of air.

However, I have to say the same Comply tips make a really pleasant difference with the Pro. They add some body to the low end and dial back the brightness a notch while not making the sound muffled and dry. I'd still like a degree more warmth but man is this a great combination. The detail retrieval and imaging is off the charts, probably the best I've heard in a TW model. The sound is a bit on the thin side but the glare is mostly gone and you get this wonderfully clear and cohesive sound free of any frequency artifacts. I might try to experiment with the other Comply tips I have lying around to see if there are any other differences I can coax out of these Pros.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #18,599 of 63,207

Users who are viewing this thread

Back