Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 5, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #14,881 of 62,458
Has anyone here had their stuff shipped by SunYou Express and actually received it?

Yes, all my orders from uncle Ali that were shipped through SunYou have arrived... Eventually...

Every single one has taken a lot longer than expected. Longest it took was somewhere around 50-ish days iirc.

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #14,883 of 62,458
quick question: if not regarding the price difference, which one is better in sound, and also overall: the Mpow T5 or the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 5100? does the B Pro 5100 has APTX support?
Looked through the rest of the page only up to this point, so if you already have a decision then disregard i suppose. having owned both, the backbeat pro 5100 have a better feature set over all, but not for $124.99 USD mor than the T5. T5 can't be used individually, have a very forward sound with ample bass and sound pretty great for calls. Backbeat pro support HD calling, not applicable if your carrier doesn't provide it, but a nice feature none the less. Calls sound better on this headset than the 65T immo. Ran it through different tests for a review i did, with vacume noises, my birds, a loud TV, walking away from the phone etc. was able to create issues with them but a considerable distance from the phone and through some really thick walls. These have less treble than the T5 and less mids with lots of bass, but a really enjoyable fun sound as well in a different way. loved them. But not for the price. I'd wait if this purchase is for you, Check out the Mavin Air XR someone posted a couple pages back.

Nov 5, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #14,884 of 62,458
AirPods Pro: AirPods sure have come a long way.(...)

(Addendum: You can use these with Android, with a few caveats.

1. I got a weird low-volume surging noise on the right bud when noise cancellation was on. This went away after I paired them with my iPad and ran the Ear Tip test.

2. You can either toggle noise cancellation or toggle ambient mode, but you can't turn either feature off completely. This worked for me since I almost always operate in one of these modes, but this reduces your play time to 4 hours from 5.

3. You need iOS to run the Ear Tip test. It plays a sample of Awake by Tycho and uses its constant EQ feature to ensure that the sound quality is up to par. If you have an iOS device on hand and are new to IEMs or just aren't sure if you're getting the right fit, I would pair the AirPods Pro to it and give this a try.

4. Play/pause controls from the stems work as expected.)

About 2, this is incorrect, like I wrote in my review the other day you CAN have the three mode ANC OFF/ANC ON/Ambient in Android, you just have to activate them in the iOS app AFTER you've paired the APPs with your Android.

Nov 5, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #14,885 of 62,458
As I'm a chronic insomniac, I'm looking for a set of wireless IEMs that I can use to help me get to sleep.

I have tried a few things, but wired doesn't work (I woke up with a cable pretty tight around my neck a few times). I already have the Fiio BT cable to use with several of my IEMs, but this just doesn't work for me, the cable with the battery/control housings and blinky light is too annoying. So I got myself a set of the Galaxy buds, which are a big improvement, as there's no wire and blinking lights to annoy me. But they stick out too far to comfortably lay on one ear.

Can you guys (and gals) recommend me a set of true wireless IEMs?

Some brainfarts about my preferences:
I'd prefer something that has a somewhat similar shape (as in no stems sticking out like airpods or cylindrical body etc) as the Galaxy buds, but as small and physically flat as possible. But just a few mm less thickness than a Galaxy buds would probably be enough to work.

Also I'd prefer no buttons that can get triggered when laying on my side. Touch controls are ok, but being able to disable them like with the Galaxy buds would be a big plus.

Noise cancelling etc. is not a requirement.

I haven't found any yet, but the Shure/Westone style small diameter nozzles would be awesome as I have fairly narrow earcanals. The more common larger nozzle diameters usually aren't a big issue, but limit my choice of eartips to single flange silicone.

As I want to use them for falling asleep, battery life is not that important. 2 hours would be plenty, but loud control or battery low tones are an absolute no-go.

