Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 5, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #14,926 of 62,436
Are you using the Sonys with and iPhone 11 series phone or some other device? Anyone else have any experience using the Sony WF1000XM3 with an iPhone 11 series phone? (I’m wondering if the problems I’m having are indicative of a general incompatibility between the WF1000MX3 and the iPhone 11 — or if my Sony earphones are simply defective.)
Yeah, I’m using a 11 pro max. My problem is that they don’t reliably connect when I put them on. About every other time I have to put them back in the case and try again. Once it’s playing music it’s usually ok. Might be a that it’s not playing well with iOS 13. Non of my other earphones are having this issue.

Nov 5, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #14,927 of 62,436
What do you all think about the Radsone hi Rez app? I was searching for a iOS player that had a equalizer and I came upon this one. So far I’m kinda liking it with my AirPod pros. I have it on a preset for rock and it sounds pretty good. Thing I like is that it has presets that you can then fine tune with a 10 band equalizer.

Nov 5, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #14,928 of 62,436
So, been away for a while. Seems like, from reading, the MW07+ and Senn MTW still rule the roost, SQ-wise. Is that true?

I have the original MW07. Is the difference between them and the MW07+ noticeable from an SQ standpoint? I get the ANC, and BT5, and the battery, and the case, and the transparency thing are all improvements, but do they sound any different? If so, the white marble and black KDs look pretty sharp - maybe worth selling my Grey Terrazzo MW07s.

Are the AirPods Pro worth picking up? The first Airpods are the only ones I've tried - they were awful. Worse than the wired buds that come in the iphone box. Everyone says these sound "a lot better," but that's kind of a low bar to clear. Are they Jabra good? MW07 good? Earin M2 good?

Is Earin dead? Seems like it. If so, I might keep the M2 as a sort of collectors item. Any place to get the grey matching "complys" that came with it?

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #14,929 of 62,436
I’ve got the LP2 coming tomorrow. I hoping the version I get is the newer type without the hiss I’ve read about.

I ordered from Amazon so can return if it’s there.

I sent a message to Soundcore asking when the new (less hiss) revamped version Liberty 2 Pro would be available and they said it is now ready. So hopefully the hiss is gone or at least lessened. I am seriously thinking about getting them as well.

I just heard back from them yesterday.

Dear customer,

Thanks for contacting us.

Please know that the new version of Liberty 2 Pro is available currently.

Here is the link on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E8BDS60

Please let us know if there ever is anything we can assist you with, as we are always happy to help.

Reference Ticket#xxxxxxxxxxx if contacting a CSR

Soundcore Customer Support

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #14,931 of 62,436
That’s awesome, thank you for this.

Keep reading good things about the LP2, interested to see how the sound.

I see you are in the UK but the link is for Amazon USA, so hopefully yours will be the new version.

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #14,932 of 62,436
As I'm a chronic insomniac, I'm looking for a set of wireless IEMs that I can use to help me get to sleep.

I have tried a few things, but wired doesn't work (I woke up with a cable pretty tight around my neck a few times). I already have the Fiio BT cable to use with several of my IEMs, but this just doesn't work for me, the cable with the battery/control housings and blinky light is too annoying. So I got myself a set of the Galaxy buds, which are a big improvement, as there's no wire and blinking lights to annoy me. But they stick out too far to comfortably lay on one ear.

Can you guys (and gals) recommend me a set of true wireless IEMs?

Some brainfarts about my preferences:
I'd prefer something that has a somewhat similar shape (as in no stems sticking out like airpods or cylindrical body etc) as the Galaxy buds, but as small and physically flat as possible. But just a few mm less thickness than a Galaxy buds would probably be enough to work.

Also I'd prefer no buttons that can get triggered when laying on my side. Touch controls are ok, but being able to disable them like with the Galaxy buds would be a big plus.

Noise cancelling etc. is not a requirement.

I haven't found any yet, but the Shure/Westone style small diameter nozzles would be awesome as I have fairly narrow earcanals. The more common larger nozzle diameters usually aren't a big issue, but limit my choice of eartips to single flange silicone.

As I want to use them for falling asleep, battery life is not that important. 2 hours would be plenty, but loud control or battery low tones are an absolute no-go.

The Earin M2 could be an interesting choice. Really small, light and good SQ. For the sleep, I think it's a good option.

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #14,933 of 62,436
Interesting, sounds a bit like the Bose QC20 or TaoTronics EP-01 (both wired ANC IEMs) they don't have much passive Isolation to speak of, probably because they have this grille in the back.

It seems they block more wind noise than the X12? These work great for running but not so much for bike riding due to the wind noise.

it definitely blocks more than the X12. it's a happy medium between open isolation earbuds/airpods style and full isolation IEM types.

