Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 28, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #14,326 of 62,435
MW07+ have very good isolation without ANC. For me ANC doesn't make a big difference. Yes it would be nice to have ANC close to over the ears Sony's. Still have to carry them for my bus commute.

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #14,327 of 62,435
I'm sure it's the ANC that is affecting that.

Not by much, according to apples site they get 5 hours with ANC and transparency off.

I think they gave them a poor ass battery life just so their sheep customers have to buy the new version in 2-3 years once the battery has degraded.

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #14,329 of 62,435
MW07+ have very good isolation without ANC. For me ANC doesn't make a big difference. Yes it would be nice to have ANC close to over the ears Sony's. Still have to carry them for my bus commute.
That's a easy one. Buy decent quality memory foom ear tips (I prefer T200) & you gain on; comfort, isolation, fit & a bit more bass with any EMI's.

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #14,330 of 62,435
As my buying splurge continues something needs to go. I have a brand new KZ E10 from Ali delivered to me today. If anyone wants them, I'll do 65 shipped in the US.

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #14,331 of 62,435
Point taken, my bad in comprehension skills :). But still why AAC is so critical if MW07+ reportedly sound exceptional with Apple stuff even on SBC?

Yes they still sound exceptional even over SBC, but these things are $300. They should definitely have at the very least features that are considered basic on even super budget TWS.

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #14,332 of 62,435
Point taken, my bad in comprehension skills :). But still why AAC is so critical if MW07+ reportedly sound exceptional with Apple stuff even on SBC?

Lol your comprehension's just fine - it's this thread's fault with all these three letter abbreviations flying around. :D

Re; Sound - it seems that some of the more critical/picky (not in a bad way) listeners are NOT happy with how the SBC sounds on iOS versus aptX on Android. They may release an update though it's unsure how it will be applied.

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #14,333 of 62,435
Yes they still sound exceptional even over SBC, but these things are $300. They should definitely have at the very least features that are considered basic on even super budget TWS.
When it comes to end result relevant to the user, which is sound, custom 10mm berillium drivers seem to be much more effective and rare "feature" than AAC.

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #14,334 of 62,435
When it comes to end result relevant to the user, which is sound, custom 10mm berillium drivers seem to be much more effective and rare "feature" than AAC.

This is a tough one for me. M&D should put the latest and best features in a product priced as a premium option. I think it was a misstep and it shows poor attention to detail. While codecs aren't everything and while they may still sound excellent over sbc they would sound even better over AAC. So if I'm paying big money i want it all. Even though I'm currently using android I switch frequently and therefore I'm considering returning mine. It would bother me to know that I'm not getting thr best sq my hardware can offer over ios.

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #14,335 of 62,435

Yeah I'm in agreement with this in general. I have them and wrote a very positive review of them earlier on this thread. There's no question it's an oversight though and definitely worth complaining about given the price tag. Apparently they're trying to find a way to make them compatible w AAC, so hopefully that happens.

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #14,336 of 62,435
Toxic and rare would be a better word real "audiophile" grade material. Is it good? No not that much, both Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide (relatively vide available now) & Graphen (rare and hard to synthesis) are better. Cones are the most important parts & mids most important range. The passive condensers are good to extend the range in lows and highs. Regarding all lossy codecs the Opus is a champion (free & open source, officially supported since Android 10 & present in Foobar & FFmpeg across all platforms) better than AAC, lower latency than APTx LL, not a low complexity but nothing usual today hardware in TWS can't handle in real time. Up to 48 KHz & up to 32 bit hybrid optimised towards 20 kHz band preserving and better preserving low frequencies so superior in each & every way. Regarding wire transfer (still to much for BT) & transfer at all its a DSD 64 DoP (in PCM parameters at 96KHz 20 bit 120 dB) in preserving & bringing back ADC - DAC details (thanks to sigma delta modulation). Regarding lossless audio 24 bit 96KHz Flac (open source, now widely available, smaller than wav same quality [a tad bigger than Apple losses] easy to decode rojalti & DRM free).

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #14,338 of 62,435
I wonder if comply or other tips will end up fitting in the Apple case? Maybe we won’t need them for i typically find foam better than silicone in providing a seal.

If these get 4:30 with ANC and it works well and comfort is close to the original, they will have a winner. I’m feeling like these will disappoint tho, but hope not. I bought them today as well.

Oct 28, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #14,339 of 62,435
I wonder if comply or other tips will end up fitting in the Apple case? Maybe we won’t need them for i typically find foam better than silicone in providing a seal.

If these get 4:30 with ANC and it works well and comfort is close to the original, they will have a winner. I’m feeling like these will disappoint tho, but hope not. I bought them today as well.
You more likely than else will need comply for new airpods. They are vented and the nozzle looks way too short (Which the whole industry has been avoiding) They won't lock in your ears

Oct 28, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #14,340 of 62,435
Oh i agree. My question is will they fit in the case? Not worth taking them on and off for daily use. Most manufacturers are trying to keep the case so small the stems are so small you can’t make any adjustments and still for the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back