Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 1, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #14,688 of 62,436
Well Liberty 2 Pro are now available in Canada at $199CAD. So now I start saving and make my final decision.

As much as I like ANC at times, it always has issues in wind even with settings like wind reduction from Sony. So I am a bit reluctant to buy the WF-1000XM3 but to mention they are $300CAD.

I am willing to try the Echo Buds as they are very low profile and have ANC but I worry a bit about BA only sound as I generally prefer either a Dynamic only or hybrid driver solution for sound.

I like the look of the new Jabra 75T but suspect they won't have good enough sound quality.

Which brings me back around to the L2P, while I think it might be a bit big, I have more confidence in its audio quality, call quality, and over all design and battery life. It just ticks alot of the right boxes for me aside from size and lack of ANC or ambient sound modes. I think I will have to go L2P...

Nov 1, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #14,689 of 62,436
Just wanted to add my 2 cents about the Airpod Pros. First, I am not an Apple fan. In fact, I've never purchased nor wanted any Apple products. I much prefer the very open Android ecosystem. My phone is a Google Pixel 4 XL.

With that, the Airpod pros are the best TWS earphones that I've used (and that includes several, Anbes, Jabra 65t, etc...). The ANC is dramatic. When you first put them in your ears, before pairing, they are by default in ANC mode when they turn on. And all of a sudden the noise in my room (deep air conditioner sound) just went near silent. It was dramatic (but in a very good way), like the sound in a movie when someone has a panic attack and everything goes silent.

The case is 2/3 the size of the Anbes UFO. The earbuds are very comfortable and light. They don't stick an inch out of your ear, like a Frankenstein electrode (Samsung, Amazon, Jabra, and others). The stem (which is now shorter) has the new pinch sensor, which works great and is very convenient.

Again, this is from someone who does not like Apple products and is using them with a Google Pixel. There is not another product out there right now that can come close. But obviously all of that comes at a fairly steep price. And if you are an audiophile for whom size/comfort/ANC are not as important to you, you may want to look elsewhere. The sound quality is very good, but won't blow you away (Anbes sound a little better to me).

Just sharing, if it helps anyone out.

Nov 1, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #14,690 of 62,436
The sound quality is very good, but won't blow you away (Anbes sound a little better to me)

I agree with you but this is the heart of the issue: how is it that $40 chi fi can sound similar or better than $250 apple buds. Couldn't apple do better?

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #14,691 of 62,436
I agree with you but this is the heart of the issue: how is it that $40 chi fi can sound similar or better than $250 apple buds. Couldn't apple do better?
They don't need to do better, fanboys would buy a polished turd anytime as long as it from Apple. Success in sales doesn't equate to sound quality, see Beats.

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #14,692 of 62,436
Just wanted to add my 2 cents about the Airpod Pros. First, I am not an Apple fan. In fact, I've never purchased nor wanted any Apple products. I much prefer the very open Android ecosystem. My phone is a Google Pixel 4 XL.

With that, the Airpod pros are the best TWS earphones that I've used (and that includes several, Anbes, Jabra 65t, etc...). The ANC is dramatic. When you first put them in your ears, before pairing, they are by default in ANC mode when they turn on. And all of a sudden the noise in my room (deep air conditioner sound) just went near silent. It was dramatic (but in a very good way), like the sound in a movie when someone has a panic attack and everything goes silent.

The case is 2/3 the size of the Anbes UFO. The earbuds are very comfortable and light. They don't stick an inch out of your ear, like a Frankenstein electrode (Samsung, Amazon, Jabra, and others). The stem (which is now shorter) has the new pinch sensor, which works great and is very convenient.

Again, this is from someone who does not like Apple products and is using them with a Google Pixel. There is not another product out there right now that can come close. But obviously all of that comes at a fairly steep price. And if you are an audiophile for whom size/comfort/ANC are not as important to you, you may want to look elsewhere. The sound quality is very good, but won't blow you away (Anbes sound a little better to me).

Just sharing, if it helps anyone out.

This is a great unbiased comment. Thank you. I can’t wait for mine to arrive.

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #14,693 of 62,436
They don't need to do better, fanboys would buy a polished turd anytime as long as it from Apple. Success in sales doesn't equate to sound quality, see Beats.

Is this where we add “ And haters gonna hate”?
I’m no fanboy, but I do like the seamless integration. I haven’t heard them yet, but if they give me 80-90% of SQ plus all the other attributes, and I’m ok w the price, sounds like a slamdunk.

