Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 4, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #14,851 of 63,208
Hello, I am looking for a nice pair of true wireless earphones. My budget is around 50$ but I ofc would prefer to spend as less as possible. After looking I found Blitzwolf BW-FYE7 which seems very nice for their price. Anyone has other recommendations?
The BlitzWolf are a little bass-boomy, look cool, but don't sound as good as they look. They are not bad, in fact, I still have them and didn't feel then need to return, but they're nothing special. For the around the same price, the MPOW T5 are much better. I would classify them as a quality entry-level TWS. They work well for calls too.

Nov 4, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #14,854 of 63,208
Hello all, new user here. have browsed this thread for 2 years and this site for the best part of 10. I am all about TWS and running. Have owned numerous IEMs from the seinhesser Cx100, shure 215, ibasso it01, and now I'm donning the little known (except for this forum) the ANBES359. I have been running for a few years now and have valued feedback.
Started with the shure 215s, built like a brick house these things are sturdy and take a beating but they are old.
Upgraded to ibasso it01 and these are brilliant, and my go to wired option if travelling. I must have gone thru 5 different iem cables when running with these as the salt, sweat and rain would cook the cable within 4 weeks. The ibasso iems themselves took beatings and the original cable started to build salt corrosion after 1yr of running. I had a full year of running and failed cables including the BT20. They just didn't handle the heat and humidity and insuing sweat. Enter headfi advice on ANBES359. I picked these up for the price of an Iem cable. I have run over 800kms in these things, 5 times a week. They will not break, they will keep going they sound great and they are cheap. I ran a marathon in these bad boys and after 2.5hrs the battery dies (probably it's only shortfall but how many marathons to people run?) I put them in the case for 15mins and finished the race with them playing. Easily the best purchase I have made in years. They sound amazing and with foam tips I get that proper seal and they sound better than the tips they come with, but have to remove the foams to they fit in the charger case but that's their only issue. If u are a runner/exercise/workout type of person these are the ones you want. Thankyou headfi and all the knowledge you provide and I will keep browsing, the iem game is always evolving. Enjoy

Nov 4, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #14,855 of 63,208
We have the latest combo creation...QCR Q1
QCR-Q1-Wireless-bluetooth-earphone-earbuds-Multi-function-MP3-Player-Headest-IPX7-Waterpoor-9D-TWS-Headphone.jpg

Earpod style buds that are IPX7
H015cef4a922c438cb137165e27790a40V.jpg

6000mah power bank to charge a device or recharge the buds about 50 times. Also has a flashlight and pedometer and FM radio. Not sure how it receives radio signal though. I did ask how much memory it has and how the radio is supposed to work and if it has a 3.5mm jack hidden somewhere. Also claims to work in the car and that the buds work with other phones and stuff...
He75e6fdfa59c4847b37f8dc01fb31660g.jpg

upload_2019-11-4_17-35-35.png

Seems to be getting a bit better.

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-4_17-34-59.png
    upload_2019-11-4_17-34-59.png
    985.5 KB · Views: 0
Nov 4, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #14,857 of 63,208
Oh man; this thread is the holy grail of TWS. I've tried so many! Here are my quick thoughts on all of the pairs I've used over the years. Note: I have small ears, so fit is a challenge for me:

AirPods v1: Easiest Bluetooth headphones to pair ever, especially on a Mac, but surprisingly easy on other devices as well. Sound is okay, not great. Isolation is absent. AAC only. Control system kind of stinks; taps are worse than buttons. Phone calls are God-tier; could use these anywhere. Battery life okay at 5 hours, though in the past it was the best you could get. Being able to use each pod independently made this feel longer. No transparency mode or ANC. Case was pocketable; fit in the coin pocket. Recommend.

