Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 21, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #15,887 of 62,747
I have a question for you, soundguys is a reliable reviewer?

I think their stuff is generally well done. If you read the article, it's pretty scientific. I have no reason to doubt their findings. Their reviews can be a little short on detail (USA Today style) but their test results seem detailed.

Nov 21, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #15,888 of 62,747
I have to say the buttons on the L2P while a bit tricky to use are far better than buttons or touch panels that push the IEM into the ear when you use them. I wish I could have more options for control but given a choice between simple volume control and the AI assistant, I will take volume control every time. I can always hold the phone up to my mouth to use Ggogle assistant...

Been using these all morning off and on without putting in the case and battery life has been barely touched. Almost 4 1/2 hours so far. My phone on the other hand down to 41% lol.

Nov 21, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #15,889 of 62,747
This is off topic but I have to share this with you Dudes. I've never owned a pair of ANC over the ear BT cans, So These came up as one of the test products from one of my amazon groups. I thought, what the hell at least I can see if ANC works and they look dec. and they'll be free etc.
So i'm actually blown away! They sound fantastic and the ANC works really well. @hifi80sman, I know you have those nice sony's and a couple others, I'd be VERY interested to hear your thoughts on these. So far they are super comfy, and the sound is crisp, clean and the bass is nice a full and defined, but not Bass-Head style. When I turn the ANC off they have a lot more mids and mid bass, it's weird, but both sound good and with ANC on it's drastically quieter. Anyway. I'm super impressed, had to share.

Interesting find. How are they with phone calls? Maybe I'd consider them for work.

Nov 21, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #15,890 of 62,747
After 1 week with the L2p, i am keeping them. I can't believe first off how comfortable they are for me, after putting on several different tips, i ended up using the stock smallest tips w small wings. i do wish the bass were a little tighter, but i've EQed enough of it out that theres still plenty and only occasionally do i hear to much for my preference. i've got a starting lineup at this point, Sennheiser MTW, L2p, Anbes359 Shanling MTW100BA and OfushoF16 for the shower.
This month was like surviver True Wireless island for me.
I bought the Galaxy buds, Backbeat pro5100, the Tevi's, Mavin AirXR, kozetonE8, Shanling MTW100BA and L2P.
I have the mavin airx and have a love hate relationship with them, they have great overall sound but the eartip bore size is monstrous and they have an airtight seal so they cause massive suction cup effect and I can’t work or talk with them without ear pain and ended up buying comply t600s for them which help a lot, and the range on the Bluetooth seems to blow everything else that exists out the water with 30m range vs the standard 10. I’m super curious about the xr and I’m hoping they made the suction cup problem any better. Just purchased the soundcore l2p and get them tomorrow and I’m hoping they can compete

Nov 21, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #15,891 of 62,747
I have the mavin airx and have a love hate relationship with them, they have great overall sound but the eartip bore size is monstrous and they have an airtight seal so they cause massive suction cup effect and I can’t work or talk with them without ear pain and ended up buying comply t600s for them which help a lot, and the range on the Bluetooth seems to blow everything else that exists out the water with 30m range vs the standard 10. I’m super curious about the xr and I’m hoping they made the suction cup problem any better. Just purchased the soundcore l2p and get them tomorrow and I’m hoping they can compete
i'm wondering if i got a dud on the xr. Theres been such good feedback on the airX, but the xr with a great seal and comfortablee fit sounded really underwhelming. they sounded like a cheap $10 bluetooth i bough once for the hell of it, though not quite as good honestly. Curious what your thoughts will be on the L2P. are you going to get the xr's as well?

Nov 21, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #15,892 of 62,747
i'm wondering if i got a dud on the xr. Theres been such good feedback on the airX, but the xr with a great seal and comfortablee fit sounded really underwhelming. they sounded like a cheap $10 bluetooth i bough once for the hell of it, though not quite as good honestly. Curious what your thoughts will be on the L2P. are you going to get the xr's as well?
I will if I don’t like the l2p just to see if anything important was truly improved on, my iem of choice for years has been the gr07bass edition so anything similar to that sound sig is what I’m lookin for. The mavin airx doesn’t sound anything like them, but I only use them at work in a loud factory so the fact that they have a warm and slightly forward midrange and decent bass and treble with nothing really standing out as bad about them, which isn’t something I can say about a lot of more expensive headphones, so ya they may sound kinda cheap(I don’t know I’ve never bought a cheap iem in my life) but for a Bluetooth earbud I think they hit most of the important features for me

Nov 21, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #15,893 of 62,747
Recently tried the ear studio es100 which sound amazing and had a great app to control features and eq, but my goodness was the Bluetooth connection quality awful, like 10-15 feet from my phone and it was becoming intermittent.
Can anyone with a l2p comment on connection quality with their phone on the other side of a room etc.