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #14,934 of 62,436
After almost a week, I am leaning strongly toward returning my APP. I have too many better sounding options to want to reach for them. Not necessarily dissing them but I do think the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. For 250, I expected better. The sonys are available for 150, and seem like a better value. Even though they lack sweatproofing, my guess is they will survive a little sweat.
They do fine with a bit of sweat (maybe more). I use them for the gym all the time, and granted, I typically wear them when weight training, but they are still perfectly fine.

I felt the same about the APP. I actually liked a lot about them, but the sound just was a nagging feeling the the back of my head, which was basically the feeling of my bank account with $250 less and the average sound reminding me of that every second.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #14,936 of 62,436
So let me get this straight...

I haven't checked this thread in a few weeks and I come back to find out that the Airpods Pro are the best in class TWS in regards to mic, comfort, ANC, and have way above average SQ?

Is there really nothing that comes close to being such a complete package? Granted you can get better SQ, but I need a good mic for work calls, good ANC for yard work and travel, and I need it to be COMFORTABLE which, after so my years being on this forum, is the most underrated discussion point here at headfi.

Too bad I have an Android - Pixel 4 XL - and not the biggest fan of the Airpod design in general, but I guess I'll just hold off for now. The good news is that the Airpods Pro will now help set a new benchmark for all other brands. Fingers crossed.

Nov 5, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #14,937 of 62,436
If you are interested... TRANYA RIMOR, with ANC. Presale.

https://www.tranya.com/rimor-true-wirless-earbuds-p0022.html
Already sold out??? Also doesn't seem like real ANC. ENC just refers to passive noise isolation while CVC is used for calls. Nice to see them finally use USB-Type C, but I have doubts whether it truly supports Type C to Type C cables. At this price point, it have been nice to have either Qi charging and/or AptX...

Any more news about a budget (<150$ USD) Ambient Sound + Type C + AptX TWS?

Nov 5, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #14,938 of 62,436
So let me get this straight...

I haven't checked this thread in a few weeks and I come back to find out that the Airpods Pro are the best in class TWS in regards to mic, comfort, ANC, and have way above average SQ?

Is there really nothing that comes close to being such a complete package? Granted you can get better SQ, but I need a good mic for work calls, good ANC for yard work and travel, and I need it to be COMFORTABLE which, after so my years being on this forum, is the most underrated discussion point here at headfi.

Too bad I have an Android - Pixel 4 XL - and not the biggest fan of the Airpod design in general, but I guess I'll just hold off for now. The good news is that the Airpods Pro will now help set a new benchmark for all other brands. Fingers crossed.
If you're an iOS user, they are the complete package, sans SQ, which is a solid 7/10.

Switching gears a bit, but I also picked up the Bowers & Wilkins PX5, which sound absolutely stunning. aptX adaptive and all that jazz! Great for calls, too!

Back to the thread...if the APP had an iOS integrated EQ that interacted directly with the on-board DSP, I think you'd arguably have the most complete package out there (assuming the driver can handle EQ).

Nov 5, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #14,939 of 62,436
If you're an iOS user, they are the complete package, sans SQ, which is a solid 7/10.

Switching gears a bit, but I also picked up the Bowers & Wilkins PX5, which sound absolutely stunning. aptX adaptive and all that jazz! Great for calls, too!

Back to the thread...if the APP had an iOS integrated EQ that interacted directly with the on-board DSP, I think you'd arguably have the most complete package out there (assuming the driver can handle EQ).

Is there even anything that's been announced for the near future that could potentially compete with the Airpods Pro in regards to being a complete package?

Regarding the PX5, I'd actually so prefer something like these, but don't think they'll hold up for outside use, especially yard work...

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #14,940 of 62,436
Is there even anything that's been announced for the near future that could potentially compete with the Airpods Pro in regards to being a complete package?

Regarding the PX5, I'd actually so prefer something like these, but don't think they'll hold up for outside use, especially yard work...

MW07+ for me is the closest in theory. Had to return two different sets due to connectivity issues unfortunately, but they had awesome battery life, ANC and Transparency, fantastic sound, great call quality (on par with the APP), and a super nice case and design. Right now I'm trying out APP and I definitely like them, but agree that there are some SQ issues particularly in the highs. Still going to use them for the full 14 day return period to see if they're keepers. Right now the feature set on the APP with an iPhone is just seamless, and the ANC/Transparency works sooo well. Surprising the APP also work with my windows computer with ease. The SQ is definitely not the best, but it's also not the worst and it actually provides a really nice casual listening experience - though it breaks down somewhat when you really start paying attention. I'm also realizing that since I'm usually using my earbuds outdoors in NYC, this ends up inevitably hindering the SQ of better sounding TWS anyway, and the effectiveness of the APP's ANC makes a big difference in maintaining SQ despite loud outside noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back