Bragi Dash Pros: A bit challenging to pair. Even more challenging to update. Sound is okay for $100; poor for $300. Bass is basically absent, mids and highs a bit muddy. No separation and shoebox-sized soundstage; worse than other IEMs. I'd say the sound profile was below-flat. Isolation was very good. Control system was very good; 4D menu was well beyond its years. AAC only. Abysmal for phone calls; troublesome indoors and unusable outdoors. Also, phone calls were imbalanced, which was annoying. Battery life okay at 3.5 hours; using its features brought that down a bit. Transparency mode was God-tier; nothing comes close to it. Case was a brick; not pocketable. They were waterproof, but they also had terrible QC; showering with them broke them twice. Didn't use the fitness features; already had a smartwatch. Sadly, do not recommend.

Custom Bragi/Starkey Dash Pro.
A massive rollercoaster ride. Same as Dash Pro, but with more bass b/c custom. Sound was actually okay after using the Mimi equalizer that came with the app. Heavily depends on how well they fit, which is an ordeal. I needed to use Otoferm to wear these every time, but my ears typically run dry. (I have to use lubricant for my custom-molded sleep ear plugs, too.) Massive pain to get repaired; expect two weeks wait time every time. Isolation is unmatched, though. You can tune everything out at one tick above minimum volume. Insane. That's why it was such a rollercoaster ride. They were so, so good to use on flights, issues aside. Considered ordering another set to deal with the battery issues, but that plan died when Bragi did. Sadly, do not recommend.

Jabra Elite 65t:
Easy to pair; not as easy as AirPods. Easy to update, but took a while. Sound is good, but not great. Like AirPods, but better. AAC only. Control system was fine, though physical buttons can be tiring on your ears. Fit was a massive sore spot for me; could not wear them past two hours. Comply tips sort-of worked, but they wouldn't fit in the case if you used them. Call quality was great, but struggled outdoors. Battery life okay at 3.5 hours, though this is low-end now. Transparency mode was passable; things sounded slightly robotic. Case was pocketable; fit in the coin pocket. Recommend...if they fit you.

B&O Beoplay E8:
Easy to pair. Easy to update, but took a while. I didn't like the sound profile. Heavy-ish bass for no reason. Felt artificial. Mids and highs okay. Small soundstage, as expected. AAC only. Control system was annoying; don't remember much about it except it annoying me. Fit was amazing, especially with normal-sized Comply tips (which they used no problem). Call quality was absolute trash. Transparency mode was trash too; everything sounded underwater. Really liked the case, but it was big. Not pocketable. Do not recommend.

Sennheiser Momentum TW:
Easy-ish to pair. Easy to update, but took a while. LOVED how these sounded. Bass was big, but not overbearing. Mids and highs were crisp. Great clarity, and great separation. I'd say the sound was light V-shaped. AAC and AptX supported. Fit was amazing, especially with Comply tips (which they used no problem). Call quality was not great, but passable. Fine for using indoors. Transparency mode was fine. Life-like, but quiet. Really liked the case; felt quality. Pocketable. Battery life was fine at 5-ish hours, but they have a massive bug wherein the earbuds essentially never enter sleep mode. Consequently, they need constant charging and will not only discharge rapidly when the battery in the case is dead, but they will also pair with your phone while they are in the case. The number of times I tried to use the headphones but couldn't becasue they were either dead or close to dying was too damn high. Updates have addressed the issue (they sort-of sleep now), but it's still an open issue. No idea how these got the ok for Production with this regression open, but it is what it is. Recommend.

Samsung Galaxy Buds:
Very easy to pair, especially if you have a Samsung phone. Easy to update. A lot of people seem to like how these sound, but I don't think they sound that great. Mids and highs sound artificial to me. Bass was lacking. Tried hard to find it with a bunch of different tips. AAC and Samsung Scalable Codec (SBC-derivative) only. Fit was really good; not as so-comfy-you'll-forget-them as the Senns were. Call quality was not great, but passable. Fine for using indoors. Transparency mode was passable; not great. This feature, along with a bunch of others, only works if you have an Android device. Everyone sounded robotic, but I got used to them. Very small case. Very pocketable; fit in my coin pocket. Recommend.

