Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 8, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #18,242 of 62,387
Well - I hurriedly cancelled my order when I saw them on ebay for $95 bucks. Now they are showing as unavailable on Amazon and the ebay sellers seem sketchy.:persevere:
The cheaper eBay listings are of the "Mifo O7" released earlier last year, not the high-end O7 released at the end of the year. It appears to be a grey Mifo O5 that still only has dynamic drivers, AAC/SBC and MicroUSB. Not sure what else is different from the O5. Some random YouTuber replied to a comment saying the O5 will eventually have USB Type-C. Not sure if they work for MIFO or not though...

Anyone heard anything about Bomaker? A while back a user on Drop had told me that Bomaker was going to release a newer TWS with a Type-C case, but were also told that the case would be large and unwieldy catering to a "business" market.

That's disappointing. It looks like improved battery, charging, and sound. A little "meh". Now, if the improved sound is some type of hybrid design with all the codecs, then OK, I may take a look.
If the price is about the same as the original buds at launch, I wouldn't mind so much. However, I wish they do away with the proprietary "scalable codec" and that the next Galaxy supports TWS+ as well as AptX HD/LL.

Is there a USB Bluetooth module that supports TWS+? Currently my devices only support AptX without TWS+.

Jan 8, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #18,243 of 62,387
i just spent 2plus hours listening to all sorts of music from BTBAM to Snarky puppy. Some soundtracks, metal, classic rock some hip hop and pop. Still gonna give them a few days but initial thoughts, at Spamateur, i see what you mean about the top end. I'd say give the N6 some consideration if you aren't already.
I feel like the N6 pro have adequate bass. There were some instances with metal where i wanted just a tad mor sub bass but that isn't definitive because i didn't listen to much metal. One area that really stood out to me was with jazz. I spent a good chunk of time listening to wynton marsalis and Dave brubeck and what can i say...the n6P kick ass with jazz imo. Theres lots of initial impressions i have, but so far these seem to be quite versatile and a solid choice if you just want 1 TW and would actually stick to having just 1. imo, these may be a great all arounder TW or otherwise.

Jan 8, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #18,244 of 62,387
So I narrowed down to Tevi and 1more Stylish. But then after looking around the local online shop, I can get the Stylish for $55 (chinese prompt) and Tevi surprisingly costs $100. Would the Tevi be worth its price or should I go with Stylish? If so, is the sound an upgrade from 1more ibfree?

The stylish $55 is insanely cheap, very close to wholesale according to a distributor and 1 More is pretty pissed about it and will hammer down those re-sellers as its damaging their brand (they are trying to go international like Beats). The set price is $100. I would grab the 1More for that price i don't think 45% off every where is going to last long.

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #18,245 of 62,387
Anyone using these foam tips? Considering trying them out as it looks like they may work with some TWS cases and still charge.

ikko i-planet
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WG5Q129/

Very interesting! They are smooth surface, not porous like Comply? Comes in wide bore sizes? I don't like porous types that rolls off the mid treble and wooly the bass. I need to be updated on what new tips are out these days worth having my collection.

Edit: it's silicon surface?

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #18,246 of 62,387
Very interesting! They are smooth surface, not porous like Comply? Comes in wide bore sizes? I don't like porous types that rolls off the mid treble and wooly the bass. I need to be updated on what new tips are out these days worth having my collection.

Edit: it's silicon surface?

It looks similar to the Shure foam tips, which are my favorite foam tips. I do know my shure foam tips are washable and water does get in and out of the skin when squeezing them dry. I'm not sure if they are a silicone skin or just a smooth looking foam surface, but I'd hazard a guess at the latter.

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #18,247 of 62,387
Jan 8, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #18,249 of 62,387
The separation is much better in sound, it makes for a more engrossing/involving listening experience.

Give the Air-X a shot if you like the XR. IMO (and according to another tester here) the X sounds better than the XR, and the X is also cheaper and the case stores a LOT more battery life There's better separation and more "space" and air, and they're more linear in general. The X also has physical buttons, although they're on the outside face of the earpieces so the buttons unfortunately press into your ear.

I'm actually returning the XR as outside of the more premium-feeling plastic used in the construction and the Qi charging, I think the X are superior in terms of sound and also the case is more convenient as you can easily fit aftermarket tips. I'm currently using Comply Smartcore Sport Pro tips... they took some wrangling to get on but they make the bass sound a bit fuller, make the top end a bit smoother, and isolate better.

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #18,250 of 62,387
I bought my first TW a couple weeks ago, the Xiaomi Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic, AKA Redmi Airdots (Different name in different regions seemingly).

I got them because I couldn't decide on the "best" buds on the market, and so decided to go with some of the cheapest. I had tried them out in a shop a couple of times and was impressed with the fit and the sound.

I think I might do a review of sorts at a later time, but I can say in general that I really get the excitement about this headphone category. It's really pretty magical to be able to listen to music and podcasts without any physical connections!

I love the lack of tangle whenever I pull my phone out of my pocket. I love not getting randomly hooked on doorknobs. I love being able to listen while I change my clothes. I love not having to put shorts/pants on while in the house just to have a pocket to put my phone in. I love it at the gym. It's pretty friggin' cool man!

If anyone has any questions about these, feel free to ask.

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #18,251 of 62,387
Anyone with any Tevi's been able to get any foam tips that fit it that are shallow? I've asked the customer rep people on Lypertek but no ETA on when I can buy any foam tips like the ones they supply yet.

I was wondering if the comply TrueGrip tips (https://www.complyfoam.com/truegrip/) would fit but I'm not sure which one to go for?

Maybe these?

The Tevi tips look like they could be cut down generic foam T400 (or perhaps T200) tips.

Anyone using these foam tips? Considering trying them out as it looks like they may work with some TWS cases and still charge.

ikko i-planet
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WG5Q129/

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #18,252 of 62,387
Is there some already tried Haylou T15 ? Seem not much review posted....
I would like to know is sound better than Haylou GT1 ?

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #18,253 of 62,387
Man. That is so true how many Women i know especially, mor than men, who are like; What you talk about headphones? What's there to talk about. One friend even refers to my HD800S as the juicers. But then last Monday in a panic she was like, hey my UFO earbuds broke. I need you to find me another headphone that fits like those do. She had 2 pair of the OG anbes359 and loves them, so got the Sifi for her new backup.
My wife just pops in to my office each day around workout time and asks me which ones she can use. I've been giving her the , 359's, QCY T1s, Spunky Beats and the L2pro but she did comment she really liked the Liberty 2 pro and they had really good bass. I think that's the only time she's ever given any feedback other than "they were fine." Fair enough, that's my response whenever she asks me if I like any type of home decor item. LOL

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #18,255 of 62,387
Woah that’s scary! Did they come back to life?? They’re pretty easy to reset - just hold power button for 8 seconds then when you hear 3 beeps press the power button twice
So the left bud came back, now the right one is in a haywire. It's flashing white. If I put it in the case and plug it in it will go back to the normal 3x flash for a min. then after it initilized for 5 seconds or so it goes back to quickly flashing white. I've reset it probably 30x and it won't complete the reset. The white light goes solid but then back to the quick flashing white. It will turn off, act like it's resetting and go into firmware upgrade mode, but it won't go in to pairing mode and keeps switching back to fast blinking white as soon as it's turned on. It's fully charged too. UGH. so frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back