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #14,694 of 62,436
The AirPods Pro are proving that there was always a market for $250 headphones given a desirable-enough product. These are currently backordered several weeks out.

I actually feel really bad for Bragi here because they were many years ahead of Apple when they dropped the Dash in 2014 (ambient mode, passive noise cancellation, in-ear, waterproof), but very few people thought they were worth their $350 asking price and, unlike Apple, they didn't have infinite money to fall back on.
All this proves is that the general public is severely uneducated when it comes to TWS and they'll buy anything Apple puts out. I've commented on several Air Pod Pro Youtube reviews and half of these dudes have never ever heard of the Sony WF-1000MX3, Liberty 2 Pro , MW07+ or any of the other medium/ high end TWS' available. Apple's marketing obviously reaches much further, but Look at the MBP and the Iphone, How many people spend money they don't have for a $1000-3000 Phone or Laptop, when you can get a comparable product for half the price? Don't get me wrong I love my iphone, Ipad etc. and i'm heavily invested in Apple's ecosystem but i'm all about the best product for the money and the reality is that many of Apple's products do not fall in to that category, and for $250 they Air Pods Pro are included.

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #14,695 of 62,436
Not sure if you all saw but new Nuarl coming...
013.jpg

The NUARL N6 series is equipped with the NUARL DRIVER [N6] , a 6.0mm dynamic full range driver with the highest grade neodymium magnet and a unique magnetic circuit with reduced heat demagnetization during long-term drive. It combines two types of composite vibrating membranes that have been newly developed with an emphasis on sound quality. Two models of the N6 and N6 Pro are available.

The base model, the N6, adopts the NUARL DRIVER [N6]v3, which uses a PTT multilayer film diaphragm with TPE and titanium film deposition on the surface of a PEEK vibrating film with excellent rigidity and elasticity. It is said to play a powerful sound with a sharp from the high to the low. The body color is gloss black and silver.

The N6 Pro uses the NUARL DRIVER [N6]v5, which uses a single-walled carbon nanotube with high mechanical strength and excellent energy conversion efficiency, and the SWCNT composite diaphragm, which is vacuum deposited and bonded with two vibrating membranes. It is tuned to a flat sound quality and can reproduce even fine small sounds. The body color is matte black and red copper.

The driver is modularized in a metal housing and combined with a DSP with a built-in SoC to perform delicate sound quality tuning using analog and digital tones. In addition, t.B.I's patented technology "HDSS" will be adopted to realize the spread of natural sound with thickness and three-dimensional feeling.

Bluetooth is version 5.0, profile corresponds to A2DP/HFP/HSP/AVRCP, codec is SBC/AAC/aptX. The continuous playback time of the earphone alone is about 11 hours at the time of SBC/AAC playback, and about 8 hours at the time of aptX playback. It can be used for up to 55 hours in combination with the charging case, and the charging terminal adopts USB Type-C.

Battery is good at 11 and 8 for aptx but I like the 3 buttons. We need more 3 buttons since it is painfully obvious and we probably should be done with convoluted controls and triple pressing by now :) No TWS on this one though. It senses the battery levels and rotates master to even the battery discharge. A bit odd since the new NT01AA will be TWS,
nt01a_thumb.jpg
Lower price, graphite diaphragm, less accessories 10 horse per charge and only 35 hours total battery life.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #14,696 of 62,436
I'm with you. I turned my $900 Dell XPS into a $3500 Mac Book Pro and it runs Mojave and Windows 10 like a boss. I have 2 apple TV's and my $25 Prime Day Deal Fire TV 4k is so much easier to use and all around faster then both my ATV's. Just because it's Apple doesn't mean your getting the best or even a great product, it just means you going to pay Mercedes Benz pricing. Sorry for the off topic. I won't be getting the APP's either. Waiting on deliver of my Advanced M5's.

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #14,697 of 62,436
Oh, I was responding to mattedialdoc's comment that the Mpow T5 had a wider soundstage than the SSK because I found the opposite to be true, which is also what you're saying. Different ears! He said "I think the Bomaker and MPow have deeper bass, wider soundstage, and sharper highs and mids than the SSK. They are a little more expensive...but under $50."
Not sure if you all saw but new Nuarl coming...
013.jpg

The NUARL N6 series is equipped with the NUARL DRIVER [N6] , a 6.0mm dynamic full range driver with the highest grade neodymium magnet and a unique magnetic circuit with reduced heat demagnetization during long-term drive. It combines two types of composite vibrating membranes that have been newly developed with an emphasis on sound quality. Two models of the N6 and N6 Pro are available.