PowerBeats Pro: AirPods-easy to pair. Updates automatically. Great sound. Nice bass, heavy. Mids and highs clean enough. Small soundstage. AAC only. Fit was great. Ear hooks could be more adjustable though. Isolation wasn't great, even with Complys. Call quality was AirPods-tier, so really good. No transparency mode. Big case, not pocketable. Stereo pair breaks up in congested Bluetooth airspace. You need to invoke Siri or Google Assistant to fix. Very annoying, but I'm assuming this isn't a problem with iPhones. Recommend.

Master and Dynamics MW07+:
Pairing experience is alright. You have to take out the right bud to pair it with another device. A bit annoying, especially with Complys on. Updating experience uncertain, since they don't come with an app. These sound really good. The bass doesn't attack as hard as the Momentums do, but it is REALLY clean. Listening to jazz on these is nice, but the Senns are better for trap with that heavy bass. You hear it more than you feel it...but sometimes you feel it. Mids and highs are CRISPY. Super duper clean. Beautiful separation; better than the Senns, as the treble isn't as sibilant. Soundstage feels bigger than it really is. These support SBC HD and AptX. They theoretically support AAC, but I can't use them as such with my Mac. They still sound quite good through SBC alone, but this might deter iPhone users. Call quality surprised me. These are AMAZING for calls. Extremely usable indoors and out. Fit is really good; I can wear these for hours no problem. Transparency mode is okay, but not great. Senns were better here. Almost life-like, but quiet. LOVE this case. It's cold and unapologetic stainless steel. Yes, it's a fingerprint magnet, but it also looks SUPER cool. Very pocketable. Fits in coin pocket. Highly recommend.

AirPods Pro: ~~
Pending.~~

AirPods Pro: AirPods sure have come a long way. Traditionally amazing pairing experience. Couldn't be easier on iOS, and is easier than most other truly wireless headphones on Android. You can't update them yourself as far as I know. The original AirPods did not sound that great. These are a completely different animal. Sound quality was incredible. They approximate the sound signature I get with the MW07+ headphones with slightly less clarity. Bass and mids are much cleaner on these than the original AirPods. Good soundstage; MW07+ feels bigger (still smaller than over the ears, but bigger than they should be given their size). AAC only, just like the original AirPods. Good call quality, as expected, but what really surprised me is that the MW07+ seems to have better call quality than these! This is a first for me. Control scheme is great; major improvement from the originals. Loving the force-touch button on the stem. Fit is a significant improvement over the original AirPods; I forget that these are in my ear almost immediately. Also, these somehow nearly eliminate the thump noise that you get with other IEMs while walking, which is absolutely incredible. Transparency mode is about as good as the MW07, so okay, not great. MW07+ have better noise cancelling abilities, but these are very good. Case is awesome; it's like the original AirPods case, but rotated. Fits in coin pocket. While I ultimately gave these to my wife, I am seriously considering trading in my Momentums for a pair of these. Worth every single penny of the $250 I paid for them. Highly recommend.

(Addendum: You can use these with Android, with a few caveats.

1. I got a weird low-volume surging noise on the right bud when noise cancellation was on. This went away after I paired them with my iPad and ran the Ear Tip test.

2. You can either toggle noise cancellation or toggle ambient mode, but you can't turn either feature off completely. This worked for me since I almost always operate in one of these modes, but this reduces your play time to 4 hours from 5.

3. You need iOS to run the Ear Tip test. It plays a sample of Awake by Tycho and uses its constant EQ feature to ensure that the sound quality is up to par. If you have an iOS device on hand and are new to IEMs or just aren't sure if you're getting the right fit, I would pair the AirPods Pro to it and give this a try.