Nov 21, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #15,894 of 62,747

I'm very curious to hear a second opinion on the air-xr as well - as I share your surprise that your experience with them was so bad given how many people liked the Air-x. I tried the X, but didn't like it for the bass quality/quantity (or lack thereof). I'm keen on the XR due to the case size and was hopeful the sound might be even better - so my hope was that you got a dud!

We'll see eventually though... For now, I'm only eyeing the Nuarl N6 Pro until we find out if your experience with the XR is consistent with others'.

Thank you for sharing!

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #15,895 of 62,747
Recently tried the ear studio es100 which sound amazing and had a great app to control features and eq, but my goodness was the Bluetooth connection quality awful, like 10-15 feet from my phone and it was becoming intermittent.
Can anyone with a l2p comment on connection quality with their phone on the other side of a room etc.

Connection on L2P is great. Full review coming soon.

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #15,896 of 62,747

Just walked 40 paces from phone around several walls in office building before it started to cut out. Signal strength is pretty darn good I would say.

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #15,897 of 62,747
OK quick update on L2P.

Battery lasted right in around 8hrs before the right ear started to complain the battery was getting low. It was basically 20% lower than the left ear most of the day so I wonder if it was seated properly when charging last night.

Made 2 lengthy phone calls. First one was during the height of lunch hour traffic on the plus 15 in the downtown core, walking through very busy food courts and busy walkways. At the loudest points of my walk my mom said it sounded like I was suddenly speaking away from the speaker if I was talking on a phones loud speaker. I suspect as part of the ANC function these switch microphone sides if they detect to much noise on one side of the head over the other and this brief change caused the clipping type sound she heard. Other than this worst case situation she said I was very clear and she could not hear all the background noise around me. Some of that noise was even things like a loud busker playing and accordion! The 2nd call was to my wife while I walked down the street amidst rush hour traffic and she said I sounded clear the entire time and could not hear all the traffic around me. The only thing I have not tested is heavy wind as it was a relatively mild day with wind.

Thing I miss most compared to my MTW is ambient/passthrough mode in the office. Also wish it had ANC but suspect the trade off in wind noise outside would make that feature a draw.

I am hearing footfall thumping but no more than most IEMs. I am going to switch back to the large fins to see if they will help with this issue and increase the isolation a bit.

Found myself tapping to my music way more often than any other TW I have used...

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #15,898 of 62,747
Update on my L2P, using smallest tips and medium wings, I am getting ear fatigue after only 30 mins of play time, alas, I think I just have challenging ears because I have yet to find any IEMs that would not cause me pain. Going to try the small wings next.

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #15,899 of 62,747
OK quick update on L2P.

Battery lasted right in around 8hrs before the right ear started to complain the battery was getting low. It was basically 20% lower than the left ear most of the day so I wonder if it was seated properly when charging last night.

Made 2 lengthy phone calls. First one was during the height of lunch hour traffic on the plus 15 in the downtown core, walking through very busy food courts and busy walkways. At the loudest points of my walk my mom said it sounded like I was suddenly speaking away from the speaker if I was talking on a phones loud speaker. I suspect as part of the ANC function these switch microphone sides if they detect to much noise on one side of the head over the other and this brief change caused the clipping type sound she heard. Other than this worst case situation she said I was very clear and she could not hear all the background noise around me. Some of that noise was even things like a loud busker playing and accordion! The 2nd call was to my wife while I walked down the street amidst rush hour traffic and she said I sounded clear the entire time and could not hear all the traffic around me. The only thing I have not tested is heavy wind as it was a relatively mild day with wind.

Thing I miss most compared to my MTW is ambient/passthrough mode in the office. Also wish it had ANC but suspect the trade off in wind noise outside would make that feature a draw.

I am hearing footfall thumping but no more than most IEMs. I am going to switch back to the large fins to see if they will help with this issue and increase the isolation a bit.

Found myself tapping to my music way more often than any other TW I have used...
These TW mics work really crappy because it's trying to pick up sound waves that's projected mainly forward of the mouth. Not sure if these mic performance can get any better. Recently saw the video of Jabra 75t mic, and it sounds muffled. Big caveat of TW, and for me, mic quality is really important so that people on the other end doesn't stress trying to figure out what is being said. It's annoyance to hear such low fidelity, and trying to figure out what is said causes brain fatigue I'm sure.

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #15,900 of 62,747
Has anyone here tried Jabees Firefly.2? They're 30% off for Black Friday (regular price 99$ USD). They told me the sound and call quality is improved over the Firefly Pro but didn't specify what they meant by that. I just hope it's more balanced than the Firefly Pro which is very boomy in the midbass and the isolation is mediocre.

The Edifier TWS NB looks promising too and is one of the cheaper options that has USB-C, AptX, ANC and hearthrough, but sadly no volume control. Brian's demo also sounds rather shrill and bright in the treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back