Nov 5, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #14,886 of 62,458
All these features have to be set up through iOS:
[1] Updates are automatic through iOS: Settings > About > [Person's] AirPod Pros. If there is an update, it should prompt to update here if it isn't already updated. Current version is 2B584.
[2] The microphone that points towards the eardrum is actually what does this. More specifically it's canceling out any noise that occurs within the eardrum and it does a very good job of it. It also attributes to some of the "openness" that one may hear with them on. If you turn off both transparency and noise canceling then you'll get the thumps again. I've been told that the Sony WF-1000XM3, Bose, and I believe the MW07 cancel out ear canal noise as well (someone else quoted me saying they did), but haven't been able to confirm this myself. Basically two things are being noise canceled, external noise and internal noise.
[3] Two was to access this on iOS (and one on Android, must be setup on iOS first!): 1) open up control center (on bezel less phones swipe down from the right side of the screen, on all others swipe up from the bottom), then long/force press the volume controls and you'll see the "Noise Cancelation", "Off", and "Transparency" settings in there. 2) Settings > Bluetooth > [Person's] AirPod Pros > Press and Hold AirPods > [Left/Right/Both] > Noise Control (if not already selected) > enable cycling of "Off".

No the MW07+ does not have an internal mic for what's called "Feedback ANC", hence the "mild" ANC described here and in reviews I suppose, the outside mic is used for what's called "Forcefeed ANC". As far as TWEs go, the Sony xm3, the Libratone Track Air+ and the APPs have both. Not sure about the Echo Buds but given how effective their ANR is said to be I wouldn't be surprised if they had it too...in spite of Bose's claims that their ANC will be better :wink:

Talking about the Echo Buds, are there more people here who got them ? The feedback so far has been excellent on all counts !

Nov 5, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #14,887 of 62,458
Talking about the Echo Buds, are there more people here who got them ? The feedback so far has been excellent on all counts !

Mine will be here today. I'll be sure to update everyone after I get some time with them.

Nov 5, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #14,888 of 62,458
Hi
What's give better sound?
Shanling 100 or lypertek tevi?

I don't know which is better , and which to buy
I have the MTW 100BA, mids could be better, not much depth to them. Wish they had a bit mor treble, though feel like they've gotten a bit better in both aspects as i've listened mor. AKA. brain burnin lol. That said, these are fantastic for classical, jazz etc. Don't feel like especially in TWS that any pair should only sound best with 1 genre, and not necessarily saying that's the case here. I just am not reaching for them when i want to hear Devin Townsend Project for example. Also, have been out of town for several days, and so will give them another listen when i get home. I only brought my Sennheiser Momentums and Anbes 359. Great duo imo. The Tevi's are great all arounders, but should be a hair less maybe by $30 USD. But they are pretty great feature wise as well. Both can be used indipendently, IPX7, nice case, though i like Mpow's take on the case better, eel like it's better suited for the case. That might sound weird, it could be because i owned the T5s first, so maybe a weird bias> The Tevi's are also pretty great for calls as well, and charge via USB-C. They are not bass monsters like the T5s, which aren't muddy, they just have considerably mor bass. I'd say if you can, and returns are easy, get both. And if your budget is such you can keep them both, you probably won't be disapointed. But out of those 2, best bang for your buck etc, the Tevi's are the better way to go.

Nov 5, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #14,889 of 62,458
@hifi80sman if i remember correctly, you had owned the Galaxy buds, MPow T5, and the Backbeat Pro 5100? how do you compare them purely on sound and feature wise (not factoring in the price)?
Sound, Calls, Comfort probably all go to the BackBeat Pro 5100, assuming you prefer a meaty bass response. Mids are a natural, perhaps a bit pulled back, while the highs get a little splash, but they are not fatiguing at all. The Galaxy Buds have a clean, airy sound, but the bass left me wanting.

Features, both the Galaxy Buds and the BackBeat Pro 5100 have an App where you can customize the buttons, however, the BackBeat Pro 5100 does not have EQ or Ambient Mode, so the edge here goes to the Galaxy Buds.

If you don't care about Ambient Mode, then I think the BackBeat Pro 5100 comes out on top.

The MPOW T5 are the best value, but I wouldn't lump them in with the Galaxy Buds or the BackBeat Pro 5100, which both are just more mature products.

