Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 17, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #17,371 of 62,340
When I clicked I even saw 29.97$, but also 'deal expired' :D

I could get them via German amazon for 49.99€ .. plus shipping to Japan .. so, I think I hold off on those ... They look very nice though

Haha yeah it used to be $29.97 but the coupon is now only $15.00

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #17,372 of 62,340
Any comparison to something like mw07 or senns for sq. I am intrigued.
I have demoed them in stores. The mw07 highs sounds bright and splashy to me. The senn mtw did not leave me much of an impression, so I would maybe say they are average to my ears. Compared to the Sony wf-1000xm3, it used to be the top in SQ for me, the Aviot has become my favorite now.

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #17,373 of 62,340
I have demoed them in stores. The mw07 highs sounds bright and splashy to me. The senn mtw did not leave me much of an impression, so I would maybe say they are average to my ears. Compared to the Sony wf-1000xm3, it used to be the top in SQ for me, the Aviot has become my favorite now.
Thanks. I don't have any issues with the MW07. Probably my ears are starting to fail me. But I agree that MTW is pretty mediocre. These sound interesting but at $269 they better sing and they don't appear to be available in the US as Amazon is showing 2 week delivery. I'd give them a shot if I had an easy return option.

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #17,374 of 62,340
There seem to be a lot of defects with TE-BD21f version in Japan. Aviot's customer service seems to ignore customers, as seen from reviews on Amazon Japan.
I would say buy only from a seller you can return in case you have a problem with the device.
For your information, Amazon Japan does not allow to returns packages like electronics if they have been opened. (Unlike their US counterpart).

Agree. I ordered one pair from Tec_Japan from Amazon US. The delivery was pretty fast, only two days from Japan. Initially there was a noticeable hiss, though after burning-in it becomes kind of "cold hiss", meaning a noticeable hiss for the first couple of songs then un-noticeable. I contacted the seller about the hiss. They sent me an English manual, and instructed me to reset and test pairing other devices. When all did not work, they said "review the request and get back as soon as possible". No reply since then. I can stand with the "cold hiss", but if I got a defective set, I doubt the return/exchange could be painful.

That being said, I really love BD21f, even more so than their little brother, te-d01b. te-d01b still have the best mids to my ears, smooth, airy and detailed. But BD21f have the best package of TWS I have owned so far. The bass has excellent sub-mass extension, less amount than MW07 but almost the same texture. The mids is lukewarm between te-d01b/Nuarl Nt01x and MW07, the highs is sparkly and detailed. The timbre is very accurate. The advantage of the hybrids is clearly obvious that the sound is balanced with high-resolving details throughout the whole spectrum. In some songs they lack the airiness from te-d01b, partly due to the enhanced bass, but they're more versatile for any music genres I tried. The lukewarm sound sig also suits well with Amazon music HD, which I found very clinical from te-d01b.

They're also the most comfortable pair I have now, almost as comfortable as earin M2 I used to own. As much as I love te-d01b and nt01x, I always tend to grab bd21f. The isolation is also excellent. The other day I went to local Apple store to demo APP. To me ears, the overall isolation is even a little better than APP.

To me they're worth $259, though be aware the seller.

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #17,376 of 62,340
Looky here, TFZ (The Funky Zither?) comes out with a 2BA tws in shiny chrome ... looks interesting. SBC, AAC, AptX, 7-8h playtime on single charge .. some kind of waterproof I can't decipher (pretty much all of the ad-copy is Chinese only)

and it does THIS: (Forgot what that was called)

linky-link

Looks exactly the same as the double BA MIFO O7 that came out before 11-11 (aside from the chrome look).

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40003...d=5830amp-qBodAOAO9u3GMf6s072Kag1576597650538

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #17,378 of 62,340
I posted this on the Deals thread as well. Just putting it here in case Y'all don't sub to it.

L2P down to $109, normally $149.

These are pretty decent TWS IEM’s. Very dynamic sound with crisp clear extended treble, mids are present, but somewhat bassy sound. On well recorded songs without overblown bass in the mix they sound fairly balanced but yet an exciting sound, but if bass is overblown in the mix these will definitely have too much bass, imo. However, they are good for bland, too flat boring mixes that have reduced DR and are not recorded well, or just for a little fun.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E8BDS60/

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #17,379 of 62,340
I must not be getting a good deal because the T1X sound is inconsistent. The bass is nonexistent at times and I can hear a whistling sound when I touch the buttons. They seem to sound better when I don’t push them as far in.

Any suggestions on some different ear tips?
Are you using the app? There is an EQ in it. also make sure to burn them in for a good amount of time. My second set is going on 1900 minutes of just burn it. I've used the L2pro tips, Nuarl tips and the Auvio tips. The Auvio's sound the best to me. I have the spinfit 360's but everytime I used them they make the midbass really punchy and reduce the high end. I also just got some Symbio Mandarin w/ peel and w/o peel. going to test them out soon with the T1x. So far after some serious tip rolling and breaking the Peels in, they are fantastic.

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #17,381 of 62,340
Choo, Nuarl Train, Choo! I found the Nuarl N6 pro on amazon.us but it's $96 more than in Japan. :grin: Looks like i'll be waiting a while.
Good ol' TEC Japan. You can get stuff earlier, but it's going to cost you! I'm waiting for those bad boys as well. I went on a spree of over-ear purchases lately, so wouldn't hurt me to wait. :xf_eek:

Dec 17, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #17,382 of 62,340
Good ol' TEC Japan. You can get stuff earlier, but it's going to cost you! I'm waiting for those bad boys as well. I went on a spree of over-ear purchases lately, so wouldn't hurt me to wait. :xf_eek:
Yea, I hear that. I have to wait to open my WH-1000xm3's for Christmas and i'm having second thoughts about them already. I still like my WF 1000xm3's but the ambient mode/ transparency and the ANC just pails in comparison to the APPs. The Air Pods just sound SO much better, except for music and I've been using the Nuarl's and the FIIL's for music, so I dont' quite no what to do with them. You mentioned that when you switch out the Sony tips you lose bass and that was the first thing I noticed, unfortunately there's just not enough bass for my liking w/o them and the Sony tips seem to diminish the mids and highs for me. Conundrum. I really hope sony boosts the ambient mode and the ANC. The sound is still great, but they just aren't fun like the L2pro and the revision 2's I have on the new firmware sound awfully comparable to the Sony's IMO.

Dec 17, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #17,383 of 62,340
Yea, I hear that. I have to wait to open my WH-1000xm3's for Christmas and i'm having second thoughts about them already. I still like my WF 1000xm3's but the ambient mode/ transparency and the ANC just pails in comparison to the APPs. The Air Pods just sound SO much better, except for music and I've been using the Nuarl's and the FIIL's for music, so I dont' quite no what to do with them. You mentioned that when you switch out the Sony tips you lose bass and that was the first thing I noticed, unfortunately there's just not enough bass for my liking w/o them and the Sony tips seem to diminish the mids and highs for me. Conundrum. I really hope sony boosts the ambient mode and the ANC. The sound is still great, but they just aren't fun like the L2pro and the revision 2's I have on the new firmware sound awfully comparable to the Sony's IMO.
:p
upload_2019-12-17_12-49-53.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back