4. Play/pause controls from the stems work as expected.)

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #14,859 of 63,208
imo the Lypertek are awesome but different than the mpows. They definitely have a bit more soundstage, definition in the highs, and a slightly more natural midrange, but the bass on the mpows is much more impactful and they still sound great for the price. Kinda depends on what you’re looking for but they have different signatures.

i bet for outdoor noisy environments the MPow would be better. i was thinking of buying the Tevi, but reading reviews of it's signature sound, i would eventually end up only using it indoors.. which it would be redundant as i already have 3 BT20S combos for that

Nov 4, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #14,860 of 63,208
I'm not sure what you're asking but I own the following.
Sony Wf1000XM3
Sennheiser Momentum TW
Power beats pro TW
Earin M2
Jabra Elite 65t Active.
And this is also the order in which I rank them as well for my tastes.

Thank you for your reply. I am surprised that Jabra is last... I heard they were not too bad. So in your opinion Sony sound that much better? My main concern is the sound.

Nov 4, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #14,861 of 63,208
Hi folks,

On the market for new buds. I can get the Galaxy Bud's, Soundcore L2PRO and Jabra 65t for 199 in Canada and I would say that the most I would go for.

I understand 75t is around the corner but it should come around 229. Not sure if the waiting is worth tough.

Nov 4, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #14,862 of 63,208
@hifi80sman if i remember correctly, you had owned the Galaxy buds, MPow T5, and the Backbeat Pro 5100? how do you compare them purely on sound and feature wise (not factoring in the price)?

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #14,863 of 63,208
Hello all, new user here. have browsed this thread for 2 years and this site for the best part of 10. I am all about TWS and running. Have owned numerous IEMs from the seinhesser Cx100, shure 215, ibasso it01, and now I'm donning the little known (except for this forum) the ANBES359. I have been running for a few years now and have valued feedback.
Started with the shure 215s, built like a brick house these things are sturdy and take a beating but they are old.
Upgraded to ibasso it01 and these are brilliant, and my go to wired option if travelling. I must have gone thru 5 different iem cables when running with these as the salt, sweat and rain would cook the cable within 4 weeks. The ibasso iems themselves took beatings and the original cable started to build salt corrosion after 1yr of running. I had a full year of running and failed cables including the BT20. They just didn't handle the heat and humidity and insuing sweat. Enter headfi advice on ANBES359. I picked these up for the price of an Iem cable. I have run over 800kms in these things, 5 times a week. They will not break, they will keep going they sound great and they are cheap. I ran a marathon in these bad boys and after 2.5hrs the battery dies (probably it's only shortfall but how many marathons to people run?) I put them in the case for 15mins and finished the race with them playing. Easily the best purchase I have made in years. They sound amazing and with foam tips I get that proper seal and they sound better than the tips they come with, but have to remove the foams to they fit in the charger case but that's their only issue. If u are a runner/exercise/workout type of person these are the ones you want. Thankyou headfi and all the knowledge you provide and I will keep browsing, the iem game is always evolving. Enjoy

pretty much agreeing with all of the above. One thing though that some runners dislike is the thumping sound (which you get from pretty much all IEM style tws)

May I ask which marathon that was? Always looking for races that still allow headphones. Singapore i.e. does
Biggest turn off at an IRONMAN 2 years back was that they strictly followed IAAF rules and banned all types of headphones.

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #14,864 of 63,208
pretty much agreeing with all of the above. One thing though that some runners dislike is the thumping sound (which you get from pretty much all IEM style tws)

May I ask which marathon that was? Always looking for races that still allow headphones. Singapore i.e. does
Biggest turn off at an IRONMAN 2 years back was that they strictly followed IAAF rules and banned all types of headphones.
Sydney marathon in September

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #14,865 of 63,208
Thank you for your reply. I am surprised that Jabra is last... I heard they were not too bad. So in your opinion Sony sound that much better? My main concern is the sound.
To me the Sonys sound amazing! The senns are a very close 2nd. You can't go wrong with either. The Jabras aren't bad, but no where near my top 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back