Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 1, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #14,671 of 62,434
SI've been out of the loop for a little while as far as the newest updates in TWS (and more specifically budget options).

I've had the Anbes 359 (seems like I got one of the last pairs) since earlier this year and LOVE them. They are such a versatile, great sounding pair and I'm completely satisfied with them. However, one of the little rubber pads fell off, and while I managed to glue it back on, it made me think that it might be time to get something new.

I like the sound signature of the anbes, but wouldn't mind more sub bass. I understand that it'll be hard to accommodate that while maintaining the excellent clarity and soundstage that the anbes had.

Before I fell off the face of the earth, the Kissral R18 was supposedly the same as the Anbes 359, but rebranded. Is this still the case, for the Kissral r18s being sold on amazon?

The other ones I was looking into were the Tranya T3s (I heard they have excellent bass and comparable sound quality to the anbes), or the Tranya B530, which were being sent to people for testing last time I checked. Any update on those? I think I remember the MPOW T5s being highly recommended as well. Also, I know this is a longshot, but ambient mode would be amazing, I just haven't seen any offerings that aren't super expensive, that sound like what I want.

What do you guys think, and are there any contenders that I'm missing?
If you like the Anbes with more bass get these I also did a review. Check my sig: Bluetooth Earbuds Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth Earphones Wireless Headphones, OFUSHO Bluetooth 5.0 Deep Bass 152H Playtime IPX7 Waterproof TWS Stereo in-Ear Headphones with Charging Case, CVC8.0 Apt-X https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VD3M6M3/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_LZ2UDbXBQNTM6[/QUOTE]

If you're in the U.S., get the SSK instead of the Kissral R18. It's almost half the price at $21.

https://www.amazon.com/SSK-Bluetooth-Headphones-Sweatproof-Microphone/dp/B07R8TPND5

Nov 1, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #14,672 of 62,434
Like I wrote this morning the soundstage of the Anbes 359 is almost TOO wide making it had to the (my) brain to put the two sides together. I prefer the T5/M5, too bad my right bud has that high noise floor between tracks...

Gonna have to sit tight Klaus !

Oh, I was responding to mattedialdoc's comment that the Mpow T5 had a wider soundstage than the SSK because I found the opposite to be true, which is also what you're saying. Different ears! He said "I think the Bomaker and MPow have deeper bass, wider soundstage, and sharper highs and mids than the SSK. They are a little more expensive...but under $50."

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #14,673 of 62,434
I've just dropped my bomb. The Apple AirPods Pro compared to 16 much cheaper wireless earphones. Enjoy!

Apple AirPods Pro vs cheap wireless earphones MEGA TEST.jpg

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #14,674 of 62,434

Well put together write-up. Would like to have seen more conclusions though.

For me, your comments with respect to the Creative Outlier Gold sum up the whole conversation. The Outlier's sound better, have far better battery life, are more compact, and cost less than half the price. The only reason why the AirPods are part of the conversation is because they are made by Apple. It's like Bose, a mediocre brand that sometimes makes decent stuff. Never the best, never the worst, but always at a premium cost regardless.

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #14,676 of 62,434
Since your going to the Apple store anyway, you should give the power beats a try. I'm really liking these, they are comfortable and stay in place and very low profile for outside use.
Yeah, the only thing is I just don't like the around-ear design. I guess my ears are just a little sensitive. :xf_eek:

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #14,677 of 62,434
Guys. Just found the Sony WF-1000XM3 for € 130..shall I go for it ?
Depends on what you plan to use them for. Heavy aerobic exercise? Would advise against, since they have no IP rating and will probably fall out. Gym, but mostly weight training? Perfectly fine, as I use them for that purpose frequently.

They are a good "lifestyle" product that can dull noise at the gym, coffee shop, airplane, car, bus, etc. To me, the sound is very good and can be EQd via the Sony Headphone App to your preferences. The only thing is the fit can be challenging on some people, but I had good success with the L tips provided.

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #14,678 of 62,434
Depends on what you plan to use them for. Heavy aerobic exercise? Would advise against, since they have no IP rating and will probably fall out. Gym, but mostly weight training? Perfectly fine, as I use them for that purpose frequently.

They are a good "lifestyle" product that can dull noise at the gym, coffee shop, airplane, car, bus, etc. To me, the sound is very good and can be EQd via the Sony Headphone App to your preferences. The only thing is the fit can be challenging on some people, but I had good success with the L tips provided.
It's going to be my first dip into tws. Was going to mainly use them for calls and commuting. I was eyeing the shanling mtw 100 but after shipping etc. they would come out to € 99 so would be only 20 less than the sony's..what to do, what to do :xf_eek:

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #14,679 of 62,434
Well put together write-up. Would like to have seen more conclusions though.

For me, your comments with respect to the Creative Outlier Gold sum up the whole conversation. The Outlier's sound better, have far better battery life, are more compact, and cost less than half the price. The only reason why the AirPods are part of the conversation is because they are made by Apple. It's like Bose, a mediocre brand that sometimes makes decent stuff. Never the best, never the worst, but always at a premium cost regardless.
If the APP had half the connectivity problems of the Outlier Air (I didn't have the Gold), there'd be heads rolling at Apple.

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #14,680 of 62,434
Oh, I was responding to mattedialdoc's comment that the Mpow T5 had a wider soundstage than the SSK because I found the opposite to be true, which is also what you're saying. Different ears! He said "I think the Bomaker and MPow have deeper bass, wider soundstage, and sharper highs and mids than the SSK. They are a little more expensive...but under $50."

yeah, that was me
I could go back and listen some more if I’m an outlier. But I also have the new Soundcores, and except for the hissing they sound amazing. I’m sending them back though, because I don’t like the form factor as much. I have a pair of AirPods Pro coming.

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #14,681 of 62,434
I was looking into the Soundcores but their design reminds me of the Sony WF-1000Xm3s and I really didn't like it, looks really goofy with these "modules" sticking out, is it as bad as it looks in the pics ? Besides it's been said here that isolation is poor so I'll pass.

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #14,682 of 62,434
It's going to be my first dip into tws. Was going to mainly use them for calls and commuting. I was eyeing the shanling mtw 100 but after shipping etc. they would come out to € 99 so would be only 20 less than the sony's..what to do, what to do :xf_eek:
Wouldn't recommend if calls are a high priority. They work for calls, but your voice will come across a bit muffled. Not the worst, but certainly not the best. If sound quality is not a top priority for you, then the AirPods Pro seems like a good fit for your purposes.

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #14,683 of 62,434
Nov 1, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #14,685 of 62,434
yeah, that was me
I could go back and listen some more if I’m an outlier. But I also have the new Soundcores, and except for the hissing they sound amazing. I’m sending them back though, because I don’t like the form factor as much. I have a pair of AirPods Pro coming.

Ok I take it back. The SSK kick a$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back