The base model, the N6, adopts the NUARL DRIVER [N6]v3, which uses a PTT multilayer film diaphragm with TPE and titanium film deposition on the surface of a PEEK vibrating film with excellent rigidity and elasticity. It is said to play a powerful sound with a sharp from the high to the low. The body color is gloss black and silver.

The N6 Pro uses the NUARL DRIVER [N6]v5, which uses a single-walled carbon nanotube with high mechanical strength and excellent energy conversion efficiency, and the SWCNT composite diaphragm, which is vacuum deposited and bonded with two vibrating membranes. It is tuned to a flat sound quality and can reproduce even fine small sounds. The body color is matte black and red copper.

The driver is modularized in a metal housing and combined with a DSP with a built-in SoC to perform delicate sound quality tuning using analog and digital tones. In addition, t.B.I's patented technology "HDSS" will be adopted to realize the spread of natural sound with thickness and three-dimensional feeling.

Bluetooth is version 5.0, profile corresponds to A2DP/HFP/HSP/AVRCP, codec is SBC/AAC/aptX. The continuous playback time of the earphone alone is about 11 hours at the time of SBC/AAC playback, and about 8 hours at the time of aptX playback. It can be used for up to 55 hours in combination with the charging case, and the charging terminal adopts USB Type-C.

Battery is good at 11 and 8 for aptx but I like the 3 buttons. We need more 3 buttons since it is painfully obvious and we probably should be done with convoluted controls and triple pressing by now :) No TWS on this one though. It senses the battery levels and rotates master to even the battery discharge. A bit odd since the new NT01AA will be TWS, have a graphite driver and 10 hour battery.
nt01a_thumb.jpg
Lower price, less accessories only 35 hours total.

how much?

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #14,698 of 62,436
NT01 model will be $109. N6 and Pro no set price I could see just yet. Obviously more than the NT01A's.

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #14,699 of 62,436
All this proves is that the general public is severely uneducated when it comes to TWS and they'll buy anything Apple puts out. I've commented on several Air Pod Pro Youtube reviews and half of these dudes have never ever heard of the Sony WF-1000MX3, Liberty 2 Pro , MW07+ or any of the other medium/ high end TWS' available. Apple's marketing obviously reaches much further, but Look at the MBP and the Iphone, How many people spend money they don't have for a $1000-3000 Phone or Laptop, when you can get a comparable product for half the price? Don't get me wrong I love my iphone, Ipad etc. and i'm heavily invested in Apple's ecosystem but i'm all about the best product for the money and the reality is that many of Apple's products do not fall in to that category, and for $250 they Air Pods Pro are included.

I’ve said it before in here but the APP aren’t the best in any category. Sound, ANC, price, size, but damn if they are the best all around.
It’s all what’s important to you. If you want the best sound, plenty to choose from. If you want the best ANC, get ya some Sony’s, if you want cheap, plenty of Chi-fi’s out there. If you want small, again, a litany of options.
But the APP does everything very well. Sound isn’t the Best, but’s it’s very good. ANC, pretty damn good and offered transparency that is very good. The integration probably is the best for iPhone users. Nothing works as seamless as they do.

These things are very good at what they do. Very few true competitors as they do everything really really well. These aren’t some janky buds that people are paying a premium for that swear they are the greatest. But it’s folks saying it checks more boxes than most is a really small pkg.

Nov 1, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #14,700 of 62,436
I’ve said it before in here but the APP aren’t the best in any category. Sound, ANC, price, size, but damn if they are the best all around.
It’s all what’s important to you. If you want the best sound, plenty to choose from. If you want the best ANC, get ya some Sony’s, if you want cheap, plenty of Chi-fi’s out there. If you want small, again, a litany of options.
But the APP does everything very well. Sound isn’t the Best, but’s it’s very good. ANC, pretty damn good and offered transparency that is very good. The integration probably is the best for iPhone users. Nothing works as seamless as they do.

These things are very good at what they do. Very few true competitors as they do everything really really well. These aren’t some janky buds that people are paying a premium for that swear they are the greatest. But it’s folks saying it checks more boxes than most is a really small pkg.
I was just about to say the same thing. I have a lot of the popular brands mentioned on here and would trade all of them for the pros. I get that not everyone needs what the app pro has to offer, but that’s what’s great with all of the variety. I like the app pros because it does everything I have wanted in true wireless. Having them sound like my Sony’s or wm07’s would have been nice, but they come close enough. The more I listen the more I like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back