Nov 5, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #14,890 of 62,458
Wavefun has confirmed the Xpods 3T has 600mah battery (vs 400 of the original) in the case and Qi charging. Now we wait until 11.11 for a sale price...

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #14,891 of 62,458
We have the latest combo creation...QCR Q1
QCR-Q1-Wireless-bluetooth-earphone-earbuds-Multi-function-MP3-Player-Headest-IPX7-Waterpoor-9D-TWS-Headphone.jpg

Earpod style buds that are IPX7
H015cef4a922c438cb137165e27790a40V.jpg

6000mah power bank to charge a device or recharge the buds about 50 times. Also has a flashlight and pedometer and FM radio. Not sure how it receives radio signal though. I did ask how much memory it has and how the radio is supposed to work and if it has a 3.5mm jack hidden somewhere. Also claims to work in the car and that the buds work with other phones and stuff...
He75e6fdfa59c4847b37f8dc01fb31660g.jpg

Seems to be getting a bit better.
this could be very interestring for running, just add music to the case and run with that. I'm going to order it

Nov 5, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #14,892 of 62,458
oke I quoted this from a youtube user from a earlier video here... comparison between tevi mpow t5 and l2pro... .quote: This is shocking! I own both. The Tevi sounds great if you don’t care for much bass , but there is no comparison to the L2pro. The Tevi is grossly overpriced by about $45. Buy the MPOW T5. It’s a Tevi w/o the graphene driver that can be Eq’d to sound nearly identical and it’s $40. The knowles BA in the L2Pro is so much crisper and cleaner than the Tevi. The L2pro has incredible textured bass, a huge 10 mm driver, where the Tevi’s has a dynamic 6mm driver and the bass is balanced at best, more sub bass. I’ve tested over 50 TWS’ and The L2pro sounds similar to the Sony 1000-xm3 and is one of the best sounding tws’ on the market. It’s one weakness is the lack of a manual EQ and I’d like it to have more mid range. The microphone on the L2Pro isn’t great either. Soundcore is releasing a new version of the L2Pro on 2-3 weeks that fixes some of the initial hissing and microphone issues. I’d strongly recommend not using the stock tips on either they are garbage. Get some spinfits 360’s or some JVC spiral dots. Trust me wide bore ear tips make a HUGE difference in the sound.

Nov 5, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #14,894 of 62,458
btw there is a cheaper version of soundcore liberty pro 2.... tws the Soundcore Liberty Neo this one is cheaper anyone tried this.... would like to know if its great deal or not? anyone has a insight in this tws?

review:

amazon link

https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Headphones-Noise-Canceling-Sweatproof/dp/B07MCGZK3B

edit: another youtube user said ... quote:
FYI: The Liberty Lite is slighty lighter but the Neo has slightly fuller sound. They do look very similiar.

these are short impressions so yeah I could only find limited info anyway.. the soundcore neo has a graphene driver... which I think they could be bassy/ and good dynamics from earlier experience and good mids...

soundcore liberty pro 2 has a knowless driver in it... so seperation needs to be on point here.. due that I dont have them both but have experience with both drivers... I think this summerize it a bit for me at least

btw I like graphene drivers a lot so I think soundcore liberty neo is gonna be on my order list

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #14,895 of 62,458
I know this is a bit off topic, but since many here use AliExpress, let me ask this question / raise a warning:

Has anyone here had their stuff shipped by SunYou Express and actually received it?

I have 2 deliveries stuck in Guanghzou after they allegedly went from Shenzen to HongKong back to mainland China, since then (10/15) no further update on tracking, while AE marks them as 'arrived in destination country' ... I found a review site on shipping services and it does not look good AT ALL.

Now, for a recent order, I made sure (so i thought) by selecting POS Malaysia (which has worked well in the past) and now I see the seller has used SunYou! Now my money is tied up for 2 months before I can dispute and get it back.

Guess the universe is telling me that I have too many TWE ...
I'm new with AE. Just about to use their service on 11/11. So may I know which shipping company is more preferred there? Does the free shipping company AE offered like the china post registered air mail or aliexpress standard shipping is